8 replies to this topic

#1 Legostein

Legostein

• I'm a million!

Member: 1505

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:13 PM

Posted Image
Hello dear fellows!

Today there are only 4 lesser impressive models, I'd like to show to you. They're all landspeeders seen in "A New Hope" in Mos Eisley. The XP-38 landspeeder is completely new, and the V-35 landspeeder has been completely redesigned. :classic: So our little story begins...

--------------------

Posted Image

It takes place in Mos Eisley when Luke, Obi-Wan Kenobi and the two droids C-3PO and R2D2 travel to Mos Eisley in Luke's old X-34 Landspeeder.

Posted Image

The first vehicle they cross paths with is a V-35 Courier Speeder, one of which also was parked in the Lars' family homestead.

Posted Image

This model has been completely redesigned, and is much smaller and thus more MINI than my earlier version. The new 1x2x2/3 slopes are the perfect cockpit window for that shape as this scale. The engine section is completely studs down to have a possibility for attaching three plates at a 1x4 plate with gaps between them.

Luke and Obi-Wan Kenobi leave their speeder outside the Mos Eisley Cantina where you can see a few other speeders are parked. Among them is an Ubrikkian 9000 Z001 Landspeeder, a quite uncommon shape but commonly seen.

Posted Image

Once inside the bar, Obi-Wan Kenobi books a transport to Alderaan and informs Luke that he had to sell his speeder, the X-34. A bit later after having sold his speeder Luke tells Obi-Wan: "He (the speeder dealer) says it's the best he can do. Since the XP-38 came out, they (X-34 speeders) are just not in demand."

But what is the XP-38?

Posted Image

The XP-38 landpseeder is a similar design to the older X-34 speeder. The main differences are a closed canopy and boxy engines instead of streamlined ones which doesn't make it easier to build. The flattest engine-like look, meaning with hollow interior, is realized by headlight bricks. To attach them to something flat like a speeder body, you can't use the normal approaches. Instead a 2x2 plate with holes below was used. A door rail plate closes the gap.

The engines are by the way quite similar to those of the Flash Speeder seen on Naboo, but that's a different story.

--------------------

That was a small compilation to start into the week-end. For those who missed compilation 1, it is loacted here. I am working on something different which I might be able to post later this week-end. :classic:

All models and instructions can be seen here: http://sw.deckdesigns.de

The message of this story is about MINI scale. When you have a vehicle that is already quite small in real, like landspeeders with only few meters in length, a MINI model should be as small as possible. When building landspeeders slightly larger, i.e. 4-wide you could almost already seat a minifig in it. This would look strange, and thus I keep speeders usually as small as I can get. :classic:

Thank you for your time and stepping by!

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein, 28 October 2009 - 01:47 PM.

Posted Image http://www.deckdesigns.de - Bricks, Building & Beyond Posted Image

#2 CommanderFox

CommanderFox

• Can't remember his own name

Member: 5406

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:09 PM

Love these new ones Legostein there GREAT! :wub:
I like Luke's speeder and the X-34 Landspeeder :wub:
Great work!

CommanderFox
My Brickshelf!. The Brick Hope.
Anime and Manga fan, feel free to discuss anything anime on my profile :)
                                          CommanderFox playing as Ollivander Dippet for Gryffindor in Harry Potter Wizards Duel!
Posted ImagePosted Image - Kiwi Bricks

#3 Commander Flash

Commander Flash

Member: 5083

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:53 AM

:thumbup: The titles add to the effect, and the escape pod looks very nice. I like your micro scale MOCS  :classic:
My brickshelf: http://www.brickshel...manderFlash7707
Flickr account: http://www.flickr.co...rflash/?saved=1

Looking for any helpful Town/City based tutorials, such as buildings, cars, and other things in a city. PM if you would like to share tutorials

Posted Image
Carlo Fergusen in Noir Mafia...Died Loyal

#4 Legostein

Legostein

• I'm a million!

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:46 AM

Hello,

and thank you for the comments!  :classic:

The round thingy actually is a landspeeder, the Ubrikkian 9000-Z001, not an escape pod, although it has similarities. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

#5 Skipper 24

Skipper 24

• I live in Engalnd

Member: 1851

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:05 AM

I love your latest set of mini's.

I never new about that 9000 Z001 speeder. I always had seen it in the film but just assumed it was some sort of droid.

Great work :thumbup:, waiting for the next lot. I really like how you organise them when posting them.
Posted Image <-- Thanks Hound Knight
Flickr Brickshelf

#6 Torax

Torax

Member: 6953

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:44 AM

Cute little mini/micro scale speeders, with a funny story. Keep up the good work!

[My Introduction Topic: Link][Trade me your regular LEGO for my BIONICLE! PM me for a list of what BIONICLEs I have!]
[Star Wars Module Standard?]

#7 RileyC

RileyC

• >-- Stupid Cupid --> <3

Member: 5251

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:04 AM

great designs! I really like the V-35 Courier Speeder, I like the yellow and white colour scheme. I like the back engines aswell it looks really cool

Great work!

Formerly gone by the name of "Roncanator"

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Playing as Yasuko a Model in Yakusa Family Mafia
Played as Rickety Cannon a Town Nerd in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum II: Fraulein Bloodbrick Mafia
Played as Ruxana a Town Pilot in Baritones 3 Mafia
Played as Roweena Karnata a Town Guard General turned Dark One in The Coming Darkness Mafystery
Played as Cookie Custer an Insane from Spider Ward in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum Mafia
Played as Ron Canter a Town Folk turned Noodles Family in Eurodina Mafia
Played as Todd "Bulltoad" Bulstrode an Innocent from Slytherin in Hogwarts Mafia
Played as Ron Callister a Sane Pilot in Dystopia Mafia
Played as Ron Toreil an Honoured soldier in Imperial Soldier's Mafia

#8 Legostein

Legostein

• I'm a million!

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:11 PM

Hello!

Thanks again for the nice comments! :blush:

I'll try to keep it up during the next week. :classic:

Have a great start into the next week!

~ Christopher

#9 Section8

Section8

Member: 857

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:37 PM

Nice work!  They look very true to their film counterparts.  I'm especially impressed with the V-35; I've been waiting for Lego to make an official model of that one, as it's pretty common.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users