Sign in to follow this  
Infomaniac

Tower In Turkey

indexed.gif

4175746022_4650d48719.jpg

A fortified watch tower in the middle east. This section of town has been taken over by the crusaders on their holy quest to retake Jerusalem. The wooden structure has slits to allow archers to fire bows through at the enemy.

4174985055_cd64c317f3.jpg

The market behind the tower, showing a slice of daily life. The man is bringing his sheep to sell at the market, while the woman butchers up another helpless pheasant.

4175746372_6297580e48.jpg

The soldiers inside of the watch tower.

4175747072_fd9a1a5589.jpg

A knight returning from some spying on the enemy

Images are deeplinks

Comments Welcome

-Infomaniac-

Fantastic MOC! I really like this one, the colour scheme and general theme is really good. I might suggest making all the brown plates used for the roof the same shade, but this is a minor nitpick. The detail on the inside wall with the market is very well done, and great use of the sports plate pieces as outside walls - an ingenious design. :thumbup:

That is one lovely Moc :wub:

The colours are great, and it gets a feeling to be down south-east somewhere.

The details on both sides of the wall is very good. You can really feel the life of that old times there.

Good luck in the competition!

That is very nice Infomaniac! I love it. Amazing details, especially the street behind the wall is very realistic.

I think the tower is a bit narrow, it looks very fragile.

But still, an amazing MOC. Good luck in the contest! :sweet:

Nice MOC but you have fallen into certain historical and geographic mistakes.

-Turkey is not in Middle East, it's in Anatolia.

-Turkish people were not involved in the Middle East during crusades, they were fighting in Anatolia.

-The term Turkey, wasn't used until the end of 19th Century.

Great colours and design - wonderful MOC, 'Informanic'. :thumbup::classic:

If you like this then you like POP when it comes out, very simular colours and may be if my memory serves me correct style of the walls.

Great work again !!! :grin:

Really nice MOC. I like like the design and the little market inside the walls. The plates used to create the arrow slits is really ingenious. It would have been even better if you could hide the part of the plate next to the slit, so that you could add more detail to the wall (instead of being absolutely straight and in one color) and hide the 'sports' logo.

Regardless of the facts, this MOC looks great! It reminds me so much of Assasins Creed, I really like it. THe cobblestone road or pebbles is a reallly nice touch.

I wanted to point some facts as cagri did, but he was quicker!

Beside that, MOCis really nice, especially the color and the simplicity of the scene, but yet it has many details!

My favorite part is woman in butcher "shop".

What a nice MOC. I like the colors. You just don't see them often in the castle world but it makes perfect sense in your Turkish setting. The best part are all the neat details and spaces you created like the well and the little stand...poor parrot! You even have some aftermarket sheep! Great job and good luck with it! :thumbup: