General Magma

[MOC] Imperial Probe Droid

Hello all!

I wanted to show my newest MOC, the Imperial Probe Droid!

As usual my pics are blurry, sorry about that but please excuse me for it. :sad:

I photographied most of it with snow visible around it. I couldn't take my webcam outside (I know I know, I'm trying to get a REAL camera but that'll take a while) so I shoveled snow onto a baseplate and took it inside, so there still could be snow. :classic:

So here it is:

185415.jpg

190448.jpg

190328.jpg

It has five arms; four are long ones, one of them is short. (I think it's supposed to be like that too)

zprobe.jpg

The piece in the middle is this one.

More pics in this BS folder when public.

Enjoy! :classic:

~General Magma

Edited by General Magma

Nice Probe Droid! I think Lego should make one similar to this.

Oftopic: Yeah, finaly the dutchmen have snow too!

Edited by commdr_neyo

niiice probe droid, first step for your echo base??

Yep. :classic:

It starts with this Probe Droid, then I collect many Hoth sets (battlepacks and such, also the ones coming out next year in the second wave)

Then I slowly make some more figures and stuff for it, then I need many pieces to build the Echo Base, I will add surroundings such as the turrets, the trench, and details outside. I am hoping to buy an AT-AT sometime soon. Then I maybe need an AT-ST and a Millenium Falcon. (I don't have any Millenium Falcon, and I don't want the midi one which is too small... maybe I'll have to make one myself if possible)

I'm going to include many LED lights aswell, I hope it will atleast turn out like I expect it to be. It's not gonna be a giant like this at all, I will try to make it at a good size that's not too small, not too big.

Can't wait to build it. :classic:

~General Magma

It starts with this Probe Droid, then I collect many Hoth sets (battlepacks and such, also the ones coming out next year in the second wave)

Then I slowly make some more figures and stuff for it, then I need many pieces to build the Echo Base, I will add surroundings such as the turrets, the trench, and details outside.

~General Magma

Funny, that's my plan too. I'm also planning to buy the 4504 Falcon, and maybe a X-Wing.

Funny, that's my plan too. I'm also planning to buy the 4504 Falcon, and maybe a X-Wing.

I need an X-Wing too, but I'm going to need the newest version from 2006, hope it will still be available then.

I hope I can get as many white pieces as possible. I will also make the corridors, and far away from it I will add a Wampa cave.

~General Magma

For starters, you might want to buy 7666 Hoth Rebel Base if you don't own that set. That set has a few Rebels, some Snowtroopers, a turret, the entrance to the base, an imperial probe droid similar to yours and a Snowspeeder with Luke Skywalker and Dack Ralter. A couple 7749 Echo Base sets will help to get a few more figs and a load of white bricks to create trenches and some TaunTauns (and some extra Han Solo figs :sceptic: ).

If you need more Snowspeeders, check sets such as 7130 (they old grey one) or 4500 (the white one) with sonar radar equipment and an extra Hoth Rebel fig with different snow goggles included. I think the 7130 Snowspeeder has the best design.

VERY GOOOOOOOOOD ! (Max - Cats Don't Dance) :laugh:

Longer arms at the bottom makes it the probe droid for sure, very cool looking (might knock one up myself, looks a little better than the one that came in 7666 - arms too short !). :grin:

snomote-probe-droid.jpg

This is from ESB I believe, you can see how long they are.

Keep up the cool work, 'General Magma'. :sweet:

cool probe droid :thumbup:. It proportions seem to be pretty good and true to the films. However after a second look im not so sure that the antenna should be on there. On the actual on it is very short.

Hard to really tell how you've done it with those blurry pics.

sw171.jpg

Here's the official from 7666 Hoth Base.

Hard to really tell how you've done it with those blurry pics.

*snip*

Here's the official from 7666 Hoth Base.

Maybe this helps (I don't know, can't take much better pics :sad: ):

zprobe.jpg

The piece in the middle is this one.

(just took the pic with a lamp at late night)

@Roncanator: Thanks, and yes the antenna looks a little too big but I didn't know how to do it otherwise, but I'll see if I can fix it sometime soon.

~General Magma

Edited by General Magma

Yeah, thanks :laugh:

But you still need a digital camera desperately.

Oh wow !!!

i didnt realise how dodgy the offical Probe droid looked O.o doesnt even have enough legs !

It looks really good General Magma ! might have to make one like this for myself :thumbup:

A nice Probe droid General Magma :thumbup:

As others have said a digital camera would be very helpfull. :wink:

Then I slowly make some more figures and stuff for it, then I need many pieces to build the Echo Base, I will add surroundings such as the turrets, the trench, and details outside. I am hoping to buy an AT-AT sometime soon. Then I maybe need an AT-ST and a Millenium Falcon. (I don't have any Millenium Falcon, and I don't want the midi one which is too small... maybe I'll have to make one myself if possible)

I'm going to include many LED lights aswell, I hope it will atleast turn out like I expect it to be. It's not gonna be a giant like this at all, I will try to make it at a good size that's not too small, not too big.

Can't wait to build it. :classic:

Thats what Im planning on doing aswell. :laugh:

Though mine won't be that big or grand. :sad:

oh well it'll be cool all the same. :sweet:

I need an X-Wing too, but I'm going to need the newest version from 2006, hope it will still be available then.

I hope I can get as many white pieces as possible. I will also make the corridors, and far away from it I will add a Wampa cave.

I have it already. :grin: One step ahead of you. :grin::laugh:

Nice job with the probe!

CommanderFox

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

I do really appreciate it! :classic:

@CommanderFox: Just wait and I'll be two steps ahead of you, if not three! :grin:

~General Magma

@CommanderFox: Just wait and I'll be two steps ahead of you, if not three! :grin:

:laugh: The race is on! :grin:

Nice job with the probe droid! :thumbup:

CommanderFox

This is pretty good!

If you want to takecleare pictures use a tripod or somthing to support whatever your using. Then get a flashlight or lamp and shine it directly over the area. Then take your picture.

Hope that helped.