Jump to content


The Penguin's SW minifigures..... )


65 replies to this topic

#26 Nute Gunray

Nute Gunray

    Posts: 33
    Joined: 30-December 08
    Member: 4855

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

Most impressive, Master Kenobi Penguin! My favourite is Lok Durd, although I saw him before. From the news, the best is the tactical droid. And I really like to see a Mar Tuuk, or Nuo Vindi fig(or both of them :laugh: )

#27 The Penguin

The Penguin

  • Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!


    Posts: 2271
    Joined: 10-January 08
    Member: 2465
    Country: Russia

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:38 PM

View PostADHO15, on Jan 11 2010, 06:59 PM, said:

:grin:

Make sense? :classic:

Thanks! ) :classic: That's clear now. )  :laugh:

View PostThe crazy one, on Jan 11 2010, 07:30 PM, said:



Blooming fantastic figures Pengy! Those droids are tops. :wink:

Thank you very much! )  :classic:

View PostNute Gunray, on Jan 11 2010, 09:42 PM, said:

Most impressive, Master Kenobi Penguin! My favourite is Lok Durd, although I saw him before. From the news, the best is the tactical droid. And I really like to see a Mar Tuuk, or Nuo Vindi fig(or both of them :laugh: )

I hope you'll like the new part. )  :wink:

And here it is! )  :classic:

Thanks to ADHO, who dragged me out of a certain ideas crisis for my SW minifigures, I present you this part which I hope you'll like. )  :classic:  :thumbup:

B1 Commander droid. )  :classic:
(Much like the original LEGO one. :classic: )


Posted Image

Posted Image

B1 Pilot Droid. )  :classic:

Posted Image

Posted Image

OOM Security droid. )  :classic:

Posted Image

Posted Image

B1 Droid Marine. )  :classic:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rainbow droids!  :wink:

Posted Image

Now the proud member of my beloved Confederacy Dr. Nuvo Vindi. )  :classic:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hope you liked that part! )  :classic:

Posted Image

Any comments, please? )  :sweet:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! )  :classic:

#28 filip skywalker

filip skywalker

  • The young one


    Posts: 384
    Joined: 15-September 09
    Member: 7423
    Country: Sweden

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:08 PM

Amazing! :wub:

I love your customs!
"Once more, the Sith will rule the galaxy… And we shall have peace."

Currently appearing as Sith Lord Dar'vole'e In pedro's Jedi duel game.

#29 Nute Gunray

Nute Gunray

    Posts: 33
    Joined: 30-December 08
    Member: 4855

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:43 AM

Dr Vindi is Amazing! He is so maaad! The droids are also good, but they are just droids :laugh:

#30 Torax

Torax

    Posts: 230
    Joined: 09-August 09
    Member: 6953
    Country: Sweden

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:17 AM

Nice work!
Good use of paint without making the figs look cluttered.

[My Introduction Topic: Link][Trade me your regular LEGO for my BIONICLE! PM me for a list of what BIONICLEs I have!]
[Star Wars Module Standard?]


#31 Lord Starkiller

Lord Starkiller

    Posts: 171
    Joined: 04-January 10
    Member: 8901

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:02 PM

Hey, is there any way i could buy a commando droid?
Don't ask about my Capitalization.                                                                                                                                                                                  


Ignorance is Bliss, so you must be Very Blissful!

Spread the Fail Whale.
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

#32 YG-49

YG-49

  • Missed one


    Posts: 1381
    Joined: 31-January 09
    Member: 5171

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:09 PM

Vindi is one of my favorites! :sweet: You did him great, though maybe you could post another version, with a helmet and maybe Blue Shadow droid?
Although, I can easily see you painted over the City Chef's torso...... You need to put another (paint) coat on him.
SPACE FOR RENT

I felt my old sig was too big, so it's gone.

I'll miss it.

My fantastic avatar is by Jebediahs.

#33 The Penguin

The Penguin

  • Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!


    Posts: 2271
    Joined: 10-January 08
    Member: 2465
    Country: Russia

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:53 PM

View Postfilip skywalker, on Feb 1 2010, 11:08 PM, said:

Amazing! :wub:

I love your customs!

Thank you very much, young one! )  :classic:

View PostNute Gunray, on Feb 2 2010, 12:43 PM, said:

Dr Vindi is Amazing! He is so maaad! The droids are also good, but they are just droids :laugh:

Don't underestimate a battle droid, my friend. )  :classic: They can be a formiddable force on open space, without any difficult terrain, in good weather conditions, when with artillery support..... Yeah, you're right! )  :laugh:

Thanks a lot! )  :classic:  :thumbup:

View PostTorax, on Feb 2 2010, 02:17 PM, said:

Nice work!
Good use of paint without making the figs look cluttered.

Thanks! ) :classic:
I try my best. )

View PostLord Starkiller, on Feb 2 2010, 03:02 PM, said:

Hey, is there any way i could buy a commando droid?

Yes, actually I'm thinking of selling my customs, as well as making custom figs on requests. ) PM me, and we'll have a small talk. )  :classic:
Everyone is, of course, welcome to PM me too. )  :sweet:

View PostYG-49, on Feb 2 2010, 03:09 PM, said:

Vindi is one of my favorites! :sweet: You did him great, though maybe you could post another version, with a helmet and maybe Blue Shadow droid?
Although, I can easily see you painted over the City Chef's torso...... You need to put another (paint) coat on him.

Thanks! ) I'm glad you liked him. )  :classic:
I may try that. )
Yes, when you've mentioned it, I noticed that too. The funny thing is that it's not visible on the fig in reality for some reason. Anyway, thanks for the hint! )  :classic:  :thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! )  :classic:

#34 YouKnowMe

YouKnowMe

    Posts: 34
    Joined: 09-December 09
    Member: 8522

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:47 PM

Your commando droids are great indeed, might have to consider sending you a PM  :tongue:

#35 The Penguin

The Penguin

  • Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!


    Posts: 2271
    Joined: 10-January 08
    Member: 2465
    Country: Russia

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:39 AM

View PostYouKnowMe, on Feb 6 2010, 10:47 PM, said:

Your commando droids are great indeed, might have to consider sending you a PM  :tongue:

Thanks for your feedback! )  :classic:
Anytime you feel comfortable.

Good daym ladies and gentlemen! )  :classic:

#36 Blackheart Brit

Blackheart Brit

    Posts: 152
    Joined: 10-December 08
    Member: 4650

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:47 PM

The aliens all look real good.  Love the bent Battle Droid arm!

#37 Abaddon127

Abaddon127

    Posts: 63
    Joined: 20-May 09
    Member: 6143

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:14 AM

I really love your work Mr. Penguin.  I would love to see you do some 40k custom work.

#38 The Penguin

The Penguin

  • Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!


    Posts: 2271
    Joined: 10-January 08
    Member: 2465
    Country: Russia

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:09 PM

View PostBlackheart Brit, on Feb 10 2010, 10:47 PM, said:

The aliens all look real good.  Love the bent Battle Droid arm!

Thanks a lot! )  :classic:  :thumbup:

View PostAbaddon127, on Feb 15 2010, 01:14 PM, said:

I really love your work Mr. Penguin.  I would love to see you do some 40k custom work.

Oh, I myself used to be 40K fan. Necrons all the way! )  :tongue:  :thumbup:

And now it's time for a new update! )  :sweet:  :thumbup:

This fig has been done especially for ADHO15, a great SW specialist and a faithful friend! )  :classic:

I hope that you'll like my new figure, ladies and gentlemen! )

Shaak Ti.  :classic:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hope you liked her! )  :classic:

Posted Image

Any comments, ladies and gentlemen? )  :sweet:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! )  :classic:

Edited by The Penguin, 15 February 2010 - 07:49 PM.


#39 ADHO15

ADHO15

  • Another day, another hat


    Posts: 3820
    Joined: 07-January 08
    Member: 2428
    Country: NZ

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:28 PM

:oh: Goodness me! Absolutely fantastic! :thumbup:
You've really captured her look! You've built on Ahoska's lekku very nicely and the custom paintwork is perfect.
I'm honoured that you've made such a wonderful fig for me. Thank you so much! :sweet:

Edited by ADHO15, 15 February 2010 - 07:28 PM.

Brickshelf 1 (adho15) - reviews, photos, MS Paint characters
Brickshelf 2 (adho16) - contest entries, Clone Conflict, LDD

#40 commdr_neyo

commdr_neyo

    Posts: 862
    Joined: 02-January 09
    Member: 4886
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:26 PM

View PostADHO15, on Feb 15 2010, 08:28 PM, said:

:oh: Goodness me! Absolutely fantastic! :thumbup:
You've really captured her look! You've built on Ahoska's lekku very nicely and the custom paintwork is perfect.
I can't say it better than that, it's to amazing for words!
My Flickr

#41 Zapper Brick

Zapper Brick

  • Another fan of the wet pants


    Posts: 675
    Joined: 17-May 09
    Member: 6112

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:45 PM

Er...

No. Sorry, It's perfect in everything but the slope. I think she would have looked better without it.
Right now, it sorta makes her look like a red princess with a lightsaber. :tongue:
Have you tryed MMCB? :classic:
Dead Sandy Sanders and Zane
I died as loyal Zita in Noir Mafia, and I was appearing as Mme. Florence in Mafstraw Manor. (I won!) I was appearing in Prohibition Mafia as Mayor Franklin White. Appearing as Zane Collinham

#42 ADHO15

ADHO15

  • Another day, another hat


    Posts: 3820
    Joined: 07-January 08
    Member: 2428
    Country: NZ

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:25 PM

View PostZapper Brick, on Feb 15 2010, 08:45 PM, said:

Er...
No. Sorry, It's perfect in everything but the slope. I think she would have looked better without it.
Right now, it sorta makes her look like a red princess with a lightsaber. :tongue:
What are you talking about? It looks so much better with the 'skirt' slope. It's much more accurate than legs. :classic:
Brickshelf 1 (adho15) - reviews, photos, MS Paint characters
Brickshelf 2 (adho16) - contest entries, Clone Conflict, LDD

#43 Mraz Skintas

Mraz Skintas

    Posts: 754
    Joined: 22-April 09
    Member: 5865
    Country: USA

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:22 PM

Bloody hell, that is by far the greatest Shaak Ti minifig I've ever seen. My only complaint is tht I think the back lekku should be a little longer. But other than that, it's perfect. Great work as usual, Penguin :thumbup:

-'Skintas

Posted Image

-'Skintas

#44 sok117

sok117

  • Grammer and Speling Professorr


    Posts: 2223
    Joined: 21-July 09
    Member: 6766
    Country: canada

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:14 AM

I think you captured Shak ti really well, The slope might not make her poseable, But I think she is a more elegant warrior, so I think the slope was a good idea.
~Sok117

#45 CommanderFox

CommanderFox

  • Can't remember his own name


    Posts: 3368
    Joined: 26-February 09
    Member: 5406
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:11 AM

Great new figs Penguin!
The BDs look Excellent! :thumbup:
Vindi is really Nice! :wub:
And Shaak Ti Is great aswell. :wub:
Nice job, looking forward to more!

CommanderFox
My Brickshelf!. The Brick Hope.
Anime and Manga fan, feel free to discuss anything anime on my profile :)
                                          CommanderFox playing as Ollivander Dippet for Gryffindor in Harry Potter Wizards Duel!
Posted ImagePosted Image - Kiwi Bricks

#46 The Penguin

The Penguin

  • Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!


    Posts: 2271
    Joined: 10-January 08
    Member: 2465
    Country: Russia

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:37 AM

View PostADHO15, on Feb 15 2010, 10:28 PM, said:

:oh: Goodness me! Absolutely fantastic! :thumbup:
You've really captured her look! You've built on Ahoska's lekku very nicely and the custom paintwork is perfect.
I'm honoured that you've made such a wonderful fig for me. Thank you so much! :sweet:

Oh, you're too kind, ADHO15! )  :classic:
She's ready to be sent to your system, Admiral! ) :laugh:
I hope she'll be a good part of your SW collection. )  :classic:

View Postcommdr_neyo, on Feb 15 2010, 11:26 PM, said:

I can't say it better than that, it's to amazing for words!

Thank you very much! )  :classic:

View PostZapper Brick, on Feb 15 2010, 11:45 PM, said:

Er...

No. Sorry, It's perfect in everything but the slope. I think she would have looked better without it.
Right now, it sorta makes her look like a red princess with a lightsaber. :tongue:
Have you tryed MMCB? :classic:

The red princess, pardon? I'm afraid I didn't get the point here, sorry. )
No, should I? )  :classic:

View PostMraz'Skintas, on Feb 16 2010, 02:22 AM, said:

Bloody hell, that is by far the greatest Shaak Ti minifig I've ever seen. My only complaint is tht I think the back lekku should be a little longer. But other than that, it's perfect. Great work as usual, Penguin :thumbup:

-'Skintas

Thanks! ) I'm glad you liked her. )  :sweet:
A little longer? Yes, I guess, you're right. It's just I havent found the pic of her back. ) :classic:

View Postsok117, on Feb 16 2010, 07:14 AM, said:

I think you captured Shak ti really well, The slope might not make her poseable, But I think she is a more elegant warrior, so I think the slope was a good idea.

Thanks a lot. )  :classic:

View PostCommanderFox, on Feb 16 2010, 10:11 AM, said:

Great new figs Penguin!
The BDs look Excellent! :thumbup:
Vindi is really Nice! :wub:
And Shaak Ti Is great aswell. :wub:
Nice job, looking forward to more!

CommanderFox

Thank you. ) I'm not sure that SW minifigs will come soon, however, I hope you'll enjoy them as well! )  :classic:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! )  :classic:

#47 Mraz Skintas

Mraz Skintas

    Posts: 754
    Joined: 22-April 09
    Member: 5865
    Country: USA

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:46 AM

Posted Image

The rear lekku seems a little thinner, too.....

-'Skintas

Posted Image

-'Skintas

#48 Zapper Brick

Zapper Brick

  • Another fan of the wet pants


    Posts: 675
    Joined: 17-May 09
    Member: 6112

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:21 AM

View PostThe Penguin, on Feb 16 2010, 09:37 AM, said:

The red princess, pardon? I'm afraid I didn't get the point here, sorry. )
No, should I? )  :classic:

Well, you see, about 20 years ago, in a galaxy across the sea... :tongue:

The slopes were standardly used as dresses for princesses, and I've just sort of made a connection in my head between that slope and the castle line. As you've noticed Shaak Ti is red, therefore "Red Princess". One of the things that really makes a Jedi a Jedi is swift, agile, moves. With the slope it makes her look a little to blocky.

MMCB might be worth a try. Or Ventress skirt, but I'm not sure about that. :sceptic:
Dead Sandy Sanders and Zane
I died as loyal Zita in Noir Mafia, and I was appearing as Mme. Florence in Mafstraw Manor. (I won!) I was appearing in Prohibition Mafia as Mayor Franklin White. Appearing as Zane Collinham

#49 Forresto

Forresto

  • Soccor Star


    Posts: 2600
    Joined: 30-July 09
    Member: 6841
    Country: USA

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:15 PM

Thee are all very good! I especially like your Shaak Ti and that you cleverly made it using Ashoka's headress. I am very jealous of you minifigure custimization abilities.

I have a challenge for you, if you don't mind (You don't have to accept if you don't want to :tongue: ). Recently on the Clone Wars was a character called Admiral Trench, who was a spider like character. He was sepretist admiral who has multiple eyes, arms and a some what more elaborate uniform. If anyone was to do it I think you could do it brilliantly.

Here is a site with a bunch of very good pictures of him.
Wookiepedia's article

BTW my avatar is Trench :grin:

Edited by Forresto, 01 April 2010 - 11:16 PM.


#50 The Penguin

The Penguin

  • Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!


    Posts: 2271
    Joined: 10-January 08
    Member: 2465
    Country: Russia

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:14 PM

View PostMraz'Skintas, on Feb 16 2010, 01:46 PM, said:

The rear lekku seems a little thinner, too.....

-'Skintas

Thanks for that, I hope that the owner of the fig won't be disappointed. ) I'll take it into account while making others. )  :classic:

View PostZapper Brick, on Feb 20 2010, 06:21 AM, said:

Well, you see, about 20 years ago, in a galaxy across the sea... :tongue:

The slopes were standardly used as dresses for princesses, and I've just sort of made a connection in my head between that slope and the castle line. As you've noticed Shaak Ti is red, therefore "Red Princess". One of the things that really makes a Jedi a Jedi is swift, agile, moves. With the slope it makes her look a little to blocky.

MMCB might be worth a try. Or Ventress skirt, but I'm not sure about that. :sceptic:

Um, I think I see your point. To certain extent. Ok, I'll see what I can do about that in fiture.  :sceptic:

View PostForresto, on Apr 2 2010, 03:15 AM, said:

Thee are all very good! I especially like your Shaak Ti and that you cleverly made it using Ashoka's headress. I am very jealous of you minifigure custimization abilities.

I have a challenge for you, if you don't mind (You don't have to accept if you don't want to :tongue: ). Recently on the Clone Wars was a character called Admiral Trench, who was a spider like character. He was sepretist admiral who has multiple eyes, arms and a some what more elaborate uniform. If anyone was to do it I think you could do it brilliantly.

Here is a site with a bunch of very good pictures of him.
Wookiepedia's article

BTW my avatar is Trench :grin:

Thanks a lot, Forresto! )  :classic:
No need to be jealous: I can't give you my skills but I can always make a fig for you.  :classic:

I'll look into that character. I haven't seen the episode itself, but he looks interesting. I may give him a try. It's not the first time I make multihanded characters. (Oh, those nagas!  :wub:  :blush: Sorry.)

And now, ladies and gentlemen! It's time for the next part! )  :classic:  :thumbup:

Quarren Senator Tikkes. )
(I tried to give him that greasy look.  :classic:  )


Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

San Hill, Banking Clan Head. )  :classic:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kneeling Battle Droid. )  :wub:
(Sorry for the long wait!)


Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Senator Tikkes: What do you see there, droid?
Battle droid: Rotten tomatoes incoming! Roger, roge.....


Any comments, please? )  :laugh:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! )  :classic:



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users