Motorized Sub Car

4 replies to this topic

#1 MacK

MacK

• The DaddY MacK

Member: 2984

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:08 AM

Well the other day I was at TRU and they still haven’t restocked since Christmas, being that I had only $40 and that there were no good sets still in sealed boxes (some of them were ripped open!) I decided to buy the power functions motor kit. Anyways after a few hours of trial and error I’ve finally finished a small motorized car. It’s not the best MOC out there but it’s the first Technic one I’ve made, so please be nice. It can drive in a straight line has headlights and a firing cannon as a play features! I call it a sub car because the huge battery pack makes it look like a submarine, and the motor jutting out is like a propeller. \

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also I have a few questions for the more experienced Technic builders. This won’t damage the motor right? Sometimes it may hit a wall and then drive up against it and the motor can get dislodged or twisted about, that won’t fry the motor or anything right?
Do general tips or tricks I should be aware off?  

Posted Image

Posted Image

Overall it was kind of fun making this and I hope to acquire more power functions in the future (like a remote and IR receiver).

C&C welcome!    

Mocpages
Brickshelf

#2 Zblj

Zblj

Member: 7054

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:51 PM

Its a cute first model :) Depending on your parts number, you can reinforce the motor, so it wont twist. With another motor and PF remote controller and receiver, you can make it fully controllable :)

ZBLJ STANDS FOR ZERO BRICKS LEFT JERRY

ANIMATOR, TECHNIC BUILDER, ADVANCED LEGO DIGITAL DESIGNER USER

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

PLEASE CLICK ON TEXT/IMAGE TO VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

"AIN'T NO THING LIKE ME, EXCEPT ME!" - ROCKET RACCOON

NEED A MODEL DONE IN LDD? CONTACT ME!

#3 Burf2000

Burf2000

Member: 6615

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:28 PM

A fine start mate, next we get you using NXT's.  Using lego to make models is good, making them models move is better :)

Remember you can control up to 8 motors from a single PF controller by switching channels (16 if you want only one direction)

#4 mahjqa

mahjqa

Member: 108

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:25 AM

Isn't that worm wheel grinding against the other parts?

#5 MacK

MacK

• The DaddY MacK

Member: 2984

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:54 PM

View Postmahjqa, on Jan 20 2010, 12:25 AM, said:

Isn't that worm wheel grinding against the other parts?

Actually no it only moves the axles, that is unless it hits something and gets stuck then it grinds other parts.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users