• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Davey

Davey

• Dry Humper

Member: 6272

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:08 PM

Posted Image
I've recently become enamored with Miniland scale building and I just realized I had not posted this for my fellow Eurobricks users to see.   :tongue:  This was my entry for the final round of the 2009 MOCOlympics over on MOCPages.  The category was 'Cartoon Express' which basically meant you had to build something related to a 'retro cartoon' from pre-1995.  As a kid (well...even now), I was a fan of Rainbow Brite.  I don't know if it's the songs, the colors, or the cute and cuddly look of those little Sprites, but I just loved the show.  As such, I decided to build the main characters from the show in Miniland scale.  

Posted Image

The MOC features the main protagonist, Rainbow Brite, along with her colorful friends, the Sprites.  Behind them you can see the villains Lurky, The Dark Princess, and Murky.  You can check out more photos of this MOC over on my Flickr Photostream.  Comments and criticisms are appreciated.   :classic:  

-Dave

Posted Image

Edited by Rufus, 16 July 2011 - 07:33 PM.
Indexed

My Setlist // Dave's MOCPage // Stacy's MOCPage // ToT-LUG Photostream // Brickshelf Gallery // Our Blog

============================================================

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy?"

"And you don't want to be here in the future...so you say the present is just a pleasant...interruption to the past."

#2 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:49 PM

Oh man, I remember rainbow brite.  I'm 27, and my sister loved rainbow brite so I always watched it with her.

I love Murky and Lurky, fantastic job.

#3 Milan

Milan

Member: 6465

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:01 PM

I don't remember the show.
I searched it on Google and when I saw its images, similarity is clearly visible!
Great!
Posted Image   Posted Image    Posted Image   Posted Image   
Website  Facebook  YouTube   Flickr

#4 Izzy

Izzy

• Strip me naked and slap me with an Atlantic Salmon

Member: 1628

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:20 AM

That's really cute Dave. I'm a big fan of Rainbow Brite also, I have recently been thinking of trying my hand at a Noddy miniland figure, these figs or yours have inspired me a little more. Thanks for sharing them!  :sweet:

To Do Is To Be - Nietzsche  
To Be Is To Do - Kant    
To Be Or Not To Be - Shakespeare    
Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra

Flickr

#5 Davey

Davey

• Dry Humper

Member: 6272

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:50 AM

View PostCutlass_Iz, on Nov 30 2009, 09:20 PM, said:

That's really cute Dave. I'm a big fan of Rainbow Brite also, I have recently been thinking of trying my hand at a Noddy miniland figure, these figs or yours have inspired me a little more. Thanks for sharing them!  :sweet:

Ohhhh!  I can't wait to see your Noddy fig, Cutlass_Iz!!!  Pictures soon I hope?   :classic: That will be ultra-cute when it's done.  

-Dave
My Setlist // Dave's MOCPage // Stacy's MOCPage // ToT-LUG Photostream // Brickshelf Gallery // Our Blog

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy?"

"And you don't want to be here in the future...so you say the present is just a pleasant...interruption to the past."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users