Jump to content


WIP MOC: Hangar


6 replies to this topic

#1 Dennimator

Dennimator

  • Not so bright... light yellow


    Posts: 1460
    Joined: 12-July 08
    Member: 3510
    Country: Sweden

Posted 27 December 2009 - 03:21 PM

Posted Image

Recently I got 1000 Dark Bluish Gray 1 x 2 bricks as a gift from a friend ( :wub: ). I thought a while on what BrickVille needed; and after browsing EB a bit I decided to build a hangar.
I wanted a SW-style one, so I thought of dimensions etc. At first I wanted it to be the size of one 48 x 48 big gray baseplate, but as I began to build it, I realised that I needed a control room etc as well, so I doubled the size. However, 1000 1x2 bricks aren´t enough for a layout that big, so I´ll have to buy another 1500 or so bricks.

Here are some pics of my progress so far:

09-12-27

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
(Sorry for the bad pic, I´m using my friends camera and I´m not really used to it yet. :sceptic: )

The stained glass window:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It also features 2 working slide doors (again, sorry for the bad pics):

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am puzzled about how to tile the floor, though. I want it to look good, but still not be too expensive to order from BL. Any ideas?

Comments, constructive criticism, tips or ideas warmly welcome. :classic:

Edited by KimT, 26 July 2010 - 10:28 PM.


#2 Forresto

Forresto

  • Soccor Star


    Posts: 1204
    Joined: 30-July 09
    Member: 6841
    Country: USA

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:09 PM

It's a pretty awesome idea! I like the control panel thing although it looks a bit like stained glass :laugh: . Overall it looks really nice and I can't wait to see how it progresses.


"Be good or don't get caught." I tell my cats this every day - they never listen"
Link to my Flickr
Link to my 'Doctor Who' mocs

Posted Image  Thanks Joey!


#3 Dennimator

Dennimator

  • Not so bright... light yellow


    Posts: 1460
    Joined: 12-July 08
    Member: 3510
    Country: Sweden

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:29 PM

View PostForresto, on Dec 27 2009, 06:09 PM, said:

It's a pretty awesome idea! I like the control panel thing although it looks a bit like stained glass :laugh: . Overall it looks really nice and I can't wait to see how it progresses.
Thanks. Actually, that´s no control panel. It is stained glass. :grin:  :laugh:

#4 Jammiedodger

Jammiedodger

  • Halfway through Englishman


    Posts: 2302
    Joined: 02-September 08
    Member: 3865
    Country: England

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:45 PM

View PostDennimator, on Dec 27 2009, 05:29 PM, said:

Thanks. Actually, that´s no control panel. It is stained glass. :grin:  :laugh:

:laugh:

Nice start, Dennimator. Instead of buying another huge amount of bricks, I would use plates on a technic structure. Ofcourse, if you can get the bricks cheaply, get them. As for the floor, I would leave it how it is and add a grill by the walls every other four or x many studs. Another bit of advice would be to not have as many sliding doors, therefore saving bricks for elsewhere as you would then not need two walls for support. :thumbup:

I take it this will be a Rebel Hanger, right? What other rooms would you put in?

#5 Dennimator

Dennimator

  • Not so bright... light yellow


    Posts: 1460
    Joined: 12-July 08
    Member: 3510
    Country: Sweden

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:57 PM

View PostJammiedodger714, on Dec 27 2009, 06:45 PM, said:

:laugh:

Nice start, Dennimator. Instead of buying another huge amount of bricks, I would use plates on a technic structure. Ofcourse, if you can get the bricks cheaply, get them. As for the floor, I would leave it how it is and add a grill by the walls every other four or x many studs. Another bit of advice would be to not have as many sliding doors, therefore saving bricks for elsewhere as you would then not need two walls for support. :thumbup:

I take it this will be a Rebel Hanger, right? What other rooms would you put in?
Thanks. :classic:  
I hope that I can get a load of bricks cheap, as I seem to be constantly low on plates... :sceptic:

Yeah, it´s a Rebel hangar. Actually I won´t put many other rooms in it, other than a service bay (is that the right name?). My idea is a big "main hangar" with some ships in it.

#6 KimT

KimT

  • Retired Backdoor Sneaky Sith


    Posts: 14078
    Joined: 11-November 04
    Member: 101
    Country: Denmark

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:16 PM

Looking good Dennis :thumbup:
May I suggest that you raise the floor one brick?
That would allow you to lower certain areas of the MOC.
You could for example have the sliding doors slide in the floor as well.
Also I am a great fan of "tiled" MOCs :wub: and you might consider doing that - if you've got the tiles (and money) for it :wink:
The window is neat, but I find it a little off in a Star Wars related MOC, sorry :blush:
Keep it up and keep us updated with your progress.
When in doubt on how to do things - Check the Tutorial Index
Star Wars Forum Pool on flickr

"Onwards Men! Victory IS at hand" - Famous last words
"How can this possibly go wrong?" -Also Famous last words


Posted Image


#7 Dennimator

Dennimator

  • Not so bright... light yellow


    Posts: 1460
    Joined: 12-July 08
    Member: 3510
    Country: Sweden

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:30 AM

View PostKimT, on Dec 27 2009, 09:16 PM, said:

Looking good Dennis :thumbup:
May I suggest that you raise the floor one brick?
That would allow you to lower certain areas of the MOC.
You could for example have the sliding doors slide in the floor as well.
Also I am a great fan of "tiled" MOCs :wub: and you might consider doing that - if you've got the tiles (and money) for it :wink:
The window is neat, but I find it a little off in a Star Wars related MOC, sorry :blush:
Keep it up and keep us updated with your progress.
Thanks. :classic:
Okay, you´ve convinced me. I´ll raise the floor. :grin:  If I tile it, I can even use any colour which I have too much of... maybe even megabloks? :devil:
I really want a stained glass window in there. I dunno why, I just want it. :blush:
Because of that, I have changed it. Is it enough Star Wars-y now? :grin:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users