It was early morning, and the light was just beginning to get brighter when Admiral Mallory left his rooms for the final time. From the opposite side of the hall, a shadowy figure watched him go.
The Admiral made his way around the upper gallery of the grand hall, on his way to the rooms of one of the castle residents.
Unknown to him, however, a shadowy figure quietly followed behind.
The Admiral turned to the right down a corridor with only one door partway down. He didn't have much time, dawn was fast approaching.
Reaching the door, he peered through the window, and reached for the handle to open it.
Just then, he heard a noise behind him. Startled, he turned.
"Good morning Admiral", grinned a robbed figure.
"Not you!", the Admiral gasped. "Surely we have killed all of your kind already?"
"Apparently not", hissed the robbed figure. "You may have killed my fellows but I am still left, and as long as here is one of us our cause lives on."
"You'll never take me alive!", shouted the Admiral angrily as he raised his hook in defiance.
"Fair enough", agreed the robbed figure, and lopped off his head.
With the carried moment of his swing, the head flew straight out into the hall.
The robbed figure walked away, satisfied that it had begun its revenge of its colleagues. A bloody head and a decapitated body lay a silent testament to the ever present evil that still lurked in the castle.
Not long after, when the sun was shining brightly through the high windows of the grand hall, the residents of the castle once again gathered to hear the news and continue their quest to purge the castle of the evil Dragons.
Once everyone had gathered, the King made his morning announcements.
"Fellow citizens, once again tragedy has struck during a victory for us. Last night Richard the guard was executed below in the dungeons, and my people were happy to report today that after a through search of his rooms he has been found to be a traitorous Dragon. I congratulate you on your fine work. However, last night, our dear Admiral Mallory was brutally murdered while out searching for signs of Dragons. His decapitated head is what we see before us. My people have informed me that he was most definitely a loyal Citizen, and will be sorely missed by all.
Resigned to the fact that they would have to vote yet another person to go to their death, the citizens reluctantly resumed their discussions once more.
A majority vote of 4 is required to convict.
Rules of Play
This game will follow the basic conventions of a Mafia Game. Each "day", you will be given 4 real days in which to vote for someone to kill. The day will end as soon as a majority decision is reached, or when the 4 days are up. If someone has been convicted, you will find out their loyalty shortly after end of the day. After this a night phase will begin, which will last 2 real days. Then the cycle will repeat. Those players with night actions must PM them to me during the night phase. If I do not receive them within the two days, they will not be counted.
- There will be two main sides in the game. Your winning criteria will be included with your character PM.
- Voting is to be done in the day thread, and should follow the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Please note the use of bold. This is the only format that will be accepted. To unvote someone, the same applies: Unvote: Character (Player).
- You may not edit your posts. Violation of this rule may result in a moderator kill.
- Please avoid posting out of character in the game thread.
- Do not ever directly quote something the game moderator has sent to you via PM, whether it be your character information, night action results, or any other form of communication. Violation of this rule will result in a moderator kill. You may of course paraphrase any information you receive; if it is your own words then it is fine.
- Do not discuss game tactics or "play the game" outside the game thread, including in the General Discussion thread. You may communicate privately via PM, but this is at your own risk, and should be considered part of playing the game.
- Please be considerate towards the host. I will try my best to stick to the schedule, and your cooperation will help this greatly, particularly getting night actions in promptly.
- Sudden Death rules, as outlined in your roles, will only apply on certain nights. You will be informed of this in the final post of the day. A day in which no conviction is reached will definitely result in a sudden death night.
Characters and Players
Ambassador Ralf Simnel played by Quarryman
Hugh (Servant) played by WhiteFang
Peter (Servant) played by Darth_Legois
Agnes (Maid) played by Striker
Nicholas (Guard) played by professor flitwick
Chef Walter played by JimButcher
Ethel (Maid) played by Adam (Citizen): Convicted, Day 1
Lord William Harcourt played by Hinckley (Neutral): Convicted, Day 2
Gilbert (Guard) played by General Armendariz (Citizen): Killed, Night 2
Ambassador Sirion Vipont played by ImperialShadows (Citizen): Convicted, Day 3
Countess Margaret Durville played by TinyPiesRUs (Citizen): Killed, Night 3
Lady Beatrice Harcourt played by Zepher (Dragon): Convicted, Day 4
Duchess Juliana Dufay played by Alice (Citizen): Killed, Night 4
Simon (Librarian) played by I Scream Clone (Dragon): Convicted, Day 5
Lady Rohesia Papelion played by Sandy (Citizen): Killed, Night 5
Lord Edward Griffin played by Stash2sixx (Dragon): Convicted, Day 6 - Escaped
Francis the Friar played by Svelte (Citizen): Killed, Night 6
Captain Geoffrey played by Escape the Fate (Citizen): Convicted, Day 7
Lieutenant Victor played by Bob the construction man (Citizen): Killed, Night 7
Richard (Guard) played by Ricecracker (Dragon): Convicted, Day 8
Admiral Thomas Mallory played by Sir Dillon (Citizen): Killed, Night 8