The Christening of the HMAS High Ground (MOC)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic  – Started by Tereglith , Dec 13 2009 04:58 AM

#1 Tereglith

Tereglith
  • My toothbrush plays the SW theme.

Member: 7783

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:58 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
(Note that the governor is holding a bottle of wine that he was going to use to christen the High Ground. I was rather proud of that touch)

Posted Image

Posted Image
This fellow was tasked with turning on the steam engine. Needless to say, he didn't let go of the wheel soon enough.

Posted Image

This seemed to me much more pirate than steampunk, but then again I could be wrong. It just seemed to belong here more. C&C welcome, although mainly comments because the thing's already starting to fall apart and I doubt I'll be able to change it much.

Check out my 10188-Death-Star-Scale ships!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Lord Derfel Cadarn

Lord Derfel Cadarn
  • Lives in a pumpkin eat pumpkin world.

Member: 5528

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:32 AM

Thats a really cool moc you have there, i do like the flying ship, very neat. Is this one of the redcoat's secret weapons? :pir_laugh2:
Posted Image     Posted Image                                                                          
                                    Lord Of The Dark Isle                 
                                                      My Flickr

#3 Captain Blackmoor

Captain Blackmoor
  • Hates Redcoats, likes crab meat

Member: 4015

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:30 PM

If it was their new weapon, I'd like to see what happens if you shoot 1 bullet through the balloon. :pir_laugh2:

I like this creation, the balloon/boat is quite nice. I also like all the action. :thumbup:
Nice job!

Sail to My Brickshelf or to My MOCpages, or my Flickr Photostream!

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines  - Index of helpful tutorials

Avalonia Trading Company

#4 Tereglith

Tereglith
  • My toothbrush plays the SW theme.

Member: 7783

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:41 PM

View PostDerfel Cardarn, on Dec 13 2009, 06:32 AM, said:

Thats a really cool moc you have there, i do like the flying ship, very neat. Is this one of the redcoat's secret weapons? :pir_laugh2:

View PostCaptain Blackmoor, on Dec 14 2009, 08:30 AM, said:

If it was their new weapon, I'd like to see what happens if you shoot 1 bullet through the balloon. :pir_laugh2:

I like this creation, the balloon/boat is quite nice. I also like all the action. :thumbup:
Nice job!

I thank you both for your kind compliments. The High Ground was going to be a weapon of the redcoat fleet, but not really a secret one. It's hard to keep even a 12-foot flying boat secret when you float it out abover you enemies and start shooting them from it.

As for your concerns and/or hopes about shooting 1 bullet through it, it's designed to fly well above the range of a musket shot straight up. To get that sort of height you'd have to bring a cannon out on deck and shoot straight up, and even then you might miss, and you would certainly have a hole in your deck from the recoil. The redcoats thought this all out, you see.

Check out my 10188-Death-Star-Scale ships!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links