WesternOutlaw

Mexican Army Patrol

Today I watched one of Clint Eastwood's older Spaghetti Westerns, and noticed that they pictured a few Mexican soldiers in red pants and black shirts. I recalled seeing one of the Pirate MOCs (sorry, I forgot which one and who build it), but he used the classic fireman torsos for Spanish soldiers. I thought I would do the same with traditional white pants, but after today's film, thought I might try red. Unfortunately, I forgot to add a red bandana to the lieutenant on the horse before I had photographed. In any case, one more for the Old Mexican Village, this one called Army Patrol:

armypatrol.jpg

Very nice, the soldiers look great in black. I love the blend of old and new lego elements. The new shakos work very well in making these figs stand out. :thumbup: My one complaint would be the black hips. I can't stop thinking they're wearing a superhero-type costume, with underwear over their pants. I feel red hips may work better.

Also, just to create some more variety, perhaps give the general this Dracula torso?

973px165c01.jpg

Other than that, great work, I love them.

Nice minifigs you created. The new shakos go pretty well with the old firemen torsos. TPRU's suggestion seems good too (if you have the torso of course).

Very cool and simple 'The Brickster' - I like the use of the old fire fighters torso - very good ! :sweet:

I'm a conformist! ! :grin:

Hello!

It's great to see the story goes on! :classic: If this was an official set, they would call it "Mexcian Army Battlepack" and the kids would race the stores to buy hundreds of them. :sceptic: But I think that your set name and figures are superior to those. Good addition to your theme! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

That's an awesome MOC, TheBrickster! :oh:

I really :wub: it!

It looks very realistic and like an official set! :oh:

I even like the high similarity to the official set from 1996.

Very, very well done! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

One more great expansion set from TBG (The Brickster Group.) :wink:

I really like the fact that your ideas never end TheBrickster!

If only the the the soldier/General could hold the cutlass the way we all want... :blush:

I remember when I was a kid I was trying to make my pirates hold the cutlass in a more "Vamos!" way because I was also influenced from this Greek War of Independence painting:

cebcceb1cf87ceb7-cebcceb1cebdceb9ceb1cebaceb7-cebccf80cebfcebb.jpg

Well, I finally did it the way you present it since there is no other way I think.

Anyway, well done for once more and keep bringing us new sets! :sweet:

My one complaint would be the black hips. I can't stop thinking they're wearing a superhero-type costume, with underwear over their pants. I feel red hips may work better.

Hmm, to me it makes them look more like the long military jacket/tunic with a red belt overall. It actually looks more historical than having a short jacket/tunic that is cut above the hip. :classic:

Well done Brickster, this would make a great set.

Is this the guy from the pirate forum that you were referring to? Link

smlspainarmy.jpg

biggerarmy.jpg

Edited by Ratshot

Thanks for the comments guys.

My one complaint would be the black hips. I can\'t stop thinking they\'re wearing a superhero-type costume, with underwear over their pants. I feel red hips may work better.

I originally tried using all red legs/pants, but wanted to create the look of a longer shirt/jacket.

to me it makes them look more like the long military jacket/tunic with a red belt overall. It actually looks more historical than having a short jacket/tunic that is cut above the hip.

Yes - good eye Tedbeard. That\'s exactly was I was envisioning when adding the legs with red hips.

The new shakos go pretty well with the old firemen torsos.

I love the shako having never had any from the original Pirate line.

I like the use of the old fire fighters torso

I would never have guessed that I'd be breaking out the old fire station to use these torsos for this purpose. How versatile they really are.

If this was an official set, they would call it \"Mexcian Army Battlepack\" and the kids would race the stores to buy hundreds of them.

Great idea. I wish I had more of the torsos.

I even like the high similarity to the official set from 1996.

I almost positioned in the same manner, but I was too lazy to pull out the WW set to look at the boxart.

If only the the the soldier/General could hold the cutlass the way we all want... :blush:

Got the idea from 6706 Frontier Patrol

It does work.

Is this the guy from the pirate forum that you were referring to? Link

Yes - that's it. Thanks. What an Army. :wub:

Thanks again everyone for the positive feedback. I'm pretty much done with the village now.