Things have really slowed down

8 replies to this topic

#1 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:37 PM

Okay, I know the building contest is just about over, but what's going on here at Train Tech?  I'm seeing lots of viewers in this forum; many people reading the topics, but few are responding.

So I say...  if you read a post and admire a creation, take a minute to respond.  People appreciate feedback - I know I do.

Let your voices be heard. :classic:

#2 Modulex Guy

Modulex Guy

• Ain't nobody takin' my wooden fire truck

Member: 6517

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:17 PM

It could be a busy month for many with their non LEGO things, I know with me I have many term papers and tests in school this month and really don't have time for anything else. :sceptic:

The forum will jump back soon when people get more time on their hand to build more MOCs. :thumbup:
NILTC
Hi, My name is Chris... and I'm addicted to Modulex.
Posted Image
O_o
I Buy Modulex!
My Flickr page.

#3 missouri_bb63

missouri_bb63

Member: 6866

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:57 PM

View PostTheBrickster, on Oct 15 2009, 04:37 PM, said:

Okay, I know the building contest is just about over, but what's going on here at Train Tech?  I'm seeing lots of viewers in this forum; many people reading the topics, but few are responding.

So I say...  if you read a post and admire a creation, take a minute to respond.  People appreciate feedback - I know I do.

Could it be a language issue? Looking at the wide range of countries that are represented by the users who are actually posting comments, I would say that many others from those and other countries simply might not feel comfortable writing English in such a public place.

All I have to say to those users is, don't worry about it!  People will be pleased to see you make the effort. It is the content that counts and no one here is going to comment on your level of English.  If your post is unclear someone will probably write another post to help explain what you meant, or one will simply ask you to explain it a bit more.

I am on Belgian and German LUGs and no one has made a comment about my Dutch and German mistakes so far. (of course I am simply hoping that there weren't any... but that just wouldn't be realistic :laugh: )  We AFOLs are quite a friendly bunch.

So like Brickster said "Let your voices be heard!" :grin:

If of course you aren't commenting because you aren't a member yet, then please sign up!!  :thumbup:

#4 aawsum

aawsum

Member: 5141

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:56 PM

View PostTheBrickster, on Oct 15 2009, 03:37 PM, said:

Ik think this is a great idea  :thumbup:

#5 Mark Bellis

Mark Bellis

• PaB price investigator

Member: 910

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:50 PM

View PostTheBrickster, on Oct 15 2009, 03:37 PM, said:

Shame I didn't have time to enter any MOCs in the competitions!
Then again, I didn't have time to build any new MOCs of the right types this summer.
At least I got the outer circuit of my layout working though. :classic:

I've found that too much time spent online reduces time spent building.
After discussing the competition, maybe people are starting to miss building again!
In a way, a competition synchronises people's building and posting times, so it concentrates effort into one time, rather than the steady trickle of MOCs we usually have.

This week I've spent some time on a revolutionary new LEGO pneumatic technique: Continuously Variable Pneumatics
Pictures and Info
Demonstration Video
It allows a pneumatic cylinder to stop at any desired position, not just at the ends or in the middle.
It might take a little while to understand - it's not immediately obvious how it works.
In time it could well have possibilities for a pneumatic steam loco!

Mark
Mark J E Bellis - 8mm Scale LEGO Railways, Scenery and Technic. Visit My Brickshelf
Posted ImagePosted Image  Posted Image

#6 Teddy

Teddy

• Soft Spot

Member: 1646

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:59 PM

Hi theBrickster,

I would have posted more and entered the building contest if I had not been so damn busy the last few months.
I had to work my megablocks off to get some time to visit my girlfriend in Helsinki, and untill somewhere in November I wil be extremely busy again.
I will try to post more comments though.
Kind regards,

Teddy

#7 Davey

Davey

• Dry Humper

Member: 6272

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:13 AM

I'm just swamped this month with work and I have to travel for work the next couple weeks so I probably won't be jumping on the forums much.

-Dave
My Setlist // Dave's MOCPage // Stacy's MOCPage // ToT-LUG Photostream // Brickshelf Gallery // Our Blog

============================================================

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

============================================================

"What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy?"

"And you don't want to be here in the future...so you say the present is just a pleasant...interruption to the past."

#8 Matn

Matn

• supermegaawesome

Member: 2084

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:02 PM

I am still working on my Hogsmeade train station, I hope to finish it within the next couple of weeks. No worries, I won't post it in the licensed board, but in the Train Tech board.  :classic: And I already have a train in my mind to build, of course the Hogwarts Express, but I don't really know anything about steam trains (like Big Ben Wheels, or official LEGO wheels etc.) but that's where the new Train Start comes in handy!  :thumbup:

#9 Duq

Duq

Member: 7300

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:00 PM

Slow? I've never been busier!
I've got CDO. It's like OCD, but with the letters in alphabetical order. As they should be!

My pictures: Flickr!   My Lug: brick.ie.   My store: STUD

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users