MOC: US Special forces HumVee

5 replies to this topic

#1 Ralph_S

Ralph_S

• Dwarf My Maersk!

Member: 309

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:29 PM

In the last week or two several people have posted versions of HumVees/ HUmmers/ HMMWVs on eurobricks. As coincidence would have it, I recently completed a version of the HumVee too. My model is on a slightly larger scale than most people's, scale 1/22. I'd been planning to build it for weeks, but I had litle time and had to wait for a bricklink order to come in before I could complete it. The version I chose to build is called a GMV, for Ground Mobility Vehicle. This is a version of the HumVee modified for US special forces. The vehicles are used for long range missions behind enemy lines and to provide fire support for the troops. They are typically heavily armed. In case of mine with two M240 machine guns and a Mk.19 grenade launcher. the vehicle also comes equipped with smoke grenade launchers and extensive communications gear, including a satellite link.  

Part of the fun of building one on this relatively large scale is that it allowed me to add a lot equipment that these vehicles tend to carry in real life.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The picture below shows my GMV next to a more common armament carrier version.

Posted Image

Finally, as an encore, one of my 1/22 scale HumVees next to my minifigscale (6-wide) model of a HumVee armament carrier.

Posted Image

Enjoy.

Cheers,
Ralph
For LEGO jets, cars, and trucks, please check out:
http://www.flickr.co...os/madphysicist

#2 Skipper 24

Skipper 24

• I live in Engalnd

Member: 1851

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:44 PM

Great details Ralph. Reminds me of Modern Warfare (games) a lot. It's great how you have coloured the models, one in desert and one forest. The mini Hummer is pretty neat too.
Posted Image <-- Thanks Hound Knight
Flickr Brickshelf

#3 Ralph_S

Ralph_S

• Dwarf My Maersk!

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:28 PM

View PostSkipper 24, on Nov 25 2009, 06:44 PM, said:

Great details Ralph. Reminds me of Modern Warfare (games) a lot. It's great how you have coloured the models, one in desert and one forest. The mini Hummer is pretty neat too.
Thanks. I'm not really familiar with the game, but I know they deal with US special forces, so that would be fitting. The forest camouflaged HumVee is an older model that I upgraded a few weeks ago. I replaced regular LEGo green with dark green and to accommodate that I had to shuffle around a lot of the other parts. I also added the windows. I already wanted to build the special forces version, but I figured I should first upgrade the one I had.  

Cheers,
Ralph

#4 Badsneaker

Badsneaker

Member: 3096

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:45 PM

Ralph these are awesome but I must ask where do you find the time to create all these delicious MOC's?  :sweet:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 cagri

cagri

• AWOL AFOL

Member: 2068

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:49 PM

I like the woodland camo and those tires you have used. I'll look through those and get me some.

#6 Ralph_S

Ralph_S

• Dwarf My Maersk!

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:27 PM

View PostBadsneaker, on Nov 25 2009, 08:45 PM, said:

Ralph these are awesome but I must ask where do you find the time to create all these delicious MOC's?  :sweet:
Thank you. The answer to your question is twofold: I'm taking an extended break from work and I build pretty quickly.   :laugh:

View Postcagri, on Nov 26 2009, 08:49 PM, said:

I like the woodland camo and those tires you have used. I'll look through those and get me some.
Thanks. The tyres are old technic tyres:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3634

They're not particularly useful for most vehicles, but they have just the right appearance for HumVees IMO.

Cheers,
Ralph

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users