Jump to content


MOC Pirate Ship: The Black Heart Galleon


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic  – Started by Angel , Oct 17 2009 03:13 AM

#26 Angel

Angel

    Posts: 35
    Joined: 15-October 09
    Member: 7852
    Country: United States

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:42 AM

View Postcurtisrlee, on Oct 22 2009, 09:23 PM, said:

In my world, thats called AWESOME!, FANTASTIC!, WHOA!   :pir-wink:

Thanks Curt! I think i did it everyone. I went back to plan A and may of been able to repair the ship. Some parts i couldn't find where they went but it was extremely minor and not noticeable on the ship. As long as i can use the darn thing and stick to the way it origianally was, it doesn't have to look perfect. I'll post some pics in a sec. It's in my room and there's no sun so the pics won't be perfect.

#27 Angel

Angel

    Posts: 35
    Joined: 15-October 09
    Member: 7852
    Country: United States

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:07 AM

Okay here's the repair pics!  :pir-cry_happy:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

SOME of the walls were still intact, and when i went to look at some of my pics from the video, i could spot the lego pieces easily on the walls. So they REALLY helped or, this would of been impossible. I think i know where the remains go, which are actually suppose to go behind the cabin side doors that open. Other than that...I can resume the first plan tomorrow. Whew!

#28 Ryan_T

Ryan_T
  • Captain Blue Hair is the best!


    Posts: 368
    Joined: 13-November 08
    Member: 4368
    Country: The US of A.

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:14 AM

View PostAngel, on Oct 22 2009, 11:07 PM, said:

Okay here's the repair pics!  :pir-cry_happy:
Good job repairing her! Would be a shame to have lost it so early.. Try not to let it fall this time.  :pir-tongue: get some string and attach it to some sturdy parts of the ship and tie the other end to the wall or table, that might help in case it starts to fall..  :pir-wink:

Anyway, Very cool ship... SOOOOO much better then what I could ever do with a ship. mine would end up looking like a ship wreck more then a ship.  :pir-grin:

"However that doesn't stop them from taking their characters pants off and running around the city!"

- JTaylor



"I have one question myself Admiral, what is a spanker? it sounds like a terrible device!"
-Admiral Ron


#29 Angel

Angel

    Posts: 35
    Joined: 15-October 09
    Member: 7852
    Country: United States

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:25 AM

View PostRyan_T, on Oct 22 2009, 10:14 PM, said:

Good job repairing her! Would be a shame to have lost it so early.. Try not to let it fall this time.  :pir-tongue: get some string and attach it to some sturdy parts of the ship and tie the other end to the wall or table, that might help in case it starts to fall..  :pir-wink:

Anyway, Very cool ship... SOOOOO much better then what I could ever do with a ship. mine would end up looking like a ship wreck more then a ship.  :pir-grin:

Thanks Ryan! Well, the ship is originally built for Episode 3 of my Stop Motion Series. I need to make a board for my videos else where as here isn't the right place i don't think. You're right though Ryan, i'd prefer some sort of clear string or something so it doesn't show, but i don't have any. All my string is the original black lego strings. If i use that it'll show. I'll know what to do tomorrow though when the sun comes up this time. Sticking a block underneath the ship should prevent it from tilting over again. ^^

#30 Ryan_T

Ryan_T
  • Captain Blue Hair is the best!


    Posts: 368
    Joined: 13-November 08
    Member: 4368
    Country: The US of A.

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:44 AM

View PostAngel, on Oct 22 2009, 10:25 PM, said:

i'd prefer some sort of clear string or something so it doesn't show, but i don't have any. All my string is the original black lego strings. If i use that it'll show. I'll know what to do tomorrow though when the sun comes up this time. Sticking a block underneath the ship should prevent it from tilting over again. ^^
Well, Try going to Target or someplace that would have fishing line, its strong and is clear. it might still show up, but not as much. As any string would show up.

"However that doesn't stop them from taking their characters pants off and running around the city!"

- JTaylor



"I have one question myself Admiral, what is a spanker? it sounds like a terrible device!"
-Admiral Ron


#31 Angel

Angel

    Posts: 35
    Joined: 15-October 09
    Member: 7852
    Country: United States

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:11 AM

View PostRyan_T, on Oct 22 2009, 11:44 PM, said:

Well, Try going to Target or someplace that would have fishing line, its strong and is clear. it might still show up, but not as much. As any string would show up.


Ok :)

#32 gogobig

gogobig

    Posts: 206
    Joined: 08-March 08
    Member: 2857
    Country: USA baby!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:13 AM

Angel, wow man congratulations on making such a beauty. I truly enjoyed your slideshow. What was the most difficult part to build for you? I just ordered my parts for 3 ships Im building; not as huge as your but still decent size. Is it just me or there really is something special about making your own MOCs? haha
Only God will judge me

#33 Angel

Angel

    Posts: 35
    Joined: 15-October 09
    Member: 7852
    Country: United States

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:41 AM

View Postgogobig, on Oct 23 2009, 12:13 AM, said:

Angel, wow man congratulations on making such a beauty. I truly enjoyed your slideshow. What was the most difficult part to build for you? I just ordered my parts for 3 ships Im building; not as huge as your but still decent size. Is it just me or there really is something special about making your own MOCs? haha

Hey gogobig! lol i like that name. I appreciate your comments. I think the most difficult part was the lower cabin and side doors. I feared my black pieces weren't going to make it, until i dissembled the upper cabin the first time it was created. This helped me out ALOT and actually allowed me to complete the larger lower cabin, and new, re-built upper cabin (larger). When you complete your ships, i'd love to see them! I don't know, but when you're creating your own MOC, it's fun. Because there's no instructions, and everything gets put into place by YOU. Your choices in every spot. To me, color is very important while building your own pirate ship. Build a ship with all of the lego colors at once, and you have a pirate ship that looks like it was processed at the Skittles factory. I have a thing for black/brown/dark grey pirate ships. :0) I'm trying to make unique stop motion videos very different from everyone else. Not a video with your usual male hero, and using the saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame background music, that POTC theme over and OVER....People like to see action, drama, comedy, and last but not least, things get blown up (destruction). I had a pirate ship get destoyed in one of my vids. It was two Brickbeard's Bounties infused together named "Jhaira's Bounty". LOL 6 hours of building fun, only to get blown up in a video in about a minute. ^_____^

#34 Ryan_T

Ryan_T
  • Captain Blue Hair is the best!


    Posts: 368
    Joined: 13-November 08
    Member: 4368
    Country: The US of A.

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:51 AM

View PostAngel, on Oct 23 2009, 02:41 AM, said:

LOL 6 hours of building fun, only to get blown up in a video in about a minute. ^_____^
Blown up? What do you mean?

"However that doesn't stop them from taking their characters pants off and running around the city!"

- JTaylor



"I have one question myself Admiral, what is a spanker? it sounds like a terrible device!"
-Admiral Ron


#35 Angel

Angel

    Posts: 35
    Joined: 15-October 09
    Member: 7852
    Country: United States

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:07 AM

View PostRyan_T, on Oct 23 2009, 02:51 AM, said:

Blown up? What do you mean?


The way i was saying it is, the character you see in my icon with black hair is Jhaira. She used her mechanical arm to launch missiles and destroy her ship. Then retired from being a pirate captain, because the girl with the blonde hair (Sera) rescued her. ..........................This is why i need to make a board to show you guys the two episodes that currently exist. They're 10 minutes long each. A fair length in time. I didn't want to make it yet til i have at least Episode 3 complete, which is currently under development.

#36 Ryan_T

Ryan_T
  • Captain Blue Hair is the best!


    Posts: 368
    Joined: 13-November 08
    Member: 4368
    Country: The US of A.

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:27 AM

View PostAngel, on Oct 23 2009, 03:07 AM, said:

The way i was saying it is, the character you see in my icon with black hair is Jhaira. She used her mechanical arm to launch missiles and destroy her ship. Then retired from being a pirate captain, because the girl with the blonde hair (Sera) rescued her. ..........................This is why i need to make a board to show you guys the two episodes that currently exist. They're 10 minutes long each. A fair length in time. I didn't want to make it yet til i have at least Episode 3 complete, which is currently under development.
I have my own forum, It has a brickfilm cat., I dont know if your talking about making a new Thread, or what? Theres also 2 very active Brickfilm sites: Brickfilms.com and Bricks in Motion. (mines not to active yet.. got to get it out there first..  :pir_laugh2: )

"However that doesn't stop them from taking their characters pants off and running around the city!"

- JTaylor



"I have one question myself Admiral, what is a spanker? it sounds like a terrible device!"
-Admiral Ron


#37 Angel

Angel

    Posts: 35
    Joined: 15-October 09
    Member: 7852
    Country: United States

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:17 PM

Sounds cool. I'll have to check that out sometime. :)

#38 Admiral Croissant

Admiral Croissant
  • Popped his title cherry!


    Posts: 3029
    Joined: 03-December 08
    Member: 4578
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:56 PM

Very nice ship! very piraty :jollyroger: , I only miss a big pirate flag. The masts are on the right place and it's well-armed. I also like the fact that you can tore it apart a bit so you can get a look inside the ship (and cabin).  Last thing: I should get rid of the small mast on the back of the ship because that was quite unusual at the time. Good luck with your movies and stuff :pir-sweet:
Got questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines
Index of helpful tutorials

Posted Image
20 gun Frigate 'Vesta'
My Brickshelf
My Flickr
My Mocpages


#39 Angel

Angel

    Posts: 35
    Joined: 15-October 09
    Member: 7852
    Country: United States

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:28 PM

View PostAdmiral Croissant, on Oct 23 2009, 04:56 PM, said:

Very nice ship! very piraty :jollyroger: , I only miss a big pirate flag. The masts are on the right place and it's well-armed. I also like the fact that you can tore it apart a bit so you can get a look inside the ship (and cabin).  Last thing: I should get rid of the small mast on the back of the ship because that was quite unusual at the time. Good luck with your movies and stuff :pir-sweet:

Hey Croissant! I am guessing you're referring to the 2nd time i build the ship where i posted the first, and second time images on the previous pages. With the mast on the back of another mast. Some friends told me about that. They said that mast looked like a giant flag than a sail because of the angle it was in. lol I also appreciate you taking the time to look at this titan! Yeah, it's important to have the ship come part. If it was all "Fixed", then my camera would have a harder time getting to a spot. lol. :P

#40 Zorro

Zorro
  • Farewell Dieter!


    Posts: 5757
    Joined: 17-September 08
    Member: 3951
    Country: Belgium

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:28 AM

Awesome creation: big, bad (referring to the Pirates, not the MOC :pir-wink: ) and well detailed!
If you would still decide to make pictures of it, don't forget to add them to the first post!

#41 Milan

Milan

    Posts: 3395
    Joined: 21-June 09
    Member: 6465
    Country: Serbia

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:53 PM

I saw this one when you introduced yourself. Now when I am reading all of this I can not enjoy more. This topic is like a great review with ship being destroyed, built again...Great looking ship, man!
Posted Image   Posted Image    Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image    Posted Image
Website  Facebook  YouTube   Flickr    Brickshelf      Mocpages

#42 Angel

Angel

    Posts: 35
    Joined: 15-October 09
    Member: 7852
    Country: United States

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:33 PM

View PostZorro, on Oct 23 2009, 08:28 PM, said:

Awesome creation: big, bad (referring to the Pirates, not the MOC :pir-wink: ) and well detailed!
If you would still decide to make pictures of it, don't forget to add them to the first post!

Hey Zorro. Yeah maybe a few pics here and there. I've wanted to upgrade this ship and make it even larger. But instead, i'd probably just disassemble it and rebuild into a whole new beast, but in the same colors. I don't know when that's going to be considering this ship has pieces from 6243, 6285 and 6286. Those ships are required soon to resume my films so SOMETHING's gonna go down with this thing. Originally the ship was designed for my films, and photo shooting to share it to you guys. If i hadn't ran into 101 Pirate Ships and met Captain Zuloo on Youtube, i wouldn't of been here today.  :pir_laugh2:

View PostMilan, on Oct 24 2009, 11:53 AM, said:

I saw this one when you introduced yourself. Now when I am reading all of this I can not enjoy more. This topic is like a great review with ship being destroyed, built again...Great looking ship, man!

I appreciate that Milan! Lol. That was totally unexpected for it to just fall over like that. I didn't do anything at all on the 23rd but today i will be doing some filming. I'm feeling behind and i don't want my viewers thinking i quit my films. People usually do after 2-3 films. Not me! I need to start writing scripts down...I forget things way too easily!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links