Captain Green Hair

Does anybody else like Motorcycles around here?

Since we have a car topic around, i was missing one about Motorcycles.

I am a big fan of custom bikes and choppers and i ride a Yamaha Dragstar 650 myself.

You can see it here in it's old form:

0199999.jpg

It has a real nice sound with the custom drag pipes from Vance & Hines.

I have now also changed the blinkers, air filter (K&N), the risers (18cm high custom aluminium ones), handlebar (Midi ape) and i have added a toolrol.

I'm saving up for a Harley Davidson, which i hope to get next year or the year after.

So let's hear it from you bike lovers!

I used to drive one. It was stolen and found in a heap of garbage. :cry_sad: Never got the guy. I never had money to get another and I've grown to like my DeLoearan. It holds more Lego. :tongue: And I can go back to the future! :grin: I'm getting some nice sets this weekend from 1985. Any request? :tongue: Do you get a speical icon for driving a motorcycle now? :grin:

cycle1.gif

I love motorcycles! They are much more fun to ride than pushbikes! :laugh:

But in all seriousness, as bad as I am at riding them, once I have my car license I'll be getting my motorcycle one straight after!

I've been a motorcycle fanatic since I was just a little boy.

I've owned 4, and my current bike is a 2007 yamaha R6, in yamaha racing blue.

I'll sure be active in this thread. :)

But in all seriousness, as bad as I am at riding them, once I have my car license I'll be getting my motorcycle one straight after!

Same here, it'll be more affordable to justget a bike than a car. :thumbup:

Same here, it'll be more affordable to justget a bike than a car. :thumbup:

Well the bike isn't cheap, nor is the maintenance.

But compared to fuel use and time saving, i am laughing my megablocks of to car drivers. :grin:

But compared to fuel use and time saving, i am laughing my megablocks of to car drivers. :grin:

Intill winter comes around that is. :tongue: I don't ride myself, but i have outfitted them for police duty....

First bike is a Harely Davidsion Road king and the white one is a Honda ST13000. The Harley was defenatly easier to build. The honda didn't have much room to run wires.

oakely_and_jackson_motor_bike_builds_001.jpg

oakely_and_jackson_motor_bike_builds_003.jpg

oakely_and_jackson_motor_bike_builds_016.jpg

oakely_and_jackson_motor_bike_builds_018.jpg

oakely_and_jackson_motor_bike_builds_020.jpg

oakely_and_jackson_motor_bike_builds_027.jpg

That's what I mean, and compared to a car, it is way cheaper.

I bought my motorcycle for the thrill of the ride, not for MPG. My bike is a high performance sportbike, so on a good day I still only get 35MPG, but I don't car becasue it'll do any speed I want on any road :classic:

I new I had a picture somwhere on the net. I'll have to take new ones once I get the front flushmout blinkers and integrated tailight on. I've been too lazy, and busy reviewing LEGO sets.

r6clean.jpg

Cam, you are a lucky guy.

Nothing can compare with fantastic acceleration those machines can provide. I love that feeling.

Lets not forget that bikes are no match to cars safety, also they do not have static but dynamic stability, and wind, rock...protection on the road.

Despite this, I still love bikes way more than cars :tongue:

Here's mine:

post-4504-1255006911.jpg

H-D FXDF Fat Bob

this is the brochure picture; I have a different seat and a chinfairing placed.

I use it for trips and sometimes commuting when a trainride isn't the smart thing to do.

Since my sons get older it is now a struggle who gets to ride with me. The wife or my oldest son. :laugh:

Cam, you are a lucky guy.

Nothing can compare with fantastic acceleration those machines can provide. I love that feeling.

Lets not forget that bikes are no match to cars safety, also they do not have static but dynamic stability, and wind, rock...protection on the road.

Despite this, I still love bikes way more than cars :tongue:

Thank you but luck has nothing to do with it. I've had a job wince I was 13, started with a paper route.

I'm 27 now so I have worked along time to be able to afford toys like this.

I'm not worried about safety on my bike for a few reasons.

1. I am very careful, I am very very aware of other drivers, since most of the time the cars don't see you.

2. I figure if I'm going to die on my bike, at least it will be doing something I love. You can't change the things you don't know about, so there is no point worrying about it.

Intill winter comes around that is. :tongue: I don't ride myself, but i have outfitted them for police duty....

First bike is a Harely Davidsion Road king and the white one is a Honda ST13000. The Harley was defenatly easier to build. The honda didn't have much room to run wires.

Cool, a friend of mine has a garage and all the necessary equipment, including a bridge to do most maintenance.

I love those nights of working on bikes, having beers and good 'ol Rock and Roll in the stereo. :classic:

Here's mine:

H-D FXDF Fat Bob

this is the brochure picture; I have a different seat and a chinfairing placed.

I use it for trips and sometimes commuting when a trainride isn't the smart thing to do.

Since my sons get older it is now a struggle who gets to ride with me. The wife or my oldest son. :laugh:

You are a lucky bastard, that is a really nice bike! :thumbup:

Thank you but luck has nothing to do with it. I've had a job wince I was 13, started with a paper route.

1. I am very careful, I am very very aware of other drivers, since most of the time the cars don't see you.

2. I figure if I'm going to die on my bike, at least it will be doing something I love. You can't change the things you don't know about, so there is no point worrying about it.

You'll learn to get careful the hard way otherwise, i'm getting sick and tired of speeding tickets though. :hmpf_bad:

You'll learn to get careful the hard way otherwise, i'm getting sick and tired of speeding tickets though. :hmpf_bad:

What are you trying to say?

I'll learn to get careful the hardway? :sadnew: I just explained how careful I am, plus I have had my motorcycle license for 13 years and have been riding every year. I think that's quite a bit of experience. I have never gotten a speeding ticket in my life and I have never had an accident with my motorcycle that invloved another vehicle. I dumped a few of my older dirt bikes, but that doesn't really count, since I was off-roading and basically asking to crash.

Do you get a speical icon for driving a motorcycle now? :grin: [/b][/color]

cycle1.gif

LOL, It looks like indeed you might, Captian Green hair is sporting one now.

What are you trying to say?

I'll learn to get careful the hardway? :sadnew: I just explained how careful I am, plus I have had my motorcycle license for 13 years and have been riding every year. I think that's quite a bit of experience. I have never gotten a speeding ticket in my life and I have never had an accident with my motorcycle that invloved another vehicle. I dumped a few of my older dirt bikes, but that doesn't really count, since I was off-roading and basically asking to crash.

No no no, i mean if somebody isn't careful they learn the hard way, i didn't mean you. :wink:

The tag was given to me btw, i didn't make or give it, but i do like it! :grin:

No no no, i mean if somebody isn't careful they learn the hard way, i didn't mean you. :wink:

The tag was given to me btw, i didn't make or give it, but i do like it! :grin:

Oh, gotcha, I misunderstood you. :sceptic:

The internet has a way of doing that. I figured for sure you had made it, I wonder who the slippy tag giver was for the bike.

As usual, I prefer old Vintage bikes, like the really old Indians and Harleys. I don't know a whole lot about them, but I absolutle love the look of them. Especially the Indians. :wub:

:laugh: Sure, wait till it starts raining really hard. :tongue:

As usual, I prefer old Vintage bikes, like the really old Indians and Harleys. I don't know a whole lot about them, but I absolutle love the look of them. Especially the Indians. :wub:

Yeah those are awesome.

Did you know you can get a reproduction, show polished 100ci powerplus indian block? Costs only about 10.000 dollar, but hey then you've got something. :grin:

powerplus_100.jpg

Yeah those are awesome.

Did you know you can get a reproduction, show polished 100ci powerplus indian block? Costs only about 10.000 dollar, but hey then you've got something. :grin:

powerplus_100.jpg

Although I am more of a sport bike guy, I can appreciate the older bikes, as I would love an old harley.

If you havent check out "The Fastest Indian" It's a good movie.

Although I am more of a sport bike guy, I can appreciate the older bikes, as I would love an old harley.

If you havent check out "The Fastest Indian" It's a good movie.

Not sure that i have, i don't watch tv all that much anymore.

I am a big chopper buff though, so i know most engines and models.

Me and a mate are planning on building an old school Yamaha XS650 hardtail chopper this winter, i'll keep you guys posted on it. :wink:

Not sure that i have, i don't watch tv all that much anymore.

I am a big chopper buff though, so i know most engines and models.

Me and a mate are planning on building an old school Yamaha XS650 hardtail chopper this winter, i'll keep you guys posted on it. :wink:

It's an older movie, you should be able to rent it anywhere if your interested.

Start a thread here when you do, I'd definetaly follow that :thumbup:

Well, I still think that you are a little bit lucky...

I have had job from approx the same age as you, and never could afford something like R6.

1. Being careful yourself mean only 50%, you still have other car drivers that are not careful at all. That is the main problem.

2. Ok.