Sava Railways Scenic Tours

5 replies to this topic

#1 SavaTheAggie

SavaTheAggie

• Thick-skinned

Member: 1274

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:23 PM

Posted Image

I've gotten into a photographic kick lately, so I've decided over the next weeks/months/years that I'll be taking scenic or "pretty" pictures of my train MOCs.  These pictures may not have any AFOL value insomuch as showing off building techniques, they're simply for the sake of being eye candy.

Today I have two additions to the Sava Railways Scenic Tour.  Each features my recent Texas State Railroad locomotive #500.  

"Train Wash"
Posted Image

"Greeting the Day"
Posted Image

Click on either image for a larger view.

I thought about coming up with a logo to watermark the photos, but I doubt I'll go that far.  But, I will make it a point to post them here when I release them if y'all are interested in them.

--Tony

Edited by TheBrickster, 10 December 2009 - 03:13 PM.

You only live once, and if you do it right that's all you need.

SRW Locomotive Works
Posted Image

#2 Captain Zuloo

Captain Zuloo

• god for 10

Member: 1816

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:14 AM

Tony, those photos are pretty cool! I do hope that you continue with them, as it is great to see some LEGO creations being photographed as though they were real trains. Keep up the great work mate. :thumbup:

Posted Image

Brick Expo 2011 - Australia's BIGGEST LEGO Expo!
www.brickexpo.com.au

#3 Rick

Rick

• The barometer of our times

Member: 5261

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:47 AM

I really like these little scenes. Good lighting on the second pic. The coffee makes the timing of the scene instantly clear. Cool water technique on the first one and a very simple, yet effective way to lengthen the broom.

#4 SavaTheAggie

SavaTheAggie

• Thick-skinned

Member: 1274

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:21 PM

View PostCaptain Zuloo, on Nov 21 2009, 12:14 AM, said:

Tony, those photos are pretty cool! I do hope that you continue with them, as it is great to see some LEGO creations being photographed as though they were real trains. Keep up the great work mate. :thumbup:
Thanks much!  I've already taken a few more pictures, I'll share them when they're ready.

View PostRick, on Nov 21 2009, 02:47 AM, said:

I really like these little scenes. Good lighting on the second pic. The coffee makes the timing of the scene instantly clear. Cool water technique on the first one and a very simple, yet effective way to lengthen the broom.
Thanks much!  It was a little tricky to get the lighting just right on the second one, but I'm not entirely happy with it and it's lack of a morning sky.

--Tony
You only live once, and if you do it right that's all you need.

SRW Locomotive Works
Posted Image

#5 Matt Dawson

Matt Dawson

Member: 7007

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:47 PM

To me, the second one looks like it's the end of the day, (the light coming from an open door), with the driver having one last drink with the loco before going home.
Posted Image
Want to see more photos? See my Flikr!
Posted Image

#6 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:27 PM

The darker shot is just money, it's great, and I love your spraying water technique, great job.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users