Aliencat

MOC: Escape from Planet Monday

Named after the awesome album I was listening to while building this, and I feel that title conveys some of the mundanity in this scene.

thumbmonday.jpg

Yeah I know, it's mundane, welcome to Planet Monday.

Check out all the photos on MOCpages and Brickshelf (when public).

(some of you may have seen this on display at LEGO World already, I was unable to take pictures of it before LEGO World, because I finished this at 2:30 am the night before the event started ;))

Hello there!

This scene is living! :sweet: You can really feel the movement everywhere when regarding the images. A perfect snapshot of city life.

The creation itself is most impressive. Multi-layered layouts are difficult to realize and need vast amounts of bricks. I can only guess how many bricks those are. :wink: I furthermore think that those uncountable little details add as much to piece count as well as to the perfection of the scene. The fence at the descent for example, using cones and bars with clip as pillar, immediately caught my eye. And there are many many more things yet to discover. :classic:

A pleasure to look at!

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

Brilliant!

Gotta run now, but I'll check out all the details once I get back home... All I can say for now is that if this one weren't so mundane (riiiight) and/or had KimT's running around the place, it would make a brilliant Christmas diorama like the ones they sell in Department 56, especially with (and mostly because of) the subway below. Oh well. Guess I'm slowly starting to get that Christmas mood, just in time for it to wear off the night _before_ Christmas, as usual.

Anyway. Will be back, to rant more. For now - luv it!

Edit: Took out the "you're so brilliant I almost hate you" part. Figured not everyone would enjoy my idiotic sense of humour :P

Edited by TheOtters

Wow, does the subway actually go through the tunnel all the way around? That is so well laid out, LEGO should see it and go damn, we should have made this set.

Seriously great work man! The detailing and math behind thisis great, I'd love to see the under supports if you ever take it apart.

I've been following the WIP on LowLUG. The end result is definitely impressive. I would have preferred to have the metro fully underground, i.e. have the street continue above the station... but that's a matter of taste: this looks great as well.

Thanks for the great replies everyone :)

Wow, does the subway actually go through the tunnel all the way around?

Yessir, here's a video of it:

Youtube link

Seriously great work man! The detailing and math behind thisis great, I'd love to see the under supports if you ever take it apart.

The under supports aren't very exciting. Here's a picture from the WIP process:

Brickshelf link

The foundations on this city must have been layed a long time ago... it looks like there's Egyptian Heiroglyphs in the subway tunnel!

Astounding work on this, the train is just icing on the cake.

Fantastic! Just a great street scape all around. I particularly love your use of color - nothing looks brand new, yet nothing looks particularly dilapidated. It's just a regular old city showing its age. The dark blue building is a particularly nice touch.

Also, that Mustang looks strangely familiar. :wink:

Thanks for the great replies! :)

Tereglith, you're right haha, I hadn't noticed that.

Also, that Mustang looks strangely familiar. :wink:

Awesome, that one was yours! :D I had seen it before but couldn't remember who made it.

Mine is a wee bit different, but diffinately greatly inspired by yours, awesome model dude!

I filled in your name in the blank I had for it on the MOCpage :)

I like your story when you say you finished it during the last night before the show.

Sounds cool to have it done few hours before the deadline.

It is gorgeous. The subway video is awesome. Beautiful work!

FANTASTIC :thumbup:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Interesting look on the foundation as well. Not sure if I'd use monorail supports for keeping up that weight, but instead use the same technique used in the 7905 crane, which is extremely rugged and solid, without being heavy on the brick-supply.

I am loss for words! :wub:

This is one incredible modular display that you have over there, and I particularly adore how you integrate the subway together in this layout! Plain amazing! :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I am pleased to let you know it has been blogged in Classic-Town.net.

Ay Carumba, that's amazing!! How do you have the time?? Where do you get the bricks??? How do you have room? (Goes and fiddles listlessly with pitifully small Lego collection...)

This is so beautifully done. All the more so since it is done using road plates! I have not often seen such detailed "underground" without resorting to brick-built roads.

OK, now I'm back and I've been staring at this for the last 15 minutes. You know what, Sebastian... I'm speechless. :X Guide me master :vader:

Awesome MOC :thumbup: :thumbup:

It is really brilliant!

I especially love the Subway system :wub:

Amazing and unique. I love everything in this MOC. In fact I'm working on something similar only using a few own MOC buildings plus Green Grocer and Cafe Corner build upon a monorail tunnel with underground station. But I can't even to begin to come close to this.

Amazing and unique. I love everything in this MOC. In fact I'm working on something similar only using a few own MOC buildings plus Green Grocer and Cafe Corner build upon a monorail tunnel with underground station. But I can't even to begin to come close to this.

Sounds good, be sure to post it on EB when you're done.