Jump to content


Spanish port


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic  – Started by Swash Buckler , Nov 18 2009 05:27 PM

#1 Swash Buckler

Swash Buckler

    Posts: 348
    Joined: 01-November 09
    Member: 8048

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:27 PM

Posted Image 96d
After my buccaneermoc i built another spanish city- mostly from the same parts but i built completely new houses and all... :pir_laugh2:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

more pics from here: Spanish port 1685

#2 Rick

Rick
  • Wants to be important too! (but already is)


    Posts: 7616
    Joined: 11-February 09
    Member: 5261
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:19 PM

Nice, I like the lively narrow streets. The tan building is my favorite. The small ship you built for the port (on MOCpages) is also really good.

#3 Captain M

Captain M

    Posts: 167
    Joined: 17-November 09
    Member: 8229
    Country: United States

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:30 PM

I really like this Moc. The most part I like about it was using those(or well, these- Here) as rudders for the rowboats. <3

#4 Big Cam

Big Cam
  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:37 PM

Very cool.  Looks to scale IMO too.

Although it's very simple, I think my favorite part is the canon being lifted up or down with the chains.  I guess I've just never seen that before and it makes perfect sense and I've seen it in pirate movies so, ya, great work.

#5 Commodore Hornbricker

Commodore Hornbricker
  • Cyborg Chef Splatter


    Posts: 2181
    Joined: 30-January 09
    Member: 5169
    Country: USA

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:17 PM

Very nice lively port.  Lots of good colors and details throughout.  I think if you tiled the main streets in the middle it might draw out the details and the actions better.  Looks great though.
Posted Image Sail on over to the Port of Brick Royal
"I am not having him flogged for fighting, Mr. Gerard." - Horatio Hornblower

#6 Swash Buckler

Swash Buckler

    Posts: 348
    Joined: 01-November 09
    Member: 8048

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:07 PM

View PostCaptain M, on Nov 18 2009, 08:30 PM, said:

I really like this Moc. The most part I like about it was using those(or well, these- Here) as rudders for the rowboats. <3
:pir_laugh2: Official name of that part is 1x2 plate with a handle i think- at least in the leocad- and perhaps i should use some part for tiller also...

#7 Captain M

Captain M

    Posts: 167
    Joined: 17-November 09
    Member: 8229
    Country: United States

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:29 PM

View PostSwash Buckler, on Nov 19 2009, 09:07 AM, said:

:pir_laugh2: Official name of that part is 1x2 plate with a handle i think- at least in the leocad- and perhaps i should use some part for tiller also...
You still use LeoCad as well?

#8 Lord Derfel Cadarn

Lord Derfel Cadarn
  • Lives in a pumpkin eat pumpkin world.


    Posts: 1386
    Joined: 10-March 09
    Member: 5528
    Country: United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:03 PM

Another nice moc from you, you've been busy posting mocs i see recently, but i havn't had a chanch to comment. This has a nice quaint and busy feel to it which is always good and there are many nice details in there. Keep up the good work! :pir-classic:
Posted Image     Posted Image                                                                          
                                    Lord Of The Dark Isle                 
                                                      My Flickr

#9 Swash Buckler

Swash Buckler

    Posts: 348
    Joined: 01-November 09
    Member: 8048

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:47 PM

View PostCaptain M, on Nov 19 2009, 04:29 PM, said:

You still use LeoCad as well?
I like more using the real bricks but there is never enough of them to my visions :pir_bawling:  so when i want to build something that requires unlimitable amout of bricks i use leocad it is one of the best virtual programs to build lego- it have most of the pieces that are needed to ships, cars, trains, planes or spacecraft and for my favorite cities and buildings :pir-blush:

#10 Zorro

Zorro
  • Farewell Dieter!


    Posts: 5757
    Joined: 17-September 08
    Member: 3951
    Country: Belgium

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:50 PM

I like your Spanish port/city, it is as busy as these kind of cities were in that time.
I love how you've done the buildings, especcialy the little fort :thumbup: .

#11 Swash Buckler

Swash Buckler

    Posts: 348
    Joined: 01-November 09
    Member: 8048

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:51 PM

View PostDerfel Cardarn, on Nov 19 2009, 09:03 PM, said:

Another nice moc from you, you've been busy posting mocs i see recently, but i havn't had a chanch to comment. This has a nice quaint and busy feel to it which is always good and there are many nice details in there. Keep up the good work! :pir-classic:
Thanks- what is your next project -i would like to see it when ready probably takes lots of time to do so big dioramas- your mocs are so outstanding that i really want to see them all :pir-classic:

#12 Lord Derfel Cadarn

Lord Derfel Cadarn
  • Lives in a pumpkin eat pumpkin world.


    Posts: 1386
    Joined: 10-March 09
    Member: 5528
    Country: United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:32 PM

View PostSwash Buckler, on Nov 19 2009, 08:51 PM, said:

Thanks- what is your next project -i would like to see it when ready probably takes lots of time to do so big dioramas- your mocs are so outstanding that i really want to see them all :pir-classic:

Thanks, my next project is 'Nancy's Tavern' based around a song by Alestorm. Its nearly finished, just got to finish off the landscaping :jollyroger:
Posted Image     Posted Image                                                                          
                                    Lord Of The Dark Isle                 
                                                      My Flickr

#13 MetroiD

MetroiD
  • Lost in the forest of life


    Posts: 2659
    Joined: 22-February 09
    Member: 5374
    Country: Bulgaria

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:48 AM

View PostDerfel Cardarn, on Nov 19 2009, 11:32 PM, said:

Thanks, my next project is 'Nancy's Tavern' based around a song by Alestorm. Its nearly finished, just got to finish off the landscaping :jollyroger:
Is it going to be a part of Durnovaria? :pir-sweet:

As to this MOC - Swash Buckler, this is one sweet-looking port scene!!! The tan building really helps to get that Spanish look and I also enjoyed the angular side of the fort :) I wouldn't recommend loading that cannon onto such a small boat though - regardless of what LEGO might want us to think with their official sets, I'm convinced those big guns are not supposed to be fitted on these babies :pir-wink: Have you considered adding a ship to this wonderful scene?
Currently trimming bangs and slicing scalps in TrumpetKing's CMF Mafia 2 as Melinda Dugan.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#14 Swash Buckler

Swash Buckler

    Posts: 348
    Joined: 01-November 09
    Member: 8048

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:54 AM

View PostTheOtters, on Nov 20 2009, 03:48 AM, said:

Is it going to be a part of Durnovaria? :pir-sweet:

As to this MOC - Swash Buckler, this is one sweet-looking port scene!!! The tan building really helps to get that Spanish look and I also enjoyed the angular side of the fort :) I wouldn't recommend loading that cannon onto such a small boat though - regardless of what LEGO might want us to think with their official sets, I'm convinced those big guns are not supposed to be fitted on these babies :pir-wink: Have you considered adding a ship to this wonderful scene?
Actually i have already added it- checkout the mocpages link- strange that i put only those pics here where that baby cannot be seen- and for that cannon- well to be honest i just added it because it looked good but i don't know where it is going :imperialguard_commander1:  probably it is not the good idea to put that gun in those little boat where it looks to be going now :pir_laugh2:  sorry just accident- originally it was meant to be loaded in that ship that is not seen now :pir-classic:

#15 Captain Blackmoor

Captain Blackmoor
  • Hates Redcoats, likes crab meat


    Posts: 4501
    Joined: 27-September 08
    Member: 4015
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:28 PM

Very nice! I love the crowded look of it. Very realistic. The buildings are great as well, the large tan building and the fortress are my favorites.
I also see a nice large tan barrel in there, from which set is that?
Keep it up! :thumbup:

Sail to My Brickshelf or to My MOCpages, or my Flickr Photostream!




Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines  - Index of helpful tutorials


Avalonia Trading Company


#16 Swash Buckler

Swash Buckler

    Posts: 348
    Joined: 01-November 09
    Member: 8048

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:58 PM

View PostCaptain Blackmoor, on Nov 20 2009, 06:28 PM, said:

Very nice! I love the crowded look of it. Very realistic. The buildings are great as well, the large tan building and the fortress are my favorites.
I also see a nice large tan barrel in there, from which set is that?
Keep it up! :thumbup:
From Cairo ambush- new little but great Indiana Jones- set number 7195- i have two of them- great parts for pirates as well as ww2 and ninjas (it have those arab goons if you know -the raider's of the lost ark) tan barrel is meant to be a big basket....




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links