22 replies to this topic  – Started by Admiral Ron , Jan 06 2010 11:26 PM

#1 Admiral Ron

Admiral Ron
  • KABOOM!

Member: 6622

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:26 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
Here is the second floor apartment, very spartan, but with his most prized creation, the golden sword

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Here is James working the forge late into the night

Posted Image
Admiral Ron is buying his son Sam his first sword

Posted Image

Posted Image
the anvil alone, as requested :)

Edited by Slyowlius the Beatable, 06 February 2010 - 05:23 PM.

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong." Godfrey of Ibelin, Kingdom of Heaven

Ragvald Stonesplitter, Commander of the Brave Ursurpers

#2 Emperor Claudius Rome

Emperor Claudius Rome

Member: 6263

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:41 PM

This is my first community build, but I'm pretty sure you post your creation in the official thread.
REAL MEN WATCH MLP
*Edit by Hinckley: While this may be true, the Site Guidelines require text no larger than size 3 in your signature. Thank you.

Like History? If so, this is your kind of thread!

#3 Admiral Ron

Admiral Ron
  • KABOOM!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:46 PM

The main thread said do it in both, so people can comment on it here, and the main one in the entry thread, so as to not clutter the main one.
"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong." Godfrey of Ibelin, Kingdom of Heaven

#4 Bonaparte

Bonaparte
  • Christmas Moose

Member: 822

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:53 PM

View PostEmperor Claudius Rome, on Jan 7 2010, 12:41 AM, said:

This is my first community build, but I'm pretty sure you post your creation in the official thread.

View PostAdmiral Ron, on Jan 7 2010, 12:46 AM, said:

The main thread said do it in both, so people can comment on it here, and the main one in the entry thread, so as to not clutter the main one.

Indeed:

View PostRatshot, on Jan 4 2010, 09:38 PM, said:

10. Post your entries in the entry thread AND in a new thread inside the Pirate MOC forum (this one is for comments and feedback). The description of your thread should be "EB Community Build".

The entry thread is only for when your MOC is completely ready, so you can make first a thread in the MOC forum (like this one) to get feedback and improve the MOC before posting in the entry thread.

This is a very nice start of the community build Admiral! The outside of the building looks very nice and the different colors of gray reduce the gray wall effect. You do need to find a way to focus your pictures better, some are rather blurry. Joining the reviewers academy could help you because there you get training on taking sharp pictures.

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#5 Commodore Hornbricker

Commodore Hornbricker
  • Cyborg Chef Splatter

Member: 5169

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:27 AM

I like the overall design and colors you are using.  You are right about the photo quality.  It is hard to comment on the details without better pictures but the obvious ones seemed like nice and appropriate touches to your entry.
Posted Image Sail on over to the Port of Brick Royal
"I am not having him flogged for fighting, Mr. Gerard." - Horatio Hornblower

#6 Duffman

Duffman

Member: 8910

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:33 AM

Very nice!  :thumbup:  I like your anvil idea.

-Duffman
Bluecoat Scottish Highlander
Posted Image
Dues Juvat

#7 CallMePie

CallMePie
  • Magic 8 Ball

Member: 7199

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:34 AM

With the white base, it looks like something you'd find up the mountains! It's amazing what one baseplate does to a model.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Atramor Gibbin, Level 33 Regulator in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Miderun, Level 4 Barbarian in Sandy's Heroica RPG

#8 Admiral Ron

Admiral Ron
  • KABOOM!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:13 AM

Well thanks for all the comments everyone, and CallMePie, It will soon have a grey baseplate, to look more british townish. and I will take some better pictures sometime this weekend

#9 badboytje88

badboytje88
  • Bad Lick

Member: 1561

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:24 AM

I like the building and the blacksmith looks nice too, but I do agree on the white baseplate, a grey one would look so much better (or tan). But be carefull if you place this creation on a grey baseplate it wil look really GREY.... So I suggest adding some color to the moc. Small things, flowers, some animals, plants, crates, anything that isn't grey.

#10 Captain Zuloo

Captain Zuloo
  • god for 10

Member: 1816

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:08 PM

Oh dear! I can't believe entries are being posted already, and I'm not even started on my Government House! :pir-cry_sad:
Great entry so far. I'd suggest making the roof 2 studs longer with overhang of 1 stud on each end. I think that could improve it, but it is very well done. I'm also impressed by your anvil. Nice one.Posted Image

Posted Image

Brick Expo 2011 - Australia's BIGGEST LEGO Expo!
www.brickexpo.com.au

#11 Dr. Steve

Dr. Steve

Member: 3382

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:57 PM

Looks like you are off to a great start. I like the use of different shades of grey brick on the wall.

#12 Admiral Ron

Admiral Ron
  • KABOOM!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:16 PM

Ok, my second attempt is done, I hope you all enjoy it, thanks again for all the comments and help!

PS- YAY I am a citizen now!

Edited by Admiral Ron, 11 January 2010 - 11:17 PM.

#13 Captain Blackmoor

Captain Blackmoor
  • Hates Redcoats, likes crab meat

Member: 4015

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:00 AM

Congratulations!

And the blacksmith looks even better now! It really goes with the rest of the building. :thumbup:
Is there an interior on the upper floor? That is what makes buildings even more interesting in my opinion.
Perhaps a hanging sign would add a lot of detail to it. Like a hammer, or perhaps a large halberd...

Sail to My Brickshelf or to My MOCpages, or my Flickr Photostream!

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines  - Index of helpful tutorials

Avalonia Trading Company

#14 Ryan_T

Ryan_T
  • Captain Blue Hair is the best!

Member: 4368

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:12 AM

Hello! I think, maybe, adding a gray base plate with some flower boxes hanging just under the windows  :pir-wink:  You know them blacksmith's have a soft side! I'd also like to see a separate picture of the anvil please!  :pir-sweet: (You don't HAVE to, but maybe when you switch the base plate?)

Other than that, it looks pretty good!  :thumbup: (Also, Push down the bricks a little harder.)

Edited by Ryan_T, 12 January 2010 - 10:14 AM.

"However that doesn't stop them from taking their characters pants off and running around the city!"

- JTaylor

"I have one question myself Admiral, what is a spanker? it sounds like a terrible device!"
-Admiral Ron

#15 Admiral Ron

Admiral Ron
  • KABOOM!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:49 PM

View PostCaptain Blackmoor, on Jan 12 2010, 02:00 AM, said:

Congratulations!

And the blacksmith looks even better now! It really goes with the rest of the building. :thumbup:
Is there an interior on the upper floor? That is what makes buildings even more interesting in my opinion.
Perhaps a hanging sign would add a lot of detail to it. Like a hammer, or perhaps a large halberd...
There will be an interior up top, I just havent made it yet :) and I was thinking about a hanging sign, I was just trying to figure out how, but when I do i shall build it!

View PostRyan_T, on Jan 12 2010, 02:12 AM, said:

Hello! I think, maybe, adding a gray base plate with some flower boxes hanging just under the windows  :pir-wink:  You know them blacksmith's have a soft side! I'd also like to see a separate picture of the anvil please!  :pir-sweet: (You don't HAVE to, but maybe when you switch the base plate?)

Other than that, it looks pretty good!  :thumbup: (Also, Push down the bricks a little harder.)
Hm.....flower boxes....Great Idea! I will do that in my next attempt and yes I will take a separate picture of the anvil just for you   :pir-tongue:

Thanks for tips everyone!

#16 Ryan_T

Ryan_T

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:05 PM

View PostAdmiral Ron, on Jan 12 2010, 10:49 AM, said:

Hm.....flower boxes....Great Idea! I will do that in my next attempt and yes I will take a separate picture of the anvil just for you   :pir-tongue:
Thankies!  :pir-blush:

"However that doesn't stop them from taking their characters pants off and running around the city!"

- JTaylor

"I have one question myself Admiral, what is a spanker? it sounds like a terrible device!"
-Admiral Ron

#17 Zorro

Zorro
  • Farewell Dieter!

Member: 3951

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:41 PM

Yep, well done Admiral Ron :thumbup: .
Your blacksmith looks very good, especcialy his 'working space/atelier'.
Adding some vines will make it look even better indeed.

#18 Admiral Ron

Admiral Ron
  • KABOOM!

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:46 AM

Ok, my final attempt is done, after about 3 days or so i will add this to the final entry page Thanks for all the replies!

#19 Jack Bricker

Jack Bricker

Member: 8047

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:01 AM

I wood put in a wife for the blacksmith.  A girl who looks kind of tough but nice at the same time.  It would add a little more personality to your blacksmith shop.  I would also suggest putting different kinds of swords so that you have a little varience.  Other than that it looks great.  I like the vines on the side and the kid with the sword is great.    Great MOC and good luck. :pir-classic:

#20 Admiral Ron

Admiral Ron
  • KABOOM!

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:10 AM

View Postbengun, on Jan 19 2010, 11:01 PM, said:

I wood put in a wife for the blacksmith.  A girl who looks kind of tough but nice at the same time.  It would add a little more personality to your blacksmith shop.  I would also suggest putting different kinds of swords so that you have a little varience.  Other than that it looks great.  I like the vines on the side and the kid with the sword is great.    Great MOC and good luck. :pir-classic:

For the record, there are other swords, but theyre in the back of the store, and maybe I should make a wife and name her Edsel :)

#21 Big Cam

Big Cam
  • A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:31 PM

I can dig it.

The shot of the admiral in front of the fireplace is awesome.  I love that shot!!

#22 martinsuper

martinsuper
  • Black Sheep

Member: 5443

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:02 PM

Dude, bottom line is, I LOVE IT. I love the crossed sword and hammer. Right way I think, Blacksmith!

-martinsuper

#23 Ryan_T

Ryan_T

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:38 PM

View PostAdmiral Ron, on Jan 6 2010, 06:26 PM, said:

Posted Image
the anvil alone, as requested :)
Hmm, Don't look so good alone..  :pir_laugh2: Love the improvements, And the lighting in the Fireplace there, Love it!  :pir-wub:

- JTaylor

-Admiral Ron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links