Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

Micro White House

Hello everyone!

There's probably no other building that has been portrayed as often as the White House in mini architecural scale. Have a quick browse over and BrickShelf and you'll find plenty versions of it. So I had to go even smaller, as I respect the other builders works and don't want to cause obvious similarities. Hence it's pretty tiny. :classic: Originally I built it for setting it in scene with some UFO mini models of the movie "Independence Day" (ID4), but now am hesitant to show images of it together with the UFOs and its fate. :sad:

So, here's the Micro White House. It uses old printed 1x6 bricks from the old ferry sets. It was a convenient way to get two levels of windws. Please excuse their slight yellowing, they're really old. :classic: The front pillars are half technic pins. The special thing here is that the studs of the 2x2 round plate below are the basement for those pillars. Without the studs it would not have been possible. :classic:

white-house-1.jpg

white-house-2.jpg

white-house-3.jpg

white-house-4.jpg

That's it. :classic: I will show the Independence Day mini models separately I guess. :classic:

Have a great week!

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

Really cool microbuild there Legostein :thumbup:! Great use of the ferrypieces and techic pins!

white-house-job-1.jpgwhite-house-2.jpg

Which is real and which is LEGO?

Thats a cool mini model. I know if they sold that as a special independence day set I would totally buy it.

From, GoCubsGo! :grin:

Edited by Go Cubs Go!

Love the uses of only so few parts - a beautiful micro scale MOC. :classic::thumbup:

Even Mr Obama would be pleased.

Oh, yeah really want these attackships from ID - hope you show the primary weapon starting to build up energy, yeah and maybe also a micro copter as well (but I think that may be a bit much to ask for).

Great job, Legostein. :classic::thumbup:

this is great with so few pieces. I like the back the best and the use of the printed parts is a great solution to windows in such a small scale.

Hello again!

Thank you for the many nice comments for this tiny MOC. :sweet:

To answer some questions, I think that the scale is too small to have an kind of flag, sorry. :wink: And I built the roof black because light bluish gray looked rather pale. Furthermore the black ones go along well with the black windows. Too many colours have more of a disturbing effect, the smaller you build. :classic:

Thanks all!

~ Christopher

Another great mini, it looks really good. Better than the real thing I might say.

Another great creation from your imagination. Very nice use (as said before) of those ferry-window-pieces.

You can totally say what it is supposed to be without having it written.

Good work as usual Legostein :thumbup:

I love it! The use of the printed parts for the windows is very clever.

I was wondering, how did you get those white technic half pins?

EDIT: Ah, I checked BrickLink, and found out that they exist in 7 sets. Before I only thought that they existed in blue and various shades of grey!

I love it! The use of the printed parts for the windows is very clever.

I thought he just used sharpie? Anyhow Great Moc! The pillar technique is remarkable part usage way to think outside the box! :classic:

Hello again and thank you for your interest in the mini model. :classic:

I was wondering, how did you get those white technic half pins?

As a mini builder you have to have a detailed knowledge which tiny pieces come in which colours. Oftem at small sclae, a main shape element must be realized by one single piece. :classic: I recommend buying some of these in white. :wink:

I thought he just used sharpie?

A sharpie is a fine ink pen yes? Well... No. :wink: It's a real part as stated above. It comes in old sets of the ferry line theme. Let me explain why a sharpie would make me nervous. :classic:

For me personally, I need a challenge when I build. This includes that there are not all obvious parts available immediately. As explained some lines above, shape at mini scale is difficult. You have to know your bricks to see what you can use, and what turns out well. If I just used a knife to create the part I need, why do I build with LEGO® bricks at all? I could also start making models from a block of platsic, shape it and paint it. Finding a close matching decorated part to represent a hull pattern or something is much more difficult than paint it. :classic: It needs thinking outside the box, as you nicely said above. :classic: That's a great metaphor I will have to remember, btw. :wink:

One of the rules I try to stick to when building is: No saw, glue or paint.

Of course that does not mean that I don't respect our fine customizing people here on the boards. There are many people who are real masters of customizing pieces and figures. They're real artists! I really admire them! But as I myself am not good at these things, I try to make my way with what I can. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

I absolutely love your microscale MOCs! I've just started working on one myself, so I know just what you mean regarding things such as piece variety and building purity (as in, no stickers and such)... I must say, I'd be totally thrilled if I ever manage to come close to the level of detail you always get with your builds!