An owl hooted in the distance, and the eerie scratching of branches faintly penetrated the quiet of the grand hall. Then... faint footsteps. A figure approached.
Lieutenant Victor confidently strode out into the grand hall, stopping before the throne, where he paused to look around.
"I should probably head for bed, now that I've dealt with the Captain", Victor muttered to himself. "The old fool had it coming to him."
Suddenly, Victor heard a noise of too his right. Turning, he was shocked to see a spear flying towards him at high speed.
"Hey, what the hell do you think you're-GAHH!", he cried, as the spear skewered his head, sending him toppling backwards.
With a mighty crash, the Lieutenant hit the floor, dead before he'd hit the ground. Blood gushed from his mutilated head.
In the darkness of the west doorway, a robbed figure looked on in satisfaction at a job well done...
As the morning light strolled through the halls of the castle, the residents came to meet once more in the grand hall. Their numbers were certainly beginning to dwindle.
The residents gradually trickled in to gather around the body of Victor. Nobody looked surprised however, they had come to expect someone to find a body in the hall each morning. The fear of everyone was, would they be next?
The King went to stand in front of his throne and delivered the daily Grim news.
"Unfortunately I don't have anything good to tell you today. As you ca see, Lieutenant Victor was brutally murdered by a dragon last night on his way back to bed after dealing with Captain Geoffrey, who you convicted yesterday. My people have been at work, and have found both of these men to be loyal Citizens. Captain Geoffrey has been executing the convicted person each day as well, so I have appointed someone else to do that now. I hope you don't make a mistake again today, we don't want to lose any more innocent lives."
The people looked around in dismay at having been wrong about Captain Geoffrey, before beginning their discussions anew...
A majority vote of 5 votes is required to convict.
Rules of Play
This game will follow the basic conventions of a Mafia Game. Each "day", you will be given 4 real days in which to vote for someone to kill. The day will end as soon as a majority decision is reached, or when the 4 days are up. If someone has been convicted, you will find out their loyalty shortly after end of the day. After this a night phase will begin, which will last 2 real days. Then the cycle will repeat. Those players with night actions must PM them to me during the night phase. If I do not receive them within the two days, they will not be counted.
- There will be two main sides in the game. Your winning criteria will be included with your character PM.
- Voting is to be done in the day thread, and should follow the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Please note the use of bold. This is the only format that will be accepted. To unvote someone, the same applies: Unvote: Character (Player).
- You may not edit your posts. Violation of this rule may result in a moderator kill.
- Please avoid posting out of character in the game thread.
- Do not ever directly quote something the game moderator has sent to you via PM, whether it be your character information, night action results, or any other form of communication. Violation of this rule will result in a moderator kill. You may of course paraphrase any information you receive; if it is your own words then it is fine.
- Do not discuss game tactics or "play the game" outside the game thread, including in the General Discussion thread. You may communicate privately via PM, but this is at your own risk, and should be considered part of playing the game.
- Please be considerate towards the host. I will try my best to stick to the schedule, and your cooperation will help this greatly, particularly getting night actions in promptly.
- Sudden Death rules, as outlined in your roles, will only apply on certain nights. You will be informed of this in the final post of the day. A day in which no conviction is reached will definitely result in a sudden death night.
Characters and Players
Ambassador Ralf Simnel played by Quarryman
Hugh (Servant) played by WhiteFang
Peter (Servant) played by Darth_Legois
Admiral Thomas Mallory played by Sir Dillon
Richard (Guard) played by Ricecracker
Agnes (Maid) played by Striker
Nicholas (Guard) played by professor flitwick
Chef Walter played by JimButcher
Ethel (Maid) played by Adam (Citizen): Convicted, Day 1
Lord William Harcourt played by Hinckley (Neutral): Convicted, Day 2
Gilbert (Guard) played by General Armendariz (Citizen): Killed, Night 2
Ambassador Sirion Vipont played by ImperialShadows (Citizen): Convicted, Day 3
Countess Margaret Durville played by TinyPiesRUs (Citizen): Killed, Night 3
Lady Beatrice Harcourt played by Zepher (Dragon): Convicted, Day 4
Duchess Juliana Dufay played by Alice (Citizen): Killed, Night 4
Simon (Librarian) played by I Scream Clone (Dragon): Convicted, Day 5
Lady Rohesia Papelion played by Sandy (Citizen): Killed, Night 5
Lord Edward Griffin played by Stash2sixx (Dragon): Convicted, Day 6 - Escaped
Francis the Friar played by Svelte (Citizen): Killed, Night 6
Captain Geoffrey played by Escape the Fate (Citizen): Convicted, Day 7
Lieutenant Victor played by Bob the construction man (Citizen): Killed, Night 7