Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Spanish Imperial Galleon - Nuestra Senora de la Concepcion

th_thindexedgif.gif 90d

Captain Green Hair and Bonaparte present:

The Spanish Imperial Galleon Nuestra Señora de la Concepción

Constructed partly in the world famous Amsterdam shipyards of Captain Green Hair and partly in the shipyards of Bonaparte near Antwerp, we are proud to present this international project. We started planning the ship beginning of 2009 at which time we begun buying bricks. As we've used a lot of rare colors it took a bit of time and a many Bricklink orders. All sails and flags are made out of real canvas (no paper) and many meters of rope were consumed for the rigging. On some occasions we enjoyed the assistance of Errorist (a Eurobricks member) and Steven (a friend of Bonaparte).

pic01.jpg

pic02.jpg

pic03.jpg

pic04.jpg

pic05.jpg

pic08.jpg

pic07.jpg

pic06.jpg

pic09.jpg

pic10.jpg

pic11.jpg

pic12.jpg

with-background.jpg

Thanks for looking and for your feedback :classic:

cgh.jpgav-822.png

Oh, this is really pretty. :thumbup::classic:

I'll enjoy the pics a bit more before giving more feedback.

Just wanted to let you know I really like the ship. :sweet:

Kind regards,

Teddy

Very nice creation. The sails sure must have costed some time and effort!

Probably the best hull work I can recall seeing, and the whole ship is excellent.

Did you guys find it easier or more difficult working together?

That is gorgeous! :wub:

I really like the colors, they're quite different. Great work on the sails as well. You can tell that a lot of hard work was put into them.

Awesome work you two. One of the best ships I've seen for sure.

I'll be honest and confess most of this ship was build while drinking beers or suffering from the effects of drinking too much beer :laugh:

Did you guys find it easier or more difficult working together?

We both are quite open to the idea's of each other and most of the time we agreed rather fast for most decisions. Initially we both had different idea's about the color scheme in the side of the ship, so we've trial several versions to see what looks best. We first did the mosaic with yellow/white but that didn't work out well, especially looking at it from a distance, so we moved to the green/white (which was CGH's original idea). We had a lot of fun building this together, it took a bit longer because we sometimes had to wait for many weeks before finding another suitable date.

I'll also post some of the construction pictures in the near future.

Wow! That's amazing!

Not being well versed in ship knowledge I'll simply say that the bow of the ship is amazingly detailed, and all the sail work is fantastic, very intricate indeed. The way you've melded the brickbuilt portions of the ship into the base pieces also works astoundingly. Thanks a heap for posting.

A marvellous teamwork job from you Bonaparte and Captain Green Hair.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Absolutely amazing! What a behemoth! :wub:

I particularly like the angled wall sections of the cabin area as they gently but a little giddily (from a fig's point of view) slope up, and the use of those large cone pieces for lamps - inspired!

I take it this is the project you were having problems finding consistent dark red for? :laugh:

*snip* and the use of those large cone pieces for lamps - inspired!

Credit for the lamp designs goes to Captain Blackmoor. We liked them so much we wouldn't want our ship to be without them.

I take it this is the project you were having problems finding consistent dark red for? :laugh

That's still for another project I'm working on and which has a lot more dark red as this one. But I did replace some dark red parts in this one also to get rid of color inconsistencies. As a matter of fact, I have thrown away a bag of inconsistent reddish brown parts while building this ship. After we'd build the hull, one evening I replaced all the reddish brown parts with color mismatch. Annoying job, bad LEGO company!

Wow, great work you guys! That looks fantastic. :wub: You've used some nice colour variation which makes this stand out from all the plain brown ships we see, and the attention to detail is very fine, particularly with the sails and rigging, and those lovely angled sides. The lanterns are very cool, A nice use of parts there.

I like how the hull has been made particularly, some very fine work there. I'm loving the angling of the sides around the bow too, there some great techniques to be seen all over this creation.

It's great to finally see the finished version of this (Captain Greenhair has talked "quite a bit" about in on MSN :laugh:)

Truly amazing, as one would expect from two such fine ship builders :thumbup: Brilliant shape of the hull, and the rigging, sails and flags really add to the impression. :wub: If only TLG had hired you guys to design the 10210.. then it'd probably cost way too much :tongue:

Wow.

I really like the sloped cabin walls in the back.

The only thing I don't like are the sails. They don't look very Lego-like, though there isn't much you can do when making your own sails. I think they're a little too realistic, compared to the figures.

So much good stuff, its hard to even comment on it.

Steve

I'm sure you guys no where to start, but I have no idea! There are so many details to poor over. There must be a shortage of Jumper bricks on BL at the moment. The rigging and sails are beautiful as with the last Bonaparte vessel. The hull is amazing and flows upwards quite well. The mosiac work on the sides must have taken a lot of 1 x 1 plates, but really lifts the creation. The crew and pig look great.

Any plans to photoshop some backgrounds into the pictures, would really seal the deal.

Just goes to show what a heap of beer can build hey!

Svelte, what's our project going to be to top this?

It's amazing how well the checker pattern stands out considering its simplicity in both color and design. Typically, only ships with brick-built hulls are subject my awe-inspired admiration; this noble lady seems to be a spectacular exception.

I really don't know where to start commenting, but instead I am in awe of this marvellous creation of both you and CGH combined efforts to bring this excellent MOC together. :wub:

This entire MOC is really stunning. Now I wondering whom get to own this ship? I meant displaying it at whose house? :tongue:

I just saw this today for the 1st time. Wow! What an absolutely stunning creation. It's packed with so many details, I don't know which to comment about. Overall, it's fantastic! :thumbup:

Any plans to photoshop some backgrounds into the pictures, would really seal the deal.

Thanks to SlyOwl our ship is now sailing in the Carribean. Thanks a lot SlyOwl for making the pic with the background!

It's amazing how well the checker pattern stands out considering its simplicity in both color and design.

Jup, the checker pattern is for sure one of my favorite details in the ship. It worked out the way we hoped it would.

This entire MOC is really stunning. Now I wondering whom get to own this ship? I meant displaying it at whose house? :tongue:

I'm the lucky one, but as soon as I die the ship goes to Captain Green Hair :pir-laugh:

Wow, this looks really good. Did you use regular boat hull pieces at all? I can't tell if you did or not, but it looks great. I really like the coloring on the sides and the back of it looks really impressive.

I can't exactly put my finger on why but it looks different from regular ships, a bit more real maybe?

Outstanding job, the rope work is equally amazing. :thumbup:

:pir-cry_happy: WONDERFUL beauty for a ship- excellent work-:pir-wub: only thing could be better is not to use non-official legoparts but still it is not your fault that lego haven't done enough accessories and Brickforge is good for that though- nice rigging i couldn't have enough patience to knot so many ropes -but it sure looks good :pir-blush: The name is same as "Cacafuego's" so i think you know pretty much about pirate history...

I can say this is the best Lego-made ship I've ever seen. guys. Absolutely magnificent job! :pir-cry_happy: The detail level, just as dimensions and of course all the sails are wonderful. Without doubt this one's going to become a classic of this forum and Classic-pirates. A big BRAVO! :thumbup:

Jup, the checker pattern is for sure one of my favorite details in the ship. It worked out the way we hoped it would.

An instant eye catcher indeed. But the whole shape of the ship looks really good and it has just the right amount of details and the sails look excellent. Great team effort!

And why isn't this front-paged yet on EB and/or classic-pirates.com? I can understand you're not going to blog your own creation, but is the rest of the crew sleeping? :pir-tongue:

Edited by Rick

Boney and CGH you already know my opinion :pir-wink:

This ship is the best creation on prefabs that I have ever seen and I can't wait to see her again IRL.

The photos are really good and they do the ship justice. Your setup really payed off Boney :thumbup:

Greetings Errorist

To be honest, this is one of the nicest ships I've ever seen. The colours are beautiful and the lines and proportions are perfect. The sails look excellent, the rigging is obviously very carefully put together and the crew looks brilliant too. I had only seen some preliminary shots before today, but it looks so much better now than it did when it only had one side. :pir-tongue:

Great creation guys, this one deserves a big fat blogged.png