MOC: Just my 50ct for an Hogwarts Express Engine

5 replies to this topic

#1 Rumpelmuck

Rumpelmuck

Member: 7983

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:25 AM

Posted Image

Hi there!

My first train moc. I tried to motorize the engine itself. Many of train MOCs with BBB Wheels are pushed by tender based motors. Mine not, a old fashioned geared 9V Motor does the job. I used the tender to put ther IR receiver and the rechargable battery pack.

The 50ct !!!
IMHO the boiler is still to small and the whole construction might be heavier. It will pull 3 Coaches (36studs long).

So, any comments are welcome.

Cheers!
Thomas

EDIT: Of course "a Hogwarts Express Engine" ;-)

Edited by TheBrickster, 10 December 2009 - 03:17 PM.

#2 Milan

Milan

Member: 6465

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:33 PM

Hello, I think this topic should go to the Train Tech
And your pictures are not public yet, you should post deeplinks (while in your BS account, upload the picture, click on it, click on it again and copy its link and then paste that link here) or wait a day or two, until your folder is public!
Posted Image   Posted Image    Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image    Posted Image
Website  Facebook  YouTube   Flickr    Brickshelf      Mocpages

#3 Davey

Davey

• Dry Humper

Member: 6272

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:33 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing what you have come up with once the folders go public.

-Dave

Posted Image
My Setlist // Dave's MOCPage // Stacy's MOCPage // ToT-LUG Photostream // Brickshelf Gallery // Our Blog

============================================================

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy?"

"And you don't want to be here in the future...so you say the present is just a pleasant...interruption to the past."

#4 Rumpelmuck

Rumpelmuck

Member: 7983

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:07 AM

The folder is public now!

Enjoy!

#5 Matt Dawson

Matt Dawson

Member: 7007

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:22 PM

The loco doesn't look quite right - I think it is because, like most GWR tender engines, it has a 'raised' footplate - i.e. it rises above the wheels.

Posted Image

This image at wikipedia clearly shows Olton Hall - aka "Hogwarts Castle" - in full HP livery.

For the cylinders - how about using the 1x1 brick with the technic hole connected with a cheese slope? It'll give the loco the typical GWR cylinder look.
Posted Image
Want to see more photos? See my Flikr!
Posted Image

#6 Davey

Davey

• Dry Humper

Member: 6272

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:59 PM

Nice work!  It's always nice to see how other approach the challenge of building steam engines.  I think the Hogwarts Express is one of the most MOC-ed steam engines and I don't think I have seen any that use the same techniques to capture the shape.  Great work here and you have given me some ideas to improve the Hogwarts Express I built in April 2009.

-Dave

Posted Image
My Setlist // Dave's MOCPage // Stacy's MOCPage // ToT-LUG Photostream // Brickshelf Gallery // Our Blog

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy?"

"And you don't want to be here in the future...so you say the present is just a pleasant...interruption to the past."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users