gusmoore17

Harry Potter 2010 discussion thread

That's interesting, I haven't gotten such an email yet. Hopefully it will come soon, since I did order three weeks ago.

That's interesting, I haven't gotten such an email yet. Hopefully it will come soon, since I did order three weeks ago.

I didn't get any email yet either. I made my order on the day they became available on lego.com... i really hope they didn't run out in the first month...

This is interesting. Have there been many other instances where a set is placed on backorder even before it is released? I haven't seen it occur before.

Because of this, it looks like TRU (with a few discounts, hopefully) or a Lego store would be the best bet for those looking for Hogwarts who did not preorder.

Sirus

330px-Scan0005.jpg

LOOKS AMAZING!

Yea, but Draco and Ron don't come with that set. Curse you for getting little kid's hopes up for the entire cast, TLC...

Yea, but Draco and Ron don't come with that set. Curse you for getting little kid's hopes up for the entire cast, TLC...

So?

Lucius and Hagrid are not included in the Castle either.

It is to represent the entire series.

Who says he's in Gryffindor? Because he's eating at the same time the other students are? Or because he's the only other house student who was made?

I'm assuming you have that particular catalogue, take a look and you'll see he's in a gray sweater with a green stripe, as opposed to a maroon stripe. So, Lego did in fact do they're do they're checking of the facts.

Edited by Legocrazy81

Who says he's in Gryffindor? Because he's eating at the same time the other students are? Or because he's the only other house student who was made?

Maybe it's becase he's wearing a Gryffindor uniform. :laugh:

Well, waiting until I had the money to order the sets bit me in the hind end. I'm feeling pretty good with being able to find Hogwarts before Lego could ship it to me on Oct 29 :sceptic:

Here's to a big shopping spree next Friday!!!

Maybe it's becase he's wearing a Gryffindor uniform. :laugh:

Bahaha, so he is. I just looked at my catalogue and sure enough, there he is! I just figured they knew, so I never looked...and vie looked through this thing 100's of times. My apologies, Nick.

EDIT: just checked the set he comes in, and he has the right one in there, that may have been why I was mistaken. I think he stole the uniform like Hermoine did in CoS so he could fit in, since his cronies aren't with him and he didn't want to feel left out.

Edited by Legocrazy81

Contacted my local ToysRUs, Walmart, and Target and they all said that the sets will be on shelves on Oct. 1st!

I also need to see some reviews of the train and Hagrid's Hut before I make my decision

Edited by 10or

Lets hope these sets hit Australia soon (and that they dont cost a fortune when they do hit). I dont build Castle or Harry Potter but the figs contain a lot of generic torsos that are useful (jumpers, jackets etc) and the larger building sets (Burrows, Hagrids, Hogwats) contain lots of parts that are great for architectural detailing and things (maybe I can take all my Tan and turn it into a nice modular Moc of some sort like a bank)

Does anyone have any good close-up pics of the figs from any of the sets other than the Castle (close up pics for that are in one of the reviews) or any of the new parts frmo the other sets (like the Mushrooms etc)

An inventory (or pictures of the parts list page) for the Hogwarts Express and Hagrids Hut would also help me make decisions on what to buy :)

Does anyone have any good close-up pics of the figs from any of the sets other than the Castle (close up pics for that are in one of the reviews) or any of the new parts frmo the other sets (like the Mushrooms etc)

Aren't the zoom feature on Lego.com and the old ToyFair pics enough for you? :look:

Hi, I looked but did not find any mention of the HP magnets and key chains. Apologies if already posted previously. In case this is news, I got some HP magnets & keychains today:

keychains-n-magnets.jpg

Magnets and keychains :oh:! Yes, Snape and Dumbeldore, two of the figs I wanted from Hogwarts in a magnet. I might want one of these just for those two.

Thanks for the picture! I'm disappointed that there is no magnet set with Ron it. He's the fig I'd want most in such a cheap set. Oh well, maybe there will still be one later on. The ones we did get are good though. If I don't get the castle, I'll probably get these.

@ Baylego: You do realize Snape and Dumbledore are in separate magnet sets, right?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Do you think we'll ever see any OOTP sets/minifigs? I prefer the darker (almost black?) uniform that the kids are sporting and Harry with a cardigan variant.

Do you think we'll ever see any OOTP sets/minifigs? I prefer the darker (almost black?) uniform that the kids are sporting and Harry with a cardigan variant.

I feel like even if we did see OOtP-centered sets, we would see the same uniform design.

I'm anxious to get my hands on the new sets! :sing:

Has this been posted yet? It's a nice PDF Harry Potter minifig poster from Amazon featuring all of the figs from the current line with very few errors (Dobby's arms, Filch's hair, etc.) :thumbup:

hp_poster.jpg

Edited by ADHO15

Has this been posted yet? It's a nice PDF Harry Potter minifig poster from Amazon featuring all of the figs from the current line with very few errors (Dobby's arms, Filch's hair, etc.) :thumbup:

Snape looks like he's waving at someone behind me.

Thanks for the picture! I'm disappointed that there is no magnet set with Ron it. He's the fig I'd want most in such a cheap set. Oh well, maybe there will still be one later on. The ones we did get are good though. If I don't get the castle, I'll probably get these.

@ Baylego: You do realize Snape and Dumbledore are in separate magnet sets, right?

Yea, I know, but I am still excited. Can't wait for the sets to come out! I figure that TRU will have them out at least a few days early.

Hi, I looked but did not find any mention of the HP magnets and key chains. Apologies if already posted previously. In case this is news, I got some HP magnets & keychains today:

keychains-n-magnets.jpg

So there is a cheap way for getting Slytherin uniforms :classic:

Edited by It All Ends Here