All posting from here on out, should be done by active players only. Any non-players who want to comment or players who want to make out-of-character (OOC) posts, please do so in the discussion thread. Thank you.
Journey to Devil's Island
20 tourists are greeted by Hector, the tour bus driver. He will drive them to the ferry, which will take them to Devil's Island, and then the bus will continue to the ancient temple ruins of Phasma Diabolus. The group is only waiting on their tour guide Johnson Willoughy, who appears to be running late.
What's up Dudes and Ladies? Ready for a totally rad trip? I am. This should be way trippy. I got my camera and I'm ready for an exciting trip. Sorry that your tour guide is late. He should be here soon. In the mean time, please start lining up with your luggage so our security guard can do a security check. Like, thanks, dudes!
Rules for Game play (borrowed mostly from Dragonator's Mystery Manor)
- There are to be 21 participants. If you commit to the game you are committing to contributing to the story and sticking with it to the end. I am trusting you all not to drop out halfway through, as that is never any fun.
- The winner will be announced at the end of the game. Players will be scored along the way on certain criteria and completion of objectives. This will not be clear until the end. Ask questions for clarity along the way, but don't be surprised if the answers are cryptic. Of course, to win, you must survive…
- Attempts to solve the mystery or objectives can be postulated in the game itself. The truth will be revealed at the end. If someone solves the mystery before then, the mystery will play out and that player will be given points for solving it.
- Throwing out constant solutions will only get you killed. If an objective is to find out who stole something and you end up posting a guess of every other player, your latest post will be taken as your solution and you will be killed anyway, so just don't do it.
- You must search for clues. This means that an action must be specified. For example, you wish to search a room for hidden objects. The following is an example of how not to go about this:
"I wish to look for suspicious or hidden objects in this room".
Instead, you must be able to specify what you want to do. For example:
"I would like to open the drawers of the cabinet."
It is not required for you to specify exactly what you are doing and what you are looking for, but a generalised statement will not find you anything. Act like a detective and you will be fine.
- Dynamic Actions: Actions you wish to carry out without all of the other players' knowledge can be PMed to the game host, Hinckley. You may or may not be allowed to do what you request.
- Attacking: I have setup a system for attacking and defending that is needlessly complicated and I won't try to involve you all in the specifics. At a certain point, you may want to attack another player. PM me your attack and I will answer if it is plausible or not. Some characters just would not attack another player, based on their character description. Some characters are stronger than other when it comes to defense and counter-attack. So think before you attack.
- Life points: I am using TheBrickster's life points system, however I will not bother you all with the details. Just be careful and do your best to live.
- Host response time: Please be patient. You may bring the story to a point where you need the host to further game play. I will be on top of this game as much as possible. Please be patient with me between chapters as well.
- The game host is always right. Please don't question the rules or the info you are given. Take the info I give you and work with it. If you're terribly confused, please say so or ask questions. But, if I don't give you any further info, please be patient with the info you are given and try to work with what you have.
- Stagnant game: If you find yourself trapped in a room, it is because you need to find a clue or you've missed something. Don’t argue with the game host. You’ll be there until everything that needs to be discovered has been discovered.
- This game is meant to be fun, so enjoy yourselves!
- Please try to avoid editing your posts, as it can lead to suspicion against you. Just consider what you want to say before you say it or even proofread and you'll be fine.
- Failure to follow these rules will result in a warning. A second failure will result in the humorous death of your character.
Cast of characters:
Pleas note: more character info will come to some players from the host before each chapter starts.
Sylvia Berent played by Svelte
Chris Owen played by The Crazy One
Siegourney played by Siegfried
Stanton and Richard Sexton played by Stash2Sixx and Ricecracker
Donna and William Falcon played by Dannylonglegs and WhiteFang, along with DJ and Diesel Nolan played by DJForce and Dragonator
Jack Baxter played by Jim Butcher
Penny Maltese and Zachary Fortem played by Peppermint_M and Zepher
Quentin Mantino played by Quarryman
Sandy Sanders and Sheldon Wills played by Snake...SNAKE?...SNAKE!!!!!?? and Shadows
Samantha Cole played by I Scream Clone
Tony and Ingrid Peck played by TinyPiesRUs and iamded
Fred Thomas played by fallentomato
Diana played by Sir Dillon
Tour Guide Johnson Willoughby played by TheBrickster
1. Zapper Brick
3. Bob the Construction Man
10. Ben Kenobi