Jump to content


The Penguin's SW minifigures..... )


65 replies to this topic

#1 The Penguin

The Penguin

  • Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!


    Posts: 2271
    Joined: 10-January 08
    Member: 2465
    Country: Russia

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:58 AM

Ladies and gentlemen! )  :sweet:

I'm proud to present you my new topic. I should've created a while ago already, along with my Batman, Castle, Red Alert, Historic and other threads. Well, however, I'm doing it now. And i really hope you'll like them. The topic swill be updated as usual: by adding new pics. )  :classic:

Some of the below minifigs have already been shown, some are new:  :classic:

Let's start with The Republic. Commander Gree and his troopers. )  :classic:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My favourite Lok Durd! )  :wub:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wat Tambor. )  :classic:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Commando droids. ) :classic:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Firefighting battle droids. )  :classic:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Camouflaged B2 battle droid. )  :classic:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rocket B2 battle droid. )  :classic:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cold assault battle droids. )  :classic:

Posted Image

Posted Image

B1 battle droid commander. )  :sweet:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nute Gunray. )  :wub:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tactical droid. )  :sweet:
Tool me several hours to make. )  :classic:


Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hope you liked the first part. )  :classic:

Posted Image

Any comments, please? )  :sweet:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! )  :classic:

Edited by The Penguin, 07 January 2010 - 11:02 AM.


#2 ADHO15

ADHO15

  • Another day, another hat


    Posts: 3805
    Joined: 07-January 08
    Member: 2428
    Country: UK

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:09 PM

:oh:  The tactical droid is incredible! Very well done! :thumbup:
Does it stay together a bit better now?
Gunray is definitely an improvement and the bent BD arm is nice as well.
It's great seeing all your other works again, especially Gree. :sweet:

Keep up the excellent work, Penguin!
Posted Image------------Posted Image  -  V2.0 coming soon...
Click here to support my Jedi Temple MOC (pictured) on LEGO Ideas

#3 BlueBard

BlueBard

    Posts: 2225
    Joined: 21-February 08
    Member: 2796
    Country: Spain

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:42 PM

Wonderful models, as usual!  :thumbup: The tactical droid is especially impressive  :classic:

#4 Mraz Skintas

Mraz Skintas

    Posts: 753
    Joined: 22-April 09
    Member: 5865
    Country: USA

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:59 PM

Marvelous work, Penguin.  :thumbup: It's good to have flashback of your old figs, as they are truly wonderful. And this is only the first part, you say? I can't wait to see part two.

-'Skintas

Posted Image

-'Skintas

#5 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:01 PM

Um, um, wow, I'm speechless, they are all amazing.  I was impressed with the very first clone, but then I got to the Tactical droid and damn, they is just great, it really looks like the real thing.  Your models are so accurate, you truely have a gift for customizing figs :thumbup:

#6 Jasbrick

Jasbrick

    Posts: 139
    Joined: 24-November 08
    Member: 4491

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:22 PM

Excellent work and very accurately converted.  Well done.

I particularly like the Commando Droids and the Tactical Droid is definitely a serious piece of work.  If I may offer some advice, one thing I noticed was that the yellow on the Firefighting droids was a little translucent... if you want it to stand out more could I recommend first painting the area that will be yellow in a strong but light colour (such as GW Codex Grey).  When painting over this with the yellow it will make it much brighter.

I bet you can make some excellent MOC's based on the Clone Wars with so many of the important characters / types represented here.

Jasbrick
"Failures are [Forum] posts on the road to achievement." C.S. Lewis [edited by me]

Jasbrick's Flickr

#7 badboytje88

badboytje88

  • Bad Lick


    Posts: 2446
    Joined: 01-May 07
    Member: 1561
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:36 PM

Your nute gunray is the way lego should have done him! The skirt looks lovely
Posted Image Bebe Theodora Jefferson in Tamamonos Mafia Sunset

#8 the Inventor

the Inventor

  • Lures the Redcoat staff to ToR's boiling point!


    Posts: 442
    Joined: 10-June 09
    Member: 6351
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:47 PM

Awesome figures The Penguin,  :thumbup:
They are all great but that tactical droid is the best of them.  :sweet:


the Inventor

Lord Edzerd, Hersir of the Northern Legion and Dwarves from Mitgardia

Posted Image  -   Posted Image

Visit my Flickr or Brickshelf Gallery


#9 ComputerBug

ComputerBug

    Posts: 1481
    Joined: 23-October 08
    Member: 4202
    Country: USA

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:57 PM

Wow penguin you never ceasen to impress me with your customizing skills I marveled at that tactical droid for quite a while nice work! :classic:

#10 Dutch

Dutch

    Posts: 642
    Joined: 10-October 08
    Member: 4110
    Country: U.S.A

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:23 PM

I love these customs. Will you do more clone trooper's?

#11 RoryoCox

RoryoCox

  • Photography Contest Winner


    Posts: 1486
    Joined: 28-August 09
    Member: 7213
    Country: United Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:22 PM

Again, your customs are unbeatable.
The camouflaged SPD's are the best.
Just like all your other customs they are all brilliant.
Well Don, can't wait until I see your next batch of custom minifigures.

RoryoCox


#12 Swash Buckler

Swash Buckler

    Posts: 348
    Joined: 01-November 09
    Member: 8048

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:30 PM

:thumbup: Nice work -my favs are Tambor and Clones - tactical droid is nice also -lego should make an official though- but i must say i like more of original Nute and Also Lok Durd would look better with normal legs - skirt is more accurate  maybe- but i don't like it's look- however it suits for tambor- lego should make him as official too! :oh3:

#13 prateek

prateek

  • Study hard!


    Posts: 10397
    Joined: 09-July 05
    Member: 426
    Country: Canada

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:00 PM

View PostBlueBard, on Jan 7 2010, 06:42 AM, said:

Wonderful models, as usual!  :thumbup: The tactical droid is especially impressive  :classic:
I agree. That must be made of at least 5 custom parts :thumbup:

#14 The Legonater

The Legonater

  • Can NOT Ctrl + Alt + Delete the Past


    Posts: 4223
    Joined: 09-December 09
    Member: 8515
    Country: Canada.

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:36 AM

View PostThe Penguin, on Jan 7 2010, 04:58 AM, said:

Tactical droid. ) :sweet:
Tool me several hours to make. ) :classic:


Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was actually mad when i saw yopu made a tactical droid, as I'vce made one two, and planned to post it on the site, but mine's bricks in stead of a full new mold.

Memory is the Key

A Christian and not ashamed.

Posted Image
Dyric Rone, Assassin of the Light

Level 20 1/3 Assassin

Theodor Legion, 73 year old ex-Bonaparte in Cruel Angel's Thesis


#15 CommanderFox

CommanderFox

  • Can't remember his own name


    Posts: 3368
    Joined: 26-February 09
    Member: 5406
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:00 AM

Ahh! Ive been waiting for this Penguin! :cry_happy:
Gree and his troops are Lovely!
Lok Durd, is really nice! So is Wat Tambor and Nute gunray! :wub:
The Commando droids are spot on accurate! :wub:  :thumbup:
The Camouflaged B2 battle droids and the Rocket B2 battle droids are Lovely, but the Cold assault battle droids are the best! :wub:
The Tactical droid Is amazing! I don't know how you made it, but fantastic job!
Looking forward to more!

CommanderFox
My Brickshelf!. The Brick Hope.
Anime and Manga fan, feel free to discuss anything anime on my profile :)
                                          CommanderFox playing as Ollivander Dippet for Gryffindor in Harry Potter Wizards Duel!
Posted ImagePosted Image - Kiwi Bricks

#16 Bujimuji

Bujimuji

    Posts: 604
    Joined: 15-October 09
    Member: 7851
    Country: Russia.

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:13 PM

Great figures,Penguin  :thumbup: !I like the commander droid(sorry for asking,but from what kind of material,do you make him?Is it available in Russia?),thought.

#17 YG-49

YG-49

  • Missed one


    Posts: 1381
    Joined: 31-January 09
    Member: 5171

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:24 PM

View PostMantaMan, on Jan 8 2010, 09:43 PM, said:

Great figures,Penguin  :thumbup: !I like the commander droid(sorry for asking,but from what kind of material,do you make him?Is it available in Russia?),thought.
It's Green stuff, I think.
SPACE FOR RENT

I felt my old sig was too big, so it's gone.

I'll miss it.

My fantastic avatar is by Jebediahs.

#18 Delta 38

Delta 38

    Posts: 1352
    Joined: 03-January 10
    Member: 8890
    Country: Australia.

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:14 AM

The bent battle droid arm works really well with the binoculars. I like the B2 battle droid recolours.
Hi.

#19 Legio XIII

Legio XIII

    Posts: 15
    Joined: 11-September 09
    Member: 7390

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:37 PM

View PostThe Penguin, on Jan 7 2010, 10:58 AM, said:

B1 battle droid commander. )  :sweet:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Technically, an OOM series, not B1... But it's my personal fav of the bunch!!

Edited by Legio XIII, 09 January 2010 - 04:37 PM.


#20 AND3RSEN

AND3RSEN

    Posts: 126
    Joined: 06-January 09
    Member: 4919

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:58 PM

these are simply fantastic! i really like the way you put gree's hair on his head...amazing  :thumbup:

#21 commdr_neyo

commdr_neyo

    Posts: 842
    Joined: 02-January 09
    Member: 4886
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:38 PM

I can't believe I didn't comment on this part, especialy when it's SW only.
I must say all of your customs look amazing (although I've already seen some), and your Battle droid inspired me to work further on my own customized B1 and now it's finished. I will post it soon.
Your Tactical droid looks awesome too.
My Flickr

#22 insanerobo

insanerobo

    Posts: 41
    Joined: 03-August 09
    Member: 6890

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:19 PM

Those are amazing! I want to see more of your star wars customs!  :vader:
All work and no play makes Jack a very dull boy.

#23 The Penguin

The Penguin

  • Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!


    Posts: 2271
    Joined: 10-January 08
    Member: 2465
    Country: Russia

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:58 PM

View PostADHO15, on Jan 7 2010, 03:09 PM, said:

:oh:  The tactical droid is incredible! Very well done! :thumbup:
Does it stay together a bit better now?
Gunray is definitely an improvement and the bent BD arm is nice as well.
It's great seeing all your other works again, especially Gree. :sweet:

Keep up the excellent work, Penguin!

Thanks, friend! )  :classic:
Yep, it stays together much better and plus, I'm on mk 2 of him. )

View PostBlueBard, on Jan 7 2010, 03:42 PM, said:

Wonderful models, as usual!  :thumbup: The tactical droid is especially impressive  :classic:

Thanks a lot! )  :classic:

View PostMraz'Skintas, on Jan 7 2010, 03:59 PM, said:

Marvelous work, Penguin.  :thumbup: It's good to have flashback of your old figs, as they are truly wonderful. And this is only the first part, you say? I can't wait to see part two.

-'Skintas

Yep, I'll be adding more figures, just like I do in my other threads. Thanks! )  :classic:

View PostBig Cam, on Jan 7 2010, 06:01 PM, said:

Um, um, wow, I'm speechless, they are all amazing.  I was impressed with the very first clone, but then I got to the Tactical droid and damn, they is just great, it really looks like the real thing.  Your models are so accurate, you truely have a gift for customizing figs :thumbup:

Thanks a lot! )  :classic: I sure hope so. )

View PostJasbrick, on Jan 7 2010, 06:22 PM, said:

Excellent work and very accurately converted.  Well done.

I particularly like the Commando Droids and the Tactical Droid is definitely a serious piece of work.  If I may offer some advice, one thing I noticed was that the yellow on the Firefighting droids was a little translucent... if you want it to stand out more could I recommend first painting the area that will be yellow in a strong but light colour (such as GW Codex Grey).  When painting over this with the yellow it will make it much brighter.

I bet you can make some excellent MOC's based on the Clone Wars with so many of the important characters / types represented here.

Jasbrick

Yes, thanks for advice: those figs were done some time ago, so simce that time I hope I managed to improve my skills. )
Your advice, requests are always very welcome. )  :classic:
Thanks! )  :classic:

View Postbadboytje88, on Jan 7 2010, 07:36 PM, said:

Your nute gunray is the way lego should have done him! The skirt looks lovely

Thanks! )  :classic:

View Postthe Inventor, on Jan 7 2010, 07:47 PM, said:

Awesome figures The Penguin,  :thumbup:
They are all great but that tactical droid is the best of them.  :sweet:


the Inventor

Thank you very much. )  :classic:

View Postcomputerbug, on Jan 7 2010, 07:57 PM, said:

Wow penguin you never ceasen to impress me with your customizing skills I marveled at that tactical droid for quite a while nice work! :classic:

Thank you! ) I'm glad you liked those customs. )  :classic:

View Postclone killer, on Jan 7 2010, 08:23 PM, said:

I love these customs. Will you do more clone trooper's?

Thanks. I certainly hope so. )  :classic:

View PostBurman, on Jan 7 2010, 09:22 PM, said:

Again, your customs are unbeatable.
The camouflaged SPD's are the best.
Just like all your other customs they are all brilliant.
Well Don, can't wait until I see your next batch of custom minifigures.

Thanks a lot, well I hope it arrives pretty soon. )  :classic:

View PostSwash Buckler, on Jan 7 2010, 11:30 PM, said:

:thumbup: Nice work -my favs are Tambor and Clones - tactical droid is nice also -lego should make an official though- but i must say i like more of original Nute and Also Lok Durd would look better with normal legs - skirt is more accurate  maybe- but i don't like it's look- however it suits for tambor- lego should make him as official too! :oh3:

Good. Thank you! )  :classic:

View Postprateek, on Jan 8 2010, 02:00 AM, said:

I agree. That must be made of at least 5 custom parts :thumbup:

I counted three. )  :classic:

View PostThe Legonater, on Jan 8 2010, 03:36 AM, said:

I was actually mad when i saw yopu made a tactical droid, as I'vce made one two, and planned to post it on the site, but mine's bricks in stead of a full new mold.

I'm sure all members here will love to see your version as well. )  :classic:

View PostCommanderFox, on Jan 8 2010, 04:00 AM, said:

Ahh! Ive been waiting for this Penguin! :cry_happy:
Gree and his troops are Lovely!
Lok Durd, is really nice! So is Wat Tambor and Nute gunray! :wub:
The Commando droids are spot on accurate! :wub:  :thumbup:
The Camouflaged B2 battle droids and the Rocket B2 battle droids are Lovely, but the Cold assault battle droids are the best! :wub:
The Tactical droid Is amazing! I don't know how you made it, but fantastic job!
Looking forward to more!

CommanderFox

Thanks a lot! Well, stay tuned for updates in the thread. ) They may come pretty soon. )  :classic:

View PostMantaMan, on Jan 8 2010, 03:13 PM, said:

Great figures,Penguin  :thumbup: !I like the commander droid(sorry for asking,but from what kind of material,do you make him?Is it available in Russia?),thought.

Thanks, comrade! )  :classic: You shouldn't be sorry for asking. it's:

View PostYG-49, on Jan 8 2010, 03:24 PM, said:

It's Green stuff, I think.

Yep. )

View PostDelta 38, on Jan 9 2010, 06:14 AM, said:

The bent battle droid arm works really well with the binoculars. I like the B2 battle droid recolours.

Thank you very much. )  :classic:

View PostLegio XIII, on Jan 9 2010, 07:37 PM, said:

Technically, an OOM series, not B1... But it's my personal fav of the bunch!!

I guess, you're right. ADHO? )  :classic:

View PostAND3RSEN, on Jan 9 2010, 09:58 PM, said:

these are simply fantastic! i really like the way you put gree's hair on his head...amazing  :thumbup:

Thanks a lot. )  :classic:

View Postcommdr_neyo, on Jan 10 2010, 05:38 PM, said:

I can't believe I didn't comment on this part, especialy when it's SW only.
I must say all of your customs look amazing (although I've already seen some), and your Battle droid inspired me to work further on my own customized B1 and now it's finished. I will post it soon.
Your Tactical droid looks awesome too.

Eagerly waiting. Thanks a lot! )  :classic:

View Postinsanerobo, on Jan 11 2010, 01:19 AM, said:

Those are amazing! I want to see more of your star wars customs!  :vader:

Oh, you will. ) Thanks. )  :classic:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! )  :classic:

#24 ADHO15

ADHO15

  • Another day, another hat


    Posts: 3805
    Joined: 07-January 08
    Member: 2428
    Country: UK

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:59 PM

View PostThe Penguin, on Jan 11 2010, 02:58 PM, said:

I guess, you're right. ADHO? )  :classic:
:grin:

B1s were the standard and less-intelligent battle droids used by the CIS. They didn't have specific programming to a certain task like OOM droids.
OOM-series droids were the more-intelligent commanders of the battle droid armies. They were coloured specifically to their purpose, ie. yellow were commanders, blue were pilots, etc.
Calling OOMs 'B1s' isn't a big deal as they're physically identical and together are distinguished more from the B2 or Super battle droids.
Make sense? :classic:
Posted Image------------Posted Image  -  V2.0 coming soon...
Click here to support my Jedi Temple MOC (pictured) on LEGO Ideas

#25 The Crazy One

The Crazy One

    Posts: 1913
    Joined: 24-August 08
    Member: 3823
    Country: England

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:30 PM

View PostADHO15, on Jan 11 2010, 03:59 PM, said:

:grin:

B1s were the standard and less-intelligent battle droids used by the CIS. They didn't have specific programming to a certain task like OOM droids.
OOM-series droids were the more-intelligent commanders of the battle droid armies. They were coloured specifically to their purpose, ie. yellow were commanders, blue were pilots, etc.
Calling OOMs 'B1s' isn't a big deal as they're physically identical and together are distinguished more from the B2 or Super battle droids.
Make sense? :classic:



Bah, all this CW mumbo jumbo!  :laugh:  GCW is where the fun really happens. :grin:  I might actually beat you at that ADHO15.  :tongue:  


Blooming fantastic figures Pengy! Those droids are tops. :wink:

Edited by The crazy one, 11 January 2010 - 04:31 PM.




Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users