• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tereglith

Tereglith

• My toothbrush plays the SW theme.

Member: 7783

Posted 24 December 2009 - 12:42 AM

A day of joy, that we can celebrate joyously!"-The Star Wars Holiday Special

Every Life Day, Han and Chewie decorate the outside of the Falcon, adding antennae and a red nose, to imitate Rudulcca the red-nosed Can-cell, a figure from Life Day legend.

Posted Image

The real Life Day spirit, however, was inside. Every part of the ship had Life Day decorations of some kind.

Posted Image

This year, C-3PO volunteered to make the traditional Life Day Feast. Luckily, it's not too difficult, as traditional Wookie dishes are usually raw.

Posted Image

Han has a cargo of wreaths and strange little toys that he's bringing to spread Life Day cheer at the rebel base when they arrive. Even the normally drab engineering corridor is spruced up by a spruce!

Posted Image

But the real action is in the main hold. Luke, who's just flown up from Dagobah, and Leia are warming their hands by the fireplace (remember the chimney from the first picture?). Han, still in his groovy purple jammies, is playing Yoda at a board game, while Chewie gets his presents for the rest of the group out from where he hid them - the smuggling compartment. Underneath the Life Day tree, you can see Han and Chewie's presents to each other, different sized Gauss wrenches (the huge one is for Chewie)

Posted Image

And that's my entry! Larger pictures, as well as the un-xmasified but still modified Falcon can be seen in my flickr photostream.

Note to KimT and any associated contest-running minions: If the modifications that I did to the set before xmasifying it break the rules, then I don't mind being booted from the contest. Just inform me whether it can stay of if it goes.

Check out my 10188-Death-Star-Scale ships!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 CommanderFox

CommanderFox

• Can't remember his own name

Member: 5406

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:55 AM

A very nice entry Tereglith. :thumbup:
The interrior, looks very nice, just how I'd picture it being if it where shot in the movies. :thumbup:
The outside is very nice. :sweet:
Well done and good luck!

CommanderFox
My Brickshelf!. The Brick Hope.
Anime and Manga fan, feel free to discuss anything anime on my profile :)
                                          CommanderFox playing as Ollivander Dippet for Gryffindor in Harry Potter Wizards Duel!
Posted ImagePosted Image - Kiwi Bricks

#3 JimBee

JimBee

• Bubbler

Member: 2436

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:16 PM

Nice mod, Tereglith. I like all of the details you added to the inside, but maybe you should add some more Xmas colors to the exterior so it's more noticeable in the voting thread? Interesting idea with the bare trees, though.

Good luck.  :classic:

Posted ImagePosted Image
Currently playing Hybros, 53-year-old male imp Chi Monk in the Heroica RPG

Currently playing Jerry Bergeron in Red Menace Mafia
Stats | Bio

#4 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:22 PM

Very nice, very Life Day, nice to see Yoda make an appearence to wish everyone well. :yoda:
Great work, 'Tereglith' !  :grin:
Happy Holidays to you and everyone else ! :sweet:

#5 Tereglith

Tereglith

• My toothbrush plays the SW theme.

Member: 7783

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:47 PM

View PostJimButcher, on Dec 25 2009, 04:16 PM, said:

Nice mod, Tereglith. I like all of the details you added to the inside, but maybe you should add some more Xmas colors to the exterior so it's more noticeable in the voting thread? Interesting idea with the bare trees, though.

Good luck.  :classic:

I'm going to be re-doing the pictures to add the snowtrooper component that was in the original set, so maybe I'll add some more color while I'm doing that.

If you had read the description at all (and clicked on the link), you would know that they are not bare trees but antlers. Since SW tried to put Earth into space, I wanted to put some Earthling christmas decorations into space. Cars with decorations like these are all over the place this time of year, at least where I live.

Check out my 10188-Death-Star-Scale ships!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 KimT

KimT

• Retired Backdoor Sneaky Sith

Member: 101

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

Entry accepted.
Good luck when the voting starts!
When in doubt on how to do things - Check the Tutorial Index
Star Wars Forum Pool on flickr

"Onwards Men! Victory IS at hand" - Famous last words
"How can this possibly go wrong?" -Also Famous last words