EB Community Star Wars Build

306 replies to this topic

#226 Pellaeon

Pellaeon

Member: 5547

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:12 AM

I put together a racquetball court. I don't have a spot yet, so you can put it where ever -- maybe Room 22 on Venator 2, so it's near the bathrooms, arcade, and training rooms? I pity the Jedi in Room 21 though, sandwiched between a turbolaser and a racquetball court... he should ask for a different room.  :tongue:

Posted Image

Edited by Pellaeon, 16 January 2010 - 07:17 AM.

Pellaeon
Select works:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#227 RileyC

RileyC

• >-- Stupid Cupid --> <3

Member: 5251

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:23 AM

View PostPellaeon, on Jan 16 2010, 07:12 PM, said:

I pity the Jedi in Room 21 though, sandwiched between a turbolaser and a racquetball court... he should ask for a different room.  :tongue:
Nah Im fine. The constant racquet (yes I worked a pun in there) from the raquetball court will be soothing :tongue:.
My entry is coming along quite nicely. I have built it a few times trying to make it better and fiddling with it on the LDD.

Formerly gone by the name of "Roncanator"

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Playing as Yasuko a Model in Yakusa Family Mafia
Played as Rickety Cannon a Town Nerd in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum II: Fraulein Bloodbrick Mafia
Played as Ruxana a Town Pilot in Baritones 3 Mafia
Played as Roweena Karnata a Town Guard General turned Dark One in The Coming Darkness Mafystery
Played as Cookie Custer an Insane from Spider Ward in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum Mafia
Played as Ron Canter a Town Folk turned Noodles Family in Eurodina Mafia
Played as Todd "Bulltoad" Bulstrode an Innocent from Slytherin in Hogwarts Mafia
Played as Ron Callister a Sane Pilot in Dystopia Mafia
Played as Ron Toreil an Honoured soldier in Imperial Soldier's Mafia

#228 Jammiedodger

Jammiedodger

• Halfway through Englishman

Member: 3865

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:20 PM

Great room Pellaeon! I like the technigue for making the lines on the ground. :thumbup:

#229 pedro

pedro

• Crazy Junction Master

Member: 1364

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:14 PM

View PostPellaeon, on Jan 16 2010, 07:12 AM, said:

I pity the Jedi in Room 21 though, sandwiched between a turbolaser and a racquetball court... he should ask for a different room.
Haha! The turbolaser is huge too! My module(s) pretty much finished, just need to borrow camera to get some shots. :sweet:

#230 The Legonater

The Legonater

• Can NOT Ctrl + Alt + Delete the Past

Member: 8515

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:13 PM

View PostEskallon, on Jan 14 2010, 02:08 AM, said:

Added. The room you just chose is 16X16

Hold on, how tall to these have to be?

Memory is the Key

A Christian and not ashamed.

Posted Image
Dyric Rone, Assassin of the Light

Level 28 1/3 Assassin

Theodor Legion, 73 year old ex-Bonaparte in Cruel Angel's Thesis

#231 Eskallon

Eskallon

• Plays with His Ponies in the Corner of His Exploding Glass House

Member: 4444

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:27 PM

About 6 or 7 bricks high.

Good luck to everyone and the index will be updated shortly. (tommorrow)

#232 CaptainRex110

CaptainRex110

Member: 6161

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:57 AM

Hey, I would love to participate in this! Can you sign me up for rooms 5 and 6 on Venator 1 as the engine room?  :thumbup:

Also, since those are interior rooms, can all four of the walls be light gray? Thanks.  :classic:

- CaptainRex110

Edited by CaptainRex110, 18 January 2010 - 07:58 AM.

#233 Mraz Skintas

Mraz Skintas

Member: 5865

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:25 AM

Yes, CaptainRex110,  I'm sure you are aloud to make all the walls light grey, escpecially if you don't have enough to make one dark grey. I'm pretty sure though, that since they are interior, you're fine either way..... Well I made all light grey walls, with a dark grey trim, for my entry.

-'Skintas

Posted Image

-'Skintas

#234 greenskull139

greenskull139

Member: 8428

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:24 PM

Hmmmm.... hey Eskallon, I just noticed you said it should be six or seven bricks high. Is ten or nine ok?. And does it count for hight if its using a Technic, Liftarm 1 x 11.5 Double Bent Thick that stretches across? I don't have to use it if I can't.

#235 Eskallon

Eskallon

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:48 PM

View PostCaptainRex110, on Jan 18 2010, 06:57 AM, said:

Hey, I would love to participate in this! Can you sign me up for rooms 5 and 6 on Venator 1 as the engine room?  :thumbup:

Also, since those are interior rooms, can all four of the walls be light gray? Thanks.  :classic:

View PostMraz'Skintas, on Jan 18 2010, 08:25 AM, said:

Yes, CaptainRex110,  I'm sure you are aloud to make all the walls light grey, escpecially if you don't have enough to make one dark grey. I'm pretty sure though, that since they are interior, you're fine either way..... Well I made all light grey walls, with a dark grey trim, for my entry.

I have added you and Mraz Skintas is right, yes they can be all light grey as they are interior rooms.

View Postgreenskull139, on Jan 18 2010, 04:24 PM, said:

Hmmmm.... hey Eskallon, I just noticed you said it should be six or seven bricks high. Is ten or nine ok?. And does it count for hight if its using a Technic, Liftarm 1 x 11.5 Double Bent Thick that stretches across? I don't have to use it if I can't.

Nine or ten is fine, whatever is fine within reason. So yes go ahead, good luck with the entry.

#236 Pellaeon

Pellaeon

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:01 PM

View PostRoncanator, on Jan 15 2010, 10:23 PM, said:

Nah Im fine. The constant racquet (yes I worked a pun in there) from the raquetball court will be soothing :tongue:.
My entry is coming along quite nicely. I have built it a few times trying to make it better and fiddling with it on the LDD.
Well I certainly approve of puns!  :laugh:  I guess the neighbors don't mind, so can you put my Racquetball Court in Room 22 of Venator 2, Eskallon? Thanks!
Pellaeon
Select works:

#237 Oky

Oky

• I am O-ky, English-German relations

Member: 2028

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:21 PM

Yay! That leaves only two more rooms to fill on Venator 2! :sweet: May I be so greedy to request room 37 as a Shield Generator Room? :grin: That would leave only one more room to fill!
I hope Jammiedodger gets his medical bay done soon or else our clones will start dying left and right. :look: And my clones REALLY have to go, so if you could get the bathrooms done soon as well, JD, it would be most appreciated. :grin:
I'm also looking forward to Forresto's detention block and everyone else's entries as well!
Oh, and very nice racquetball court, Pellaeon! It looks just like the one in my gym!

Let's show those Pirates whose community build is superior! :vader:

#238 Jammiedodger

Jammiedodger

• Halfway through Englishman

Member: 3865

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:25 PM

View PostOky Wan Kenobi, on Jan 18 2010, 08:21 PM, said:

I hope Jammiedodger gets his medical bay done soon or else our clones will start dying left and right. :look: And my clones REALLY have to go, so if you could get the bathrooms done soon as well, JD, it would be most appreciated. :grin:

My toilets are already filled up with my troops anyway, sorry. :tongue:

There are three layers of light grey on my Toilet entry. Is that okay? I have no idea where the other dark grey bricks have gone...

#239 brickme

brickme

• Dead Messenger

Member: 6489

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:39 PM

View PostOky Wan Kenobi, on Jan 18 2010, 02:21 PM, said:

Let's show those Pirates whose community build is superior! :vader:
No no my young apprentice you still have much to learn ye scallywag. EVERYBODY knows which is superior. :pir-classic:

Any way I might sign up for a bar again. I love bars.
The next AA member brickme
"A lie is a lie. Just because they write it down and call it history doesn't make it the truth. We live in a world where seeing is not believing, and everything you know is wrong." -Woods
Playing as Louis Harrison, a Police Officer in Bob's Red Scare Mystery.

#240 Oky

Oky

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:58 PM

I'm just going to ignore that blasphemy, brickme. :sadnew:

View PostJammiedodger714, on Jan 18 2010, 12:25 PM, said:

There are three layers of light grey on my Toilet entry. Is that okay? I have no idea where the other dark grey bricks have gone...
If you wouldn't have wrote "entry" at the end of that first sentence, it would have sounded very weird. :tongue:  Anyway, I'm sure that's fine. As for your dark grey bricks, you might want to consider taking apart some of your old MOCs such as your prievious entries here, your CW vignettes, your Republic Base, or some old brickfilm scenes. :wink:

#241 Eskallon

Eskallon

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:18 PM

View PostJammiedodger714, on Jan 18 2010, 07:25 PM, said:

Yap fine like Oky said.

View Postbrickme, on Jan 18 2010, 07:39 PM, said:

No no my young apprentice you still have much to learn ye scallywag. EVERYBODY knows which is superior. :pir-classic:

NO NO NO :grin:  Star Wars minifigs would just get in there starfighters and activite shields before balsting the old men to bits :tongue:  It goes in this order:

1.Star Wars :vader:
2.Harry Potter :wub:
3.Pirates :pir-wub:
4.Castle :knight:
5.Town :classic:

Anyway guys lets all "Stay On Target"

Edited by Eskallon, 18 January 2010 - 09:20 PM.

#242 pedro

pedro

• Crazy Junction Master

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:53 PM

Added a WIP version of my module(s) to the entry thread. Hope it's suitable defense for our Venator! Will continue tweaking, should be complete soon.

Posted Image

#243 Pellaeon

Pellaeon

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:26 AM

View Postpedro, on Jan 19 2010, 09:53 AM, said:

Added a WIP version of my module(s) to the entry thread. Hope it's suitable defense for our Venator! Will continue tweaking, should be complete soon.

Your turbolaser is looking fantastic, pedro, I'm very impressed.  I love all the greebles, the design on the walls, with the slopes and dark gray stripe leading up to the emergency lights, and your technique for the gun itself (nice use of the 1x1 round plate with hole, btw). I can see you've got a few filler pieces in there, but it's easy to imagine what it'll look like once you get all the parts you need. A couple points, though:

1. Where is the gun mounted? If it's attached in the middle of the base, the gun will have a pretty limited range of motion. I realize you're stuck with an outside wall that's 16 studs wide, but the closer the pivot point is to that outer wall, the greater the gun's firing arc will be. The cannon will start to look unbalanced if you shift it too far that way, but it's something to keep in mind.

2. The cones on the end make it look like a drill bit. An awesome, greebly drill bit, but still. I think it needs to look more like a cannon with a traditional barrel, and not something that tapers to such a fine point like that. After all, the Separatists will only see the "business end" of our turbolasers, so we want something that'll scare the socks off them -- if battle droids wore socks! :laugh:

Can't wait to see the final product!  :thumbup:
Pellaeon
Select works:

#244 MeuLeu

MeuLeu

Member: 8533

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:32 PM

Hi all,

This is my WIP for the Room 25 - venator 1 : Gunner Placements

Posted Image

Posted Image

the color of some parts is not final, as the orange cannon.
----------------------------------------

I have some question about the wall color.
Posted Image
walls marked with a green arrow should be dark gray? and the last one light gray?

All comment are welcome.
Posted Image
BrickShelf Gallery: here
Brickset : My collection

#245 The Legonater

The Legonater

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:51 PM

I can't upload the pictures! help please?

Memory is the Key

Posted Image

Level 28 1/3 Assassin

#246 Oky

Oky

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:14 PM

View PostEskallon, on Jan 18 2010, 01:18 PM, said:

1.Star Wars :vader:
2.Harry Potter :wub:
3.Pirates :pir-wub:
4.Castle :knight:
5.Town :classic:
Squeeze Toy Story in there somewhere at the top, and I'll agree with that. :grin: But yeah, let's stay on-topic.

View Postpedro, on Jan 19 2010, 10:53 AM, said:

That looks great, pedro! :thumbup: I was hoping for a movie accurate version, but this is good too. I'm loving the design of the walls and all the greebles everywhere. However, I agree with the two points Pellaeon mentioned. You should definitely loose the cone.

View PostMeuLeu, on Jan 20 2010, 09:32 AM, said:

This is my WIP for the Room 25 - venator 1 : Gunner Placements
That looks very interesting, MeuLeu. Obviously it'll look much better when the barrel is grey too. I would remove the cone at the front since it makes the barrel look like a jet engine. I would also take away those black wing pieces. They make the whole cannon look weird and almost like a bad-guy weapon. :sceptic: Otherwise great work! :thumbup:

View PostMeuLeu, on Jan 20 2010, 09:32 AM, said:

Posted Image
walls marked with a green arrow should be dark gray? and the last one light gray?
Yes, that's what the rules state. However, it's OK apparently to have a little bit of a different color in there if you don't have enough bricks. :wink:

View PostThe Legonater, on Jan 20 2010, 11:51 AM, said:

I can't upload the pictures! help please?
Have you checked here? :wink:

My Hair Salon is almost done and will be posted soon!

@ Eskalion: In case you haven't noticed, my Droid Repair Bay is Done. :wink: Also, the list of rooms in the Entry Thread needs some updating. You may want to have the list in one thread only so that you don't have to always update two of them.

#247 pedro

pedro

• Crazy Junction Master

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:31 PM

Cheers for the feedback lads!

View PostOky Wan Kenobi, on Jan 22 2010, 08:14 PM, said:

I was hoping for a movie accurate version, but this is good too... However, I agree with the two points Pellaeon mentioned. You should definitely loose the cone.
Actually this is based on the Venator's turbolaser as it appears in Revenge of the Sith. I worked closely to the picture below and other reference to get it to look right - down to the 3 panelled controls! Obviously the proportions have had to be tweaked a bit to get it working within the limitations but I felt it was looking pretty close.

Posted Image

In answer to Pellaeon's and your points:
  • The gun is mounted directly to the hull, as seen in the image with only the smallest of vertical movement available. The Venator must position itself to allow the best angle for attack, similar to lining up the broadsides in naval combat of old.
  • The cone end isn't quite right, as you've pointed out. I wasn't sure of it myself, so thanks for helping me on that one! I'll figure out something better for the end.  :wink:
Thanks again for your comments. Will most likely have the finished batteries done soon.

#248 Eskallon

Eskallon

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:40 PM

@ Oky: Thanks for anwering the questions made by others :thumbup:

@ everyone: Sorry this week I have been behind on this, I have had a busy week. Even whenever I have been on here at the same time I have been doing something else. :classic:

#249 The Legonater

The Legonater

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:04 AM

View Postpedro, on Jan 22 2010, 03:31 PM, said:

<br />Cheers for the feedback lads!<br /><br /><br />Actually this <i>is</i> based on the Venator's turbolaser as it appears in <i>Revenge of the Sith. </i>I worked closely to the picture below and other reference to get it to look right

I noticed. That is really good. if you too out the cone, it would be the spitting image.

Memory is the Key

Posted Image

Level 28 1/3 Assassin

#250 ILikePi

ILikePi

Member: 5159

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:13 AM

View Postpedro, on Jan 19 2010, 09:53 AM, said:

Wow! Your creations always never cease to amaze me, pedro! Lots of greebles and details on the laser and the room itself! :wub:

Great racquetball court Pellaeon! The use of SNOT for the floor is simple but effective. :thumbup:

Find out more about me on my WIP About Me page!
Latest LDD model: 7263 Temple Escape - Flickr - Brickshelf - My Collection (Brickset)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users