Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:24 AM
John Cleese wanted to turn it into a guessing game but it seems to somewhat interfer with Kahgarak's original question (which hasn't been answered yet). So to applease all who wish to play this game here is a thread to do it.
But there are rules...
1) Only one set at a time. It would get too confusing if there were multiple sets being guessed.
2) It must be an official set. No MOCs or ficitious sets.
3) DO NOT go to an online LEGO database and look the set up or look for clues, this is "Guess the set" not research the set.
4) Since this is the history forum it must be a set from a historic theme. I.e. Castle, Pirate, Viking, Western, Ninja, etc. If you want a more generalised game then create one in the Community Forum and hope another administrator or moderator is willing to maintain it for you.
4) If everyone is REALLY stuck then the user who posted the clues must provide another one.
5) Once the set has been successfully determined all the guessing posts will be moved to a thread called Guess the set archieve. Go there and check if the set has already been used in the game.
Ok... First to post clues starts the game...
Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:31 PM
1:its a flyer
3:i got it on a real airplane
4:wasnt a jet
Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:50 PM
Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:57 PM
Thrash, on Jan 22 2006, 05:50 PM, said:
Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:57 AM
Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:04 AM
Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:33 AM
Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:48 AM
Set 6615 Eagle Stunt Flyer is a possibility, but it was released in 1996 (too late to have purchased in '93-'95.)
2774 Red Tiger was a promotional set, but a jet released in 1999.
2539 Fright Nights Flying Machine was a promotional Shell release but from 1997.
A few deductions:
- although purchased on an airplane, that does not mean it's a promotional set.
- the set may not be an airplane (although he mentioned it is NOT a jet, which may lead me to believe it is at least an airplane). This clue puzzles me.
- the theme may NOT be ninja, castle/fright knight, but maybe Basic or Duplo.
- sets released after 1995 and greater may be eliminated. The set may be older than 1993 (unless his years are incorrect).
This one is puzzling.
Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:54 AM
TheBrickster, on Jan 24 2006, 03:48 AM, said:
Sir Dillon, on Jan 23 2006, 06:04 PM, said:
Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:48 PM
It has a halfbarrel thingy
Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:10 AM
Evil Willy: are these clues from this set or another "Guess the Set"?
Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:35 AM
Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:39 AM
Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:48 AM
I don't care how many sets are up for guessing, but I assume if there are too many then it would just get too confusing.
But as for Miktor's set I must ponder... Were there any red flyers in the ninja theme?
Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:05 AM
Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:19 AM
Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:44 PM
#6260, Shipwreck Island
Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:02 PM
If nobody wants to play this game anymore I'll close the thread, alternatively if you want it pinned then you better make good use of it to justify pinning it.
Edited by mister_phes, 01 February 2006 - 12:04 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users