MOC - Winter Village

26 replies to this topic

#1 brickzone

brickzone

• No Relation

Member: 2481

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:43 PM

Hello again. Well, I'm back to post photos of the festive Winter Village scene of which the station is but a part! The scene is a collection of Lego model (Winter Toy Shop), modded Lego model (Town Hall), modded old MOC of mine (Norman church), family MOCs (weaver's cottage from previous Medieval village MOCs, shops) and my MOC (station). The scene was in fact my Mum's idea (also an avid AFOL) and one of my brothers was involved too in arranging the shops beside the station.

Here is the scene from the front showing the square:
Posted Image

Angle showing station/shops (shops are unfinished):
Posted Image

Angle showing Town Hall and Norman church:
Posted Image

Close up on the choir (minifigs arranged/belonging to my Mum). The building was a Weaver's Cottage (built by my Mum/brother) in the mediaevel village scene:
Posted Image

View across the square to the finely dressed people leaving church:
Posted Image

This view shows the shops (my Mum/brother's creation) and the stalls. People are skating on the frozen pond in the village square.
Posted Image

Town hall is closed for Christmas:
Posted Image

Close up on the toy stall by the Winter Toy Shop. Where did that stall and stall owner come from!?
Posted Image

And finally a view of the town overlooking the station and Emerald Night which is just pulling in to the station.
Posted Image

Edited by brickzone, 22 November 2009 - 04:52 PM.

#2 Legostein

Legostein

• I'm a million!

Member: 1505

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:22 PM

Hello!

That's really a pleasure to look at! :classic: Winter scenes always have something tranquil. :classic: The frozed pond with the trans clear elements is really a nice touch. I'd imagine that a few of those pine trees with marbled white snow pattern would also look great in that scenery. Like your nicely snow-covered leaf tree. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher
Posted Image http://www.deckdesigns.de - Bricks, Building & Beyond Posted Image

#3 bullet8542

bullet8542

Member: 2814

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:23 PM

Pretty Cool I must say, I love it. Great job very nice detail.
Do I have a signature?

#4 legotrainfan

legotrainfan

Member: 2562

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:28 PM

Wonderful MOC! A while back I opened a threat about MOCs that depict a winter scene/landscape. I just presented some brickshelf finds. Unfortunately, you hadn't yet built your MOC back then. I'd have been a nice additon for the discussion in that thread.

However, your winter scene looks fantastic. The only thing I miss is a bit of "snow" on the train. Though I don't know if snow on the train would be realistic anyway. Since a train moves most snow normally falls off anyway.
[...]
I have spread my dreams under your feet.
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:29 PM

Walking in a winter wonderland ! :classic:  :thumbup:
That's simply beautiful, I really like the way you have done this village.
The toy shop, town plan town hall, the grand Emerald Night right long side of it's station, church and best of all the town square with market.
Snow on trees - sweet !
No snow on the train - ah, heat from the engine melted the snow how about that then. :classic:
'Brickzone' fantastic design and build - all you need a Scrooge character somewhere in it going 'hum-bug' ! :classic:  :thumbup:

#6 Darth Hawken

Darth Hawken

Member: 7776

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:42 PM

Outstanding MOC. I like how you did the tree covered with snow. Also the church is fantastic, along with the toy shop, and the trainstation. You have to love the Emerald Knight! amazing village!

#7 prateek

prateek

• Study hard!

Member: 426

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:44 PM

Great scene. It has a cozy feel that makes me all tingley inside :blush:

Edited by prateek, 22 November 2009 - 08:44 PM.

#8 Klaus-Dieter

Klaus-Dieter

• 4-Wide Kerfuffler

Member: 1588

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:08 PM

This diorama and these MOCs look really awesome, brickzone! :oh:

I really  :wub: it!

The village looks really realistic, with a very peaceful and calm atmosphere and stunning details!
The most I like the Christmas market.

Very, very well done! :thumbup: :thumbup:  

Yes - we really need a lot of add-ons to the Winter Toy Shop in order to build up a complete small winter village!

Klaus-Dieter

#9 brickzone

brickzone

• No Relation

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:30 PM

Thanks for the comments. I would certainly have liked some of those snow-covered pine trees - but alas, they are expensive and I don't have any. The white leaves used to snow-cover the MMP tree are in fact my entire stock of those!

legotrainfan - I did see that thread and thought it was quite interesting!

As regards snow on the train - well, apart from it being tricky to do, the train has just pulled into the station so I think it wouldn't be realistic even for the carriage or any less "hot" areas (the snow would fall off). I should have filled the tender with coal mind you, and perhaps some snow would sit on top of that. However, one could also assume the train has arrived after the snowfall (indeed the market stalls also have no snow on them - although the car outside the station does - I guess it has been there a while!)

Klaus-Dieter - well, I had hoped to experience a proper German/Bavarian Christmas market by visiting Munich again this year before Christmas, but alas finances don't allow it. So part of this was to remind me of the past experiences!

#10 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:01 PM

Excellent work, You did a wonderful job of combining all those brilliant creations.

I wish there was a more close up shot of all the people in the square, other than that, it's spectacular!

#11 Rick

Rick

• Wants to be important too! (but already is)

Member: 5261

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:02 PM

I really like the atmosphere you captured in this - rather big - scene. I suppose you don't have any snow-covered trees (from the Belville theme I believe)? My only further suggestion would be to try and make the edge of the ice a little less diamond-shaped, but 'rounder'.

#12 benny

benny

Member: 4111

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:58 PM

View Postbrickzone, on Nov 23 2009, 12:43 AM, said:

Hello again. Well, I'm back to post photos of the festive Winter Village scene of which the station is but a part! The scene is a collection of Lego model (Winter Toy Shop), modded Lego model (Town Hall), modded old MOC of mine (Norman church), family MOCs (weaver's cottage from previous Medieval village MOCs, shops) and my MOC (station). The scene was in fact my Mum's idea (also an avid AFOL) and one of my brothers was involved too in arranging the shops beside the station.

Here is the scene from the front showing the square:
Posted Image

Angle showing station/shops (shops are unfinished):
Posted Image

Angle showing Town Hall and Norman church:
Posted Image

Close up on the choir (minifigs arranged/belonging to my Mum). The building was a Weaver's Cottage (built by my Mum/brother) in the mediaevel village scene:
Posted Image

View across the square to the finely dressed people leaving church:
Posted Image

This view shows the shops (my Mum/brother's creation) and the stalls. People are skating on the frozen pond in the village square.
Posted Image

Town hall is closed for Christmas:
Posted Image

Close up on the toy stall by the Winter Toy Shop. Where did that stall and stall owner come from!?
Posted Image

And finally a view of the town overlooking the station and Emerald Night which is just pulling in to the station.
Posted Image

Wah! Very nice winter town!!! It is full of X'mas atmosphere!

#13 Commander_Rob

Commander_Rob

Member: 3863

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:09 PM

Very cool! (No pun intended. :tongue: )
Looks like a nice little town, lots of Christmas spirit.
I see you have used the stalls from that (sorta) new Indiana Jones set and Medieval Market village.
Overall very nice, makes you want to be there.

And another thing: this kind off reminds me of that scene from the seventh Harry Potter book, when they are in Godric`s Hollow on christmas eve.

Edited by Commander_Rob, 23 November 2009 - 05:10 PM.

Just call me Rob.

#14 BlueBard

BlueBard

Member: 2796

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:32 PM

Simply wonderful!  :sweet:  The omnipresent white gives the perfect winter feeling to the MOC and the inclusion of the WTS and the Emerald Night are a nice touch  :thumbup:

#15 MadAboutLego

MadAboutLego

Member: 5426

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:56 PM

nice thats cool keep up the good work :grin:
Brickset

MadAboutLego's  Youtube

You Cannot have Enough LEGO! It,s telling The WIFE!!

#16 Commodore Hornbricker

Commodore Hornbricker

• Cyborg Chef Splatter

Member: 5169

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:53 PM

Fantastic.  The church is my favorite.  I love the little piles of snow that sit on the outcropings.  It has a wonderful feeling.  Makes me wish I had me skies with me right now.
Posted Image Sail on over to the Port of Brick Royal
"I am not having him flogged for fighting, Mr. Gerard." - Horatio Hornblower

#17 Zorbas

Zorbas

• Tough on stains!

Member: 4609

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:22 PM

What a wonderful scene! :wub:

You've really captured the Christmas spirit brickzone!

All the buildings forming this square and the minifigs celebrating is just great! The snow is the element that makes the difference IMO. Man, it FEELS like Christmas!

To tell you the truth, your creation really brings in my mind some scenes from the movie "Gremlins". Don't worry, I don't mean the actual creatures. :laugh:
I'm talking about the town the story took place. A small town, everything covered in snow, people out in the streets, small charming buildings, kids singing the carols and especially that whole Christmas atmosphere.

Excellent work again! :thumbup:

(30 days until my 2-week off from work for holidays.... :cry_happy: )
"Bricks and stones, timber and tiles - are of no use when dumped at random..."
Xenophon - "Memoirs of Socrates"
Brickshelf

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines
Index of helpful tutorials

by Jebediahs

Posted Image

#18 GingerBreadKid

GingerBreadKid

Member: 8206

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:56 PM

Nice work

Edited by GingerBreadKid, 25 November 2009 - 11:19 PM.

#19 CommanderFox

CommanderFox

• Can't remember his own name

Member: 5406

Posted 24 November 2009 - 04:10 AM

Very nice MOC brickzone :thumbup:
I really like the snow on the roof, very nicely done!
All the buildings are really nice! They look Great!
Well done!

CommanderFox
My Brickshelf!. The Brick Hope.
Anime and Manga fan, feel free to discuss anything anime on my profile :)
                                          CommanderFox playing as Ollivander Dippet for Gryffindor in Harry Potter Wizards Duel!
Posted ImagePosted Image - Kiwi Bricks

#20 Burf2000

Burf2000

Member: 6615

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:07 AM

A Christmas master piece, Oh how I would love that model!

#21 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Member: 2351

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:39 AM

This is a very lovely Christmas celebration in this village.  :thumbup:

I love the way on how you integrate these sets together plus your church to form a small European village.

This MOC has been featured in Classic-Town.net.

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)

#22 Talin Agasan

Talin Agasan

Member: 5562

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:46 AM

Brickzone said:

A little bit of expansion could be added to the above comments. The weaver's cottage and the shops beside the station were built by myself and my Mum. We also enjoyed building the "alternative" Christmas carol-singing choir. I love the station and the church and the whole scene. The first time I saw the whole arrangement was on Eurobricks. :classic:

Edited by Talin Agasan, 25 November 2009 - 10:56 AM.

#23 brickzone

brickzone

• No Relation

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:04 AM

Talin Agasin is the aforementioned brother! He'll be posting his (and my Mum's) Winter Shops when they've been finished.

WhiteFang - thanks for the ClassicTown.net posting - if possible could you amend the final sentence to include my Mum (whose idea it was as well as the Weaver's Cottage, shops, choir and building material for the ice/square) and my brother (Talin Agasin) who worked on those as well (using my Mum's Lego)!

It's part of the family Christmas decorations :) (I'll also have my Holiday Train running around the Christmas Tree).

#24 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Member: 2351

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:46 PM

View Postbrickzone, on Nov 25 2009, 06:04 PM, said:

WhiteFang - thanks for the ClassicTown.net posting - if possible could you amend the final sentence to include my Mum (whose idea it was as well as the Weaver's Cottage, shops, choir and building material for the ice/square) and my brother (Talin Agasin) who worked on those as well (using my Mum's Lego)!
No problem at all.  :thumbup:

Special request is completed.

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)

#25 GingerBreadKid

GingerBreadKid

Member: 8206

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:16 PM

Hello there! i really like your village,it's really cute,i only have a tiny bit of critism though,i think,maybe, you might have to many mini-figures in it.It sort of reminds me of kaos,when i think i should be seeing calmness,good job though

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users