Sign in to follow this  
kris kelvin

Castle of the Order of Black Falcons

Some really nice work here Kris, man you own a lot of dark red tiles to pull off that look!

The bridge is really nice and the Castle looks well fortified and protected from invasion. Raising it up really adds to the impenetrability of the whole creation. Good luck.

OK, I just lost my breathe typing a huge response to SlyOwl's house and now I have to do it again.

Wow, where on earth did you get all those trans blue bricks for the water? It makes the depth look so real.

The SNOT bridge is amazing, and lets not forget the entoire castle is bricked with SNOT. Insane.

The height of the rockwork is impressive and even the road looks great. You guys seriously blow me away, I hope some of you great MOC'er are going to study to be architects or something like that because you really have the gift.

Hi Kriz Kelvin,

Beautyfull castle. :thumbup:

The tiling on the wall makes it verry recognizable as your creation.

It reminds me a lot of your imperial barracks MOC. :classic:

Verry interesting color scheme with the dark red, rown and brown.

Do you have any backside photos, or interior shots?

Kind regards,

Teddy

Thanks all for nice replay :classic:

Wow, where on earth did you get all those trans blue bricks for the water? It makes the depth look so real.

From Bricklink? :tongue:

Verry interesting color scheme with the dark red, rown and brown.

Do you have any backside photos, or interior shots?

Kind regards,

Teddy

There in not much to see. In Brickshelf Gallery is few photos more :)

There is no backside - I was run out of bricks :sceptic:

Edited by kris kelvin

Awesome stuff Kris. I had high hopes for you in the Brick Castle category, and you've really followed through! Excellent job!

My favourite Brick Castle so far :)

Wowza.

That's immense, mate :thumbup: I love the overall blend of brick and wood, especially the towers. The trees are great too.

Nice to see dark tan as a "base" colour; I would complain that the angled portion isn't that well integrated, but it could be a man-made earthwork. Similarly, the whole thing feels a bit "square" - the castle is built on a cuboid rockface, surrounded by a right-angled moat, with a right-angled path. If you'd extended the whole thing by say 16 studs in the side with the trees, you could have built a more rounded rockface and moat.

Not so much a criticism as a point of view, that; the squareness gives it a Lego-ish vibe that I love.

The castle itself is removable; is there anything underneath? I'm beginning to see a pattern in your raised-level MOCs :grin:

Impressive MOC. But isn't the hill leading up to the drawbridge a little steep?

One word, AWESOME !

Love this castle, especially the bricks and morter, the thatched roofs and overall design, oh yeah the colours just stand out. :wub::thumbup:

I consider this one of the best castle sets I've seen in along time ! :grin::thumbup:

Keep up the sweet work, 'Kris Kevlin'.

Wow!

Impressive work!

That tiles really gives the thickness to the castle! I love that!

Really extra nice work!

Impressive MOC kris kelvin,

I like your castle although I find it a bit to square and the hill leading up to the drawbridge is a little steep.

otherwise its a great work. :thumbup:

Good luck in the contest!

the Inventor

I gush (again). My favorite theme is castle and your interpretation on the black falcon fortress (my most treasured child hood set) is just wonderful! I really studies this for a while. I don't know if it is an accident that your wooden buildings appear to have slightly different colors of brown tiles but the effect is perfect! You have to really look close to appreciate that this is not a brick and mortar castle but a brick and ABS Lego MOC. I wonder do you keep your MOCs or recycle the pieces for other sets? Again, GREAT JOB!

Very impressive Castle kris kelvin :thumbup::wub:

I really like the colour scheme. :wub:

I like all the individual tiles, creating that brick look. :wub:

Really well done with this, and good luck for the contest!

CommanderFox

This is a really awesome castle you built Kris!

I also like the mix between "brick" built and wood. You managed to mix brown and reddish brown in a very good way.

The water is very impressive as well. Then there are many details I like a lot, the wodden bridge and the trees... All very good!

Good luck in the competition!

Thanks a lot for nice words guys :)

It`s nice to me that you like it.

Some explanations:

- The castle doesn`t have any back walls. I had run out of bricks. The castle is removable, but there isn`t any interior/basement ect. It was clearly made for easy building. This driveway is too high and that is right. But I had to choose between lowering rock with castle or enlarging the whole diorama.

Simply - It`s not a perfect MOC, but I still like it :classic:

And there is one BIG thing for which no one paid any attention. I`ll keep this in secret unless someone will guess. It`s not mistake, but this castle is not historical correct. It`s rather fantasy castle :tongue:

Anyway, thanks again for nice words :classic:

A wonderful creation with many wonderful techniques. All the wooden bits pose quite a firehazard, but at least it looks great. :tongue:

And there is one BIG thing for which no one paid any attention. I`ll keep this in secret unless someone will guess. It`s not mistake, but this castle is not historical correct. It`s rather fantasy castle :tongue:

Do you mean the fact that the castle is built out of red bricks, perhaps?

Kris, do you keep all your creations together or do you break them apart after taking pictures? You must have the greatest 1x2 dark red tile stock in the entire world :D Great job again, good luck in the contest.

Absolutely brilliant! :thumbup:

One more MOC to show around to other people who are not Lego afficionados. :classic:

But would you please stop making me feel small please? :cry_sad:

The SNOT bridge is amazing, and lets not forget the entoire castle is bricked with SNOT. Insane.

The old problem: What you mean is studless = smooth surfcae (mostly by using tiles).

SNOT is, if the bricks aren't headed studs to the top but to the sides or even studs down.