I've just noticed that I've been promoted to "Knight". A search reveals that this happens at 500 posts. But that thread seemed out of date, like

- We now have root admins and global admins

- Fellows?

- Rank pictures have changed

I just think an update would be useful.

P.S., obviously I'm a plastic knight given that title+rank = polyvinylchloride knight!

Could you clarify the wanted update ? The fellow group is saturated rigth now, but we are in a rationalization process. A lot of the promoted users have not been online for a long time

How does one become a fellow? Is it earned? May I have a link to this thread? I would like to see it, please :-) !

Fellows are nominated mainly by fellows, sometimes by the admins. I think it helps not to post into only one specific forum ;-)

Could you clarify the wanted update ? The fellow group is saturated rigth now, but we are in a rationalization process. A lot of the promoted users have not been online for a long time

There's a thread somewhere. In the EB information forum, I think, that describes hwo many posts it takes to reach citizen, knight, count etc. It shows symbols for ranks which are based on stars and shields. Certainly the symbols and maybe the rank titles are out of date. I'd just like an update, please. I think it would be useful for the the forum. Also to see the admin/mod groups and their symbols.

ok I'll do that if I ever find that thread again :-D btw does your new title please yourself ?

Ah yes, I now remember why you were promoted to root admin :-D Ok, I'll spend my afternoon making a massive update, and re arranging all the tags

Ah yes, I now remember why you were promoted to root admin :-D

Cos you need a lap dog? :-P

Oh thank you for the link.

I think it helps not to post into only one specific forum ;-)

Me? Noooooo ;-) .

Now, how exactly does one become this "Fellow" you speak of? Is it a type of Premier Membership, sort of like BZP, with which you have to pay for?

-l2k-

Now, how exactly does one become this "Fellow" you speak of?

Through promotion by them.

Is it a type of Premier Membership, sort of like BZP, with which you have to pay for?

Hm... there's a thought... >:-)

He's correct, fellows choose who will get promoted among the members.

Is it a type of Premier Membership, sort of like BZP, with which you have to pay for?

While you don't necessarily, it could definitely help. X-D

Fellows are nominated mainly by fellows, sometimes by the admins. I think it helps not to post into only one specific forum ;-)

Then what about Phes? :-D

He's correct, fellows choose who will get promoted among the members.

Ah, so I would have to be in the favor of one of these "fellows" you speak of? Interesting ;-)

-l2k-

Ah, so I would have to be in the favor of one of these "fellows" you speak of? Interesting ;-)

-l2k-

I think it's a bit like titles. Asking gets you nowhere, but bribes often help ;-) :-P

I think it's a bit like titles. Asking gets you nowhere, but bribes often help ;-) :-P

Hmmm...Would bumping you up by 3 notches in my cool book be sufficiant? That puts you at 3.

-l2k-

Hmmm...Would bumping you up by 3 notches in my cool book be sufficiant? That puts you at 3.

-l2k-

Depends. Is it three from the top? Three from the bottom? And does it come with a cash prize? X-D

Really though, it's not something one person decides. One person nominates, then all fellows have a say in what happens. Ultimately, it's left to the admins of course. It's not really a big deal. Except for the free Lego sets. And pastries and coffee we get each morning :-P

I do like the changes - but I also hope they aren't making sights like this: more common. There is nothing that annoys me more then pages upon pages of near empty posts - and worse still when they resusitate old threads.

spam.JPG

Depends. Is it three from the top? Three from the bottom? And does it come with a cash prize? X-D

Really though, it's not something one person decides. One person nominates, then all fellows have a say in what happens. Ultimately, it's left to the admins of course. It's not really a big deal. Except for the free Lego sets. And pastries and coffee we get each morning :-P

Three from the bottom :-P Perhaps a fourth notch can be arranged ;-)

-l2k-

Don't let him bribe you, that means less sets and pastries for us! :-P