A click was heard, and an outside door swung open, letting a small ray of moonlight into the dark corridors of the castle. Pocketing her key, Lady Rohesia Papelion stepped out into the crisp night air.
Drawing a deep breath, Rohesia sighed to herself. "How lovely the night air is", she exclaimed, looking around at the roses lining the path. "It is nice to get out of that stuffy castle for a while. I'm glad I found this key conveniently placed by the door there."
Just then, something unusual happened; a fish fell from the sky and landed on the path in front of Rohesia.
Confused, the Lady walked over and picked it up.
"I wonder where this came from", she mused. Just then, two potatoes bounced off her head. "Ouch!", she exclaimed. "What the hell was that!"
Throwing up her hands, Rohesia began to run from the falling food that seemed to be attacking her.
But she wasn't quite quick enough. A large turkey slammed into her, knocking her to the ground and severely fracturing her skull. Potatoes continued to rain down.
Up above the twitching body, a robed figure continued to poor food down onto the poor Lady.
"I may be new to this, but at least I make it more exciting than stabbing people every time", the figure muttered to itself.
Eventually, the body of the late Rohesia stopped twitching, and the night was once again still, the pile of food a strange disturbance in the rigid lines of the gardens.
In the morning, the people of the castle gathered once more in the grand hall to hear from their king the outcome of the previous nights' execution.
Speaking from his throne, the King delivered his news.
"Ladies and Gentlemen", he began, "thank you for coming down here once again. I am glad to inform you that your efforts yesterday payed off; after a through search of Simon's rooms, my people have concluded that he was indeed a Dragon. They also found a sword in his rooms, the one used by the assassin to kill so many innocent people over this past week. Clearly, Simon was not the nice, humble librarian we have always believed him to be.
"I am saddened to have to inform you though that the Dragons are still active in our castle. Last night, Lady Rohesia Papelion was murdered while out for a stroll in the castle grounds. My people have informed me that she was a loyal Citizen of the castle."
Mixed murmurs of happiness at being right about Simon and sadness and anger at the passing of Rohesia spread through the crowd. The people had another tough day ahead of them, but hopefully, they would keep up their good work, and find themselves another Dragon...
A majority vote of 7 votes is required to convict.
Rules of Play
This game will follow the basic conventions of a Mafia Game. Each "day", you will be given 4 real days in which to vote for someone to kill. The day will end as soon as a majority decision is reached, or when the 4 days are up. If someone has been convicted, you will find out their loyalty shortly after end of the day. After this a night phase will begin, which will last 2 real days. Then the cycle will repeat. Those players with night actions must PM them to me during the night phase. If I do not receive them within the two days, they will not be counted.
- There will be two main sides in the game. Your winning criteria will be included with your character PM.
- Voting is to be done in the day thread, and should follow the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Please note the use of bold. This is the only format that will be accepted. To unvote someone, the same applies: Unvote: Character (Player).
- You may not edit your posts. Violation of this rule may result in a moderator kill.
- Please avoid posting out of character in the game thread.
- Do not ever directly quote something the game moderator has sent to you via PM, whether it be your character information, night action results, or any other form of communication. Violation of this rule will result in a moderator kill. You may of course paraphrase any information you receive; if it is your own words then it is fine.
- Do not discuss game tactics or "play the game" outside the game thread, including in the General Discussion thread. You may communicate privately via PM, but this is at your own risk, and should be considered part of playing the game.
- Please be considerate towards the host. I will try my best to stick to the schedule, and your cooperation will help this greatly, particularly getting night actions in promptly.
- Sudden Death rules, as outlined in your roles, will only apply on certain nights. You will be informed of this in the final post of the day. A day in which no conviction is reached will definitely result in a sudden death night.
Characters and Players
Ambassador Ralf Simnel played by Quarryman
Hugh (Servant) played by WhiteFang
Peter (Servant) played by Darth_Legois
Lieutenant Victor played by Bob the construction man
Admiral Thomas Mallory played by Sir Dillon
Richard (Guard) played by Ricecracker
Agnes (Maid) played by Striker
Nicholas (Guard) played by professor flitwick
Francis the Friar played by Svelte
Captain Geoffrey played by Escape the Fate
Lord Edward Griffin played by Stash2sixx
Chef Walter played by JimButcher
Ethel (Maid) played by Adam (Citizen): Convicted, Day 1
Lord William Harcourt played by Hinckley (Neutral): Convicted, Day 2
Gilbert (Guard) played by General Armendariz (Citizen): Killed, Night 2
Ambassador Sirion Vipont played by ImperialShadows (Citizen): Convicted, Day 3
Countess Margaret Durville played by TinyPiesRUs (Citizen): Killed, Night 3
Lady Beatrice Harcourt played by Zepher (Dragon): Convicted, Day 4
Duchess Juliana Dufay played by Alice (Citizen): Killed, Night 4
Simon (Librarian) played by I Scream Clone (Dragon): Convicted, Day 5
Lady Rohesia Papelion played by Sandy (Citizen): Killed, Night 5