Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

Take the fighter back to the ship. Tell Cody I've made contact.

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello everyboy!

Finally the week-end has begun, and it's time to have a little fun after a busy week. As BrickShelf is rather slow these days, I've uploaded the new ships early this week. Let's start with a small set this time - Jedi Starfighters. I'd like to present four different types of Jedi Starfighters to you today, two of them (WhiteCloak and Delta-7) are new and are revealed here today. :classic:

jedi-starfighters.jpg

And here's a small summary image before we start that will let you know what's awaiting you. :classic:

jedi-sf.jpg

--------------------

Jedi Starfighters are small, fast and very maneuverable. They're usually not equipped with a hyperdrive, and use external hyperdrive sleds or rings. Often they are stored on large fleet vessels as well. The first Jedi Starfighter we saw appeared in "Attack of the Clones", although such specializes ships have already been in use Prior to the Clone Wars. These days Jedi travelled in so called WhiteCloak Fighters, a colourful modification of the well-known CloakShape Fighter. :classic:

whitecloak-1.jpg

--------------------

Then, in Attack of the Clones we are introduced to the Delta-7 Aethersprite-class Light Interceptor, an arrow-head-shaped starfighter. There is an official mini model of this craft, and I really like the tiny model. That's why I chose a different building approach to avoid overlappings. It features one of my favourite parts, which I usually call "space nose" for obvious reasons. :classic:

delta-7-interceptor-1.jpg

--------------------

In the first Clone Wars TV series, Anakin used his personal modified Delta-7 Interceptor, the Azure Angel. With the additional engines, wings and guns this was quite difficult to design. The result is a tricky combination of studs-up and studs-down. :classic:

anakin-jsf-1.jpg

--------------------

The most popular Jedi Starfighter of these days is introduced in Revenge of the Sith and is named Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor. There is also an official mini model of this class, but I consider this one of the ugliest offical models ever. It's completely out of proportion, and the shape is not correctly either. The first thing was to get a proper cockpit. It's a 1x1 brick with studs on all sides, then there are two trans black 1x1 round plates coated by 1x1 tooth plates in trans-black. The angles are correct, and it features all main and side guns. The only flaw is that you can fold the wings together, but I didn't want to copy the official wing design which is the only nice thing of the offical model. :classic:

jsf-2-1.jpg

--------------------

That is already the end of this short mini set. Thanks for your interest and stepping by!

Have a great week-end everyone! :classic:

~ Christopher

Edited by KimT

They look awesome, like usually.

You are truly the Eurobricks Star Wars-mini's expert!

Very good!

#1 doesn't really do anything for me, but #2 and 3 are great, They remind me of this old space set.

6808-1.jpg

Only becasue of the main nose piece.

Number 4 is spot on too, it really looks like an official mini. Great work!

As always these look amazing. My two favourites are the EPII and EPII starfighters. I really like the use of the "space nose" piece it looks really great.

Keep up the great work! :tongue:

Hello everybody!

Thank you for the comments! I am happy to share with you and I am glad there are several more fans of the space nose piece. :classic: I am aware that the WhiteCloak / CloakShape fighter are less popular as they are not well-known. They're from the expanded universe. The CloakShape fighter appears in the comic series "Dark Empire" for example. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Wow! The white hitch connectors on the EPII fighters is so genious! The last one is cool too, especially with the redone cocpit, it looks way more realistic now :thumbup:

Great work Christopher!

Looks like it was tricky process bulding the Azure Angel especially! I own Dark Empire and really like your take on the CloakShape fighter - it'd be nice to see it in alternate colours too.

...I am glad there are several more fans of the space nose piece.

I used to have loads of those nose pieces, loved 'em as a kid and included 'em in loads of my minis. Don't have so many (if any) now unfortuntely... :hmpf_bad:

Legostein your Minis increase to Amaze me :cry_happy::wub:

I like the first one, but 2, 3 and 4 are the Best!

I Love the Delta-7 and the Azure Angel! :wub:

And the Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor looks like an actual lego mini! :oh:

Great job and looking forward to next weekend! :sweet:

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Hello again!

Thank you again for the kind words. I would have liked to present more to you recently, but unfortunately BrickShelf is giving us a hard time not allowing any new updates for one week now. :sad: I hope they're back up soon, and if not I'll link directly from my homepage. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher