Lego Board Games?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nightshroud99

Nightshroud99

Member: 7668

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:24 PM

Can someone please tell me why the LEGO board games, such as Creationary, are not available in the U.S. Why is this and will they be released here?  :sceptic:  I really want to get some of them.
My YouTube Channel! 20,000 subscribers and growing! I review LEGO!
http://www.youtube.c...r/Nightshroud99

#2 Tereglith

Tereglith

• My toothbrush plays the SW theme.

Member: 7783

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:32 PM

Um... I've got three Lego board games (Creationary, Creator, and Racers) about twelve feet away from me right now... in Florida.. :sceptic:

Maybe you're not looking the right places? Or perhaps you're talking about the board games that were released in Europe this year (like Race 3000, Minotaurus, and Luna Command) whic will come out in the US sometime next year.

Check out my 10188-Death-Star-Scale ships!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Spyder

Spyder

• Minifig Identikit

Member: 5419

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:53 PM

I'm kinda mad about this. I sure hope the games are released next year in the US, cause I just gotta get that Monster 4 game. I was ok with some of the Advent calenders not being available in the States, but if we don't get these games, that's too far.
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." -Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight

Long Live The Nizam!

Quoting Charlieboy:

Be carefull playing lego in the nude,those small parts can get everywhere!!!

#4 toatali

toatali

Member: 7011

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:00 PM

I hope the states will get them soon, because they really are great.
Posted Image

http://toatali.blogspot.co.uk/- for all your anime reviews

#5 Nightshroud99

Nightshroud99

Member: 7668

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:31 PM

View PostTereglith, on Nov 1 2009, 05:32 PM, said:

Um... I've got three Lego board games (Creationary, Creator, and Racers) about twelve feet away from me right now... in Florida.. :sceptic:

Maybe you're not looking the right places? Or perhaps you're talking about the board games that were released in Europe this year (like Race 3000, Minotaurus, and Luna Command) whic will come out in the US sometime next year.

Really, because there not on LEGO.com and I don't have a LEGO store near me so I can't check there.
My YouTube Channel! 20,000 subscribers and growing! I review LEGO!
http://www.youtube.c...r/Nightshroud99

#6 Joebot

Joebot

• Mayor of Fluxington

Member: 1014

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:45 PM

View PostNightshroud99, on Nov 1 2009, 02:24 PM, said:

Can someone please tell me why the LEGO board games, such as Creationary, are not available in the U.S. Why is this and will they be released here?  :sceptic:  I really want to get some of them.

The boardgame industry (my other hobby) is largely dominated by European companies (mostly German). The games come out in Europe, and if they're successful, an American publisher will buy the rights to publish the games in the U.S. My assumption is that these Lego boardgames are following the same typical distribution pattern as other non-Lego boardgames.

It's a different pattern then a typical Lego set, which often gets simultaneous worldwide distribution. Boardgames rarely work like that. It would be awesome if they did, because I HATE reading about some awesome new boardgame that just came out in Germany, then having to wait 9 months go get a copy. That's just the way it goes though.

#7 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:59 PM

What he said, plus bricklink is only a click away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users