Pugsly

Review:7595 Army Men on Patrol

7595 Army Men on Patrol; Toy Story; 2010; 90 pieces; $9.99 USD

Of the Toy Story sets, this one seems to be the one most wanted and talked about.

I was able to get one of these it seems before most. I got mine at retail at the Schaumburg, IL Lego Discovery Center lon December 8, 2009. Funny as the Lego store 2 blocks away did not have them yet. ( I guess I'm lucky as i live within 10 miles of 2 Lego stores and 30 miles of 4!)

4172613030_5f109dff54_b.jpg

4173542860_7c5a1002d5_b.jpg

4172757390_94983e3e11_b.jpg

The 4 minifigs that come with the set. 1 comes with the medic helmet and 3 have plain.

4172003009_43c832be2c_b.jpg

4173568986_89122044d8_b.jpg

4172758796_43ea563cd2_b.jpg

4172758994_399f95abb0_b.jpg

4172003175_ce35845d63_b.jpg

4172812407_1616604963_b.jpg

4173627776_eca7b754fc_b.jpg

4172759952_750fcbcc03_b.jpg

The top and bottom side of the mini-fig baseplates.

4172812581_993486292b_b.jpg

Jeep, but missing the final 2x2 green plate on the rear, shows up in later pictures though :(

4172757940_b1ef36a580_b.jpg

4172002411_4d6b06d34c_b.jpg

4172759184_9112831a1d_b.jpg

4172757766_d94592cd79_b.jpg

4172004921_f94f170af4_b.jpg

4172004147_a53c2f96af_b.jpg

This is THE SET to get from the Toy Story set. It for sure will be a winner in the lineup! For $9.99 USD these won't be on the selves for long. I am without a doubt going to pick up a few more of these, they are really cool and a bargain. I can see lego putting them in a 3 pack magnet set and selling them for $14.99. It is a must for every collector. These will go into any display just fine, Many people will be using various pieces for MOC's!!!! There is not to much to say about this set because it is so small. 4 mini-figs, a Jeep, and a few accessories and that's it. Yet somehow this set seems more playable than sets cost 10x as much!!!! If you see this set, get it!!!!

Edited by Pugsly

I love those new minifig stand pieces - they will make great lilypads! :wub:

Thanks for another exclusive review, Pugsly!

I think this is *the* must-have from the Toy Story line :thumbup:

So judging from the box cover, the minesweeper ain't too good at his job. Is that a part of the Toy Story story, or is that just so the medic has someone to heal?

It's so freaky seeing a set with so little colour variety! :tongue: I hope those fig-stands will become common. I'll be buying this for sure!

Thanks for the great review! :sweet:

lol I think you might be right chumb heehee. I agree Pugsly this set is going to be a huge seller! I want a couple boxes myself. I know a ton of the Lego WW2 people are going to be buying these up like crazy!

It's so freaky seeing a set with so little colour variety! :tongue: I hope those fig-stands will become common. I'll be buying this for sure!

Oh, there's plenty of variety! Just compare the green tiles to everything else. Lots of shade and light!

I know what you mean though :wink: It's like some mod 'concept' of a LEGO set, rather than an actual one :tongue:

So judging from the box cover, the minesweeper ain't too good at his job. Is that a part of the Toy Story story, or is that just so the medic has someone to heal?

I know one of the soldiers gets stepped on and broken in the first movie, but I don't recall if he was a minesweeper guy or not...

Thanks for the review! I hope someone puts together a "new parts / new color" list for this set -- I wonder how many of these pieces have never been made in green before! :laugh:

Thanks for the review on this set. Variety of Soldiers --> Green soldiers. :thumbup:

Definitely a must get set!

Edited by Cavey

Great review man! :D

looking forward to this set as well... :D

nice set with lots of minifigs and the accessories as well.. :D

i'm sure to find someone with tons of these green men! :D

This is THE SET to get from the Toy Story set.

Agreed! Let's just hope for an honest European price.

Thanks for the review!

OH! :oh3:

What a pretty set! :wub:

Really nice review Pugsly. :thumbup:

The pics are great and a very nice description of the set.

Well done. :sweet:

CommanderFox

I'll probably be getting two or three of this set. It seems like one of those sets that gets better the more you buy.

I'd like to see some MOCs too. Anyone up for a green tent or bunker pieces?

This set is epic win because:

-Heads for zombies

-Great military bodies and helmets

-Medic

-Green tools

-Great Jeep design

-Minifig stands for Brickwarz! (or other games)

This set is epic win because:

-Heads for zombies

And Martians. Handsome Martians. Like, maybe, a Martian infiltrator... an epic fail one. I dunno, but my first thought was putting one on a Mars Mission astronaut's shoulders for lols.

Thanks for the review! I hope someone puts together a "new parts / new color" list for this set -- I wonder how many of these pieces have never been made in green before! :laugh:

I haven't checked the jeep because it's almost certain that those parts in green are not new. The utensils however are available in the set for the first time ever in green: Rifle, Briefcase, Metal Detector, Binoculars, Radio and Stretcher.

Am I the only one who doesn't really like this set, even for the torso's - aren't they too green to look right?

Edited by chris_austin

I haven't checked the jeep because it's almost certain that those parts in green are not new. The utensils however are available in the set for the first time ever in green: Rifle, Briefcase, Metal Detector, Binoculars, Radio and Stretcher.

I took a quick look at bricklink, and it appears the wheels and brackets have never been green before. I don't think any of the other parts are newly green, though some of them have only rarely appeared in green.

This looks like a pretty neat set, I might pick one up (if they're a reasonable price here in Europe, hopefully even 6,5 - 7 euro's to coincide with the u.s. price, ah, one can always hope :tongue:).

Only it is unfortunate that there are a few different shades/types of green on the jeep, please TLG, fix your colourconsistency.

Edited by Fluyt

I can't wait for this set:

Awesome figs

Cool Jeep

Green pieces

It's like a battle pack for Toy Story, now we just need the enemy to be a battle pack full of martian people.

Bring it on! This is a great BP set that opens up so many possibilities. I can't wait to get my hands on some.

Darth Screamer Clone

10 dollars for four fantastic minifigs.

O sweet Lord :cry_happy:

Well, for one fantastic fig x 4 - and a printed hat :wink:

lol I think you might be right chumb heehee. I agree Pugsly this set is going to be a huge seller! I want a couple boxes myself. I know a ton of the Lego WW2 people are going to be buying these up like crazy!

I'll tell you: if soldiers in WWII actually wore uniforms in this color, they'd be dead in minutes. The green used is very inaccurate, even for jungle camouflage. Indiana Jones sets are still the way to go for WWII Lego soldiers.