MOC: The Twortise and the Spider

5 replies to this topic

#1 fallentomato

fallentomato

• Evil Herbivore

Member: 3489

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:46 AM

Posted Image
A couple years ago I picked up the UCS Batmobile for 50% off. I didn't have much interest in building the actual model, but I used the pieces to build some alternate models. I first rounded up all the pieces that were not grey or black and tried to see how colorful I could make something from a set that was mostly monotone. The result was the Twortise
Posted Image
Half-Fire...
Posted Image
Half- Machine...
Posted Image
100% Awesome. It even has two tails
Posted Image
Then I looked at the remaining pieces and knew that the 4x4 dishes with the Batman insignia had to be the eyes. I first made a really creepy Pogo Bat thing but my friends told me that was too creepy, so that eventually evolved into a spider.
Posted Image
I'm really proud of the face.
Posted Image
Both together:
Posted Image
These have been sitting around on my shelf for acouple years now collecting dust. I thought it was time I photographed them. Those dark red curved slopes on the Twortise are looking mighty appealing after all... :devil:

Edited by Rufus, 16 July 2011 - 07:43 PM.
Indexed

Flickr - Nightly News at Nine - MOCpages
"My Lego disorder is the dreaded RAVENOUS HUNGER!!!" - 13 yr old me on rec.toys.lego

#2 Rick

Rick

• Wants to be important too! (but already is)

Member: 5261

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:49 AM

Now that's thinking outside the box...  :classic:

#3 knuclear200x

knuclear200x

Member: 8333

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:02 AM

call me stupid...but whats the twortoise supposed to be? I know its a vehicle of some sort but...I dont know what I'm looking at to be honest <:( sorry...

The Bat-spider's cool though. lookit those sweet eyes. Staring at its prey, itself only knowing what its going to do next.

Edited by knuclear200x, 28 November 2009 - 05:06 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Legostein

Legostein

• I'm a million!

Member: 1505

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:25 PM

Hello!

Well, I don't know what a Twortise is at all but I know what a Tortoise is. Which is the only similar word that came to mind. :classic: Maybe you can shed some light on that?

The spider is clearly recognizable as member of its species. The barbed hooks on the legs look threatening as they should.  :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein, 28 November 2009 - 01:25 PM.

Posted Image http://www.deckdesigns.de - Bricks, Building & Beyond Posted Image

#5 fallentomato

fallentomato

• Evil Herbivore

Member: 3489

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:25 PM

View Postknuclear200x, on Nov 27 2009, 11:02 PM, said:

call me stupid...but whats the twortoise supposed to be? I know its a vehicle of some sort but...I dont know what I'm looking at to be honest <:( sorry...

View PostLegostein, on Nov 28 2009, 07:25 AM, said:

Well, I don't know what a Twortise is at all but I know what a Tortoise is. Which is the only similar word that came to mind. :classic: Maybe you can shed some light on that?
Yes, perhaps I should have explained that better. The Twortise is supposed to be a two-sided turtle/tortise. One half is robotic and the other half is fiery. It's hard to make out, but I tried to create a shell shaped body. The heads are a little weird though.   :sceptic:
Flickr - Nightly News at Nine - MOCpages
"My Lego disorder is the dreaded RAVENOUS HUNGER!!!" - 13 yr old me on rec.toys.lego

#6 knuclear200x

knuclear200x

Member: 8333

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:20 AM

View Postfallentomato, on Nov 28 2009, 11:25 AM, said:

Yes, perhaps I should have explained that better. The Twortise is supposed to be a two-sided turtle/tortise. One half is robotic and the other half is fiery. It's hard to make out, but I tried to create a shell shaped body. The heads are a little weird though.   :sceptic:

NOWWWWWWWWWW i see it :grin: and i thought the tails were the heads...

perhaps it wouldve been more recognizeable with a two-face tortoise head, one side red and the other side gray...ok now i see which batman character drives the twortoise.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users