For all of you who don't know what a community build is:
A community build is a building challenge open to all EB members. Basically, The staff/volunteers make a list of different buildings that would be in a town back in the late 1700's. Then, each person chooses a building that they would like to build.
To sum it up, You will be building a pirate era town out of LEGO.
This is the entry thread. Feel like participating? Sign up here!
1. The build will officially begin on January 4th and ends on the 15th of March.
2. The staff/judges reserve the right to revoke any entry that does not apply to the rules.
3. If you take a spot, tell us, (so you don't get annoyed when somebody else builds the same thing first).
4. Images no larger than 800 x 600 please, and a maximum of 7 per MOC unless you post smaller images.
5. Registration is open to any member, regardless of number of posts , etc.
6. Try to keep the violence to a minimum.
7. You must enjoy making MOCs (though this is a given) and be able to give, as well as take constructive criticism.
8. No LDD entries are allowed. All entries MUST be built with real bricks.
9. Spaces 1, 3 and 4 are 32 x 32 studs, spaces 2 and 5 are 16 x 32 studs and the others are 16 x 16 studs.
10. Registration will take place in this thread.
11. Post your entries in the entry thread AND in a new thread inside the Pirate MOC forum (this one is for comments and feedback). The description of your thread should be "EB Community Build".
(*) When taking pictures, please take at least one picture from above your MOC, so that we can try to put them all together at the end. also, please take them on a white background if possible.
- This thread is only for posting your entries, not for comments and feedback! Please make a separate thread inside the Pirates MOC forum for comments and feedback -
Don't hesitate to ask questions !!!
The Golden Rule of this Community Build: Have fun
Commonly asked questions....
Q: Am I allowed to use clone brands, such as megaBlocks, blocko, ect?
A: Not at all. This is a Lego only build.
Q: Am I allowed to use custom weapons, tools, ect. from store like Bickarms and Brickforge?
A: Yes, you can if you want too.
Q: Can I cut/modify bricks?
A: You can if you wish.
Q: Do the buildings have to be closed in or can they have open walls?
A: All buildings (Like houses, Doctors Office, Taverns must be walled in.)
Q: Which skin color minifigs will we be using, flesh or yellow?
A: We'll be using both.
Q: Are we allowed to use custom string/sail?
A: Yes you can.
Q: The base-plate, should it be completely covered with the building or could you add some empty land/beach/water/foliage/rocks?
A: You don't have to cover the whole base-plate with the building, you can cover the leftover are with trees, rocks, flowers ect.
Q: Does it matter what color the base-plate is?
A: Not t all, we don't want to restrict someones building limits with a color code.