Hello !

Here are pictures of my latest MOC :

Tide Mill

4174492606_026714cda4_o.jpg

4174492562_1c74b7f50c_o.jpg

4174492674_c5cca7124a_o.jpg

4173735139_65589449e1.jpg

(Pics are links :wink: )

The tide mill is a medieval invention. It's a water mill build on sea shore. It's works with the effect of the tidal energy.

As the tide comes in, it enters the mill pond through a one way gate, and this gate closes automatically when the tide begins to fall. When the tide is low enough, the stored water can be released to turn a water wheel.

You can find the whole set of pics here !

Thanks for watching ! :)

Great work, and a brilliant idea on the actual wheel for the mill. I really like the roofing part that hangs down the side of the roof, like the shingles, but I wish the top of the roof was SNOT, but I know how hard it is to come across tons of tiles.

I'm seeing more and more people dissasemble the legs on fis to get that desired position and this has to be the best use of it so far.

The cylinder building looks great too(I'm having a brainfart, I can't think of what they are called).

Overall very nice!

Great MOC, I like that you have used treasure chest lits for the water wheel.

And those blue chairs to simulate waves are also a nice detail.

Well done. :thumbup:

the Inventor

Hello!

There are a lot of wonderful things to comment on. :classic: As already mentioned the treasure box tops are a unique use of parts here. What also amazes me is the position of the minifigure next to the wheel. To remove on leg and put it in front does the job perfectly for that typical position. :classic: And finally all those little creatures are simply :sweet: adorable!

Cheers,

~ Christopher

AWESOME !!!! :laugh:

Great work '74louloute' ! :sweet:

Water wheel fanastic and the overall construction looks true to the era (the odd pattern stonework - great). :sweet:

The birdlife makes this MOC the AWESOME bit - you are a genius ! :grin:

'Please Sir, I want more' Oliver, Oliver Twist.

I've got to say, of all the things I love about this MOC, my favorite part is that you used Dooku's torso for a woman.

I love the overall design, and the shape of the base is really cool! :thumbup:

Very nice job!

I like the snot water, birds in the water, roof, and of course...the water wheel, actually I like the whole scene!

It looks just like good looking bikes...dynamic even if they stand still!

Great work 74! The swans and ducks look great, the paddle wheel is a great design, that I may have to try, and the crane on the side of the building is nicely done too. My only gripes are that your SNOT bases seem to fit quite loosely together, and it looks like you are in need of some more black corner roof tiles but otherwise this is fantastic. Good luck as I assume it is for CCVI

I wish the top of the roof was SNOT, but I know how hard it is to come across tons of tiles.

I know that, but all my brown tiles are used in my PTV Entry ! :grin:

Great MOC, I like that you have used treasure chest lits for the water wheel.

And those blue chairs to simulate waves are also a nice detail.

Cool. I really like your water wheel.

Thanks to both of you ! The original idea to use chest for water wheel is not from me, but I can't find the MOC where I saw that for the first time...

And finally all those little creatures are simply :sweet: adorable!
The birdlife makes this MOC the AWESOME bit

That's funny beacause it's a last minute detail ! I was ready to take picture, when I started building some birds ! :wink:

I've got to say, of all the things I love about this MOC, my favorite part is that you used Dooku's torso for a woman.

:grin: This combinaison works very well in my opinion !

It looks just like good looking bikes...dynamic even if they stand still!

Thanks for that !

My only gripes are that your SNOT bases seem to fit quite loosely together, and it looks like you are in need of some more black corner roof tiles but otherwise this is fantastic. Good luck as I assume it is for CCVI

Yes the SNOT base is not very strong. And yes I don't have any roof cornered bricks ! :grin: I can't find a better way to make that roof, but for sure I have to invest in some more of them !!

Thanks for the encouragements !