• Wagon RER A
    • Tarped Wagon
    • EMD Class 66 653-05
    • Cab Forward
    • CFNR GP15
    • Daylight Special
    • SBB ce 6/8
    • 4-12-2 Union Pacific

Voting for this category was difficult with all the superb entries, but the winners are:

c2win1.jpg

Congratulations Jayhurst for winning 1st place, followed by 74louloute and Helos for 2nd and 3rd. Great job to all the participants. The entries were all excellent!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you thought Category 3 voting was difficult, there were 22 non-staff entries for Category 2, Single Engines and Wagons. Beautiful steam locomotives, diesel engines, passenger cars, and freight wagons are included, with even one prop-propelled railcar. Let the voting commense!

0category2-1.jpg

0category2-2.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Category 2: Single Engines & Wagons

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

greenshunter.jpg

Dark Green Diesel Shunter: Selander

cwagon.jpg

Simple Container Wagon: Matt Dawson

csxswitcher.jpg

CSX Switcher Locomotive: Tinn-man

donner.jpg

Donnerbüchse Inspired Coach: Wtorbeyns

proprailcar.jpg

Prop-Driven Railcar: -The Hyphen-

santafe.jpg

Santa Fe Freight Train: NewRight

csx.jpg

CSX SD70Mac: gcarstensen

autorack.jpg

Open Auto Rack: Polish Guy

llexpresse.jpg

Legoland Express: TheBrickster (staff entry)

tcdd.jpg

TCDD-09: Cagri

croc.jpg

PF Brown Swiss Crocodile: HoMa

japanrailway.jpg

Japan Railway Series 201: PrinceWilliam

ghan.jpg

The Ghan: pe668

wsor.jpg

WSOR MP15AC: legoboy3998

pacific.jpg

Pacific National NR103: CaptainZuloo

wagrer.jpg

Wagon RER A: 74louloute

tarpwagon.jpg

Fixed Wheel Open Tarped Wagon: scruffulous

emd.jpg

EMD Class 66 653-05 Transport: Rotary Emotions

southpac.jpg

Southern Pacific Cab Forward: Cooper

pennt1.jpg

Pennsylvania T1 Duplex #5544: SavaTheAggie (staff entry)

cfnr.jpg

CFNR GP15: fyparr

daylight.jpg

Daylight Special Passenger Car: Pepa Quin

sbb.jpg

SBB ce 6/8 (Swiss Crocodile): Helos

up9000.jpg

4-12-2 Union Pacific 9000 Class: jayhurst

I have sat here for the past 30 minutes looking throught these again, and again, and again... I already knew what my favorite was for category 3... but this is going to be tough. In a way it's a shame that one can't vote for 1st - 3rd place... that would make things marginally easier. :sceptic:

To me, all of these entries are smashing! I am however torn between three of them: jayhurst's Union Pacific 9000 Class (I ADORE the engine itself and the representation is marvellous), Cooper's Souther Pacific Cab Forward (one of the most original entries in this contest) and 74louloute's French Wagon RER A (one of the most _vivid_ train MOCs I've seen lately)... I will give it some more thought these days and then vote. Very tough choice though :sceptic:

Damm, this was a real tough one. It was hard to pick, but I finally managed. I think this shows that there are only good entries :thumbup:

I had one in mind, then had a good look at some other entries but in the end I came back to my first pick. It's a real shame you can only vote for one entry and not give a 3-2-1 points vote...

I thought that the Union Pacific 9000 class by jayhurst was the best.

Congrats to all :thumbup: ,everyone did a great job.

Ratshot

Edited by Ratshot

Again a tough vote, you're causing me to have headaches guys! :hmpf_bad::tongue:

I've voted for Cooper's Cab Forward.

I had never seen one and i think it is a very original idea to choose it as a model.

Next to that it is brilliantly executed and i am just a sucker for steam engines. :wub:

Again well done everybody and good luck in the contest! :thumbup:

After giving it much consderation, I voted for cooper's Cab Forward. The ingenious design and the marvellous idea itself is what makes this one a top-notch entry for me.

These are all great entries! :thumbup:

My vote goes to

Diesel Shunter

simply because it does look like an official set designed by TLG, since it looks very classical and since it doesn't look that heavy brick-built.

My second vote would have been the Open Auto Rack.

Klaus-Dieter

I vote Japan Railway 201, great model with that orange pop. These votes just show how good this contest is- everyone has at least one vote. :classic:

You guys love making this tough for me huh? :tongue:

Excellent job to all the entries!! :thumbup:

I could only pick one and in the end I voted for The Ghan!

Nice job!

My vote goes to 74louloute's Wagon RER A.

I love the use of SNOT for the red parts, and it just captures the shape and details of the original train he used for reference.

Great work everyone, and good luck!

Like anyone else I had to browse the pics over and over again to find a final winner. :hmpf:

I esp. like the two crocodiles.

Looking at the original photo provided in HoMa's topic, I had to go for Helos' train looking a bit closer to the original than Holgers loco does.

1: Helo

2: HoMa

Third place for 74louloute and his Wagon RER. I fell in love with this suburban train, don't know why exactly. The shape, the colours? Everything is beautiful at this train. :wub:

And a special thanks to Sava for showing pics of his Pennsylvania Steam Engine. Great work!

*Poooh.*

Now that this is done, thank you all for making this contest such a great success with your stunning MOCs! :thumbup:

I'm not going to say for whom I voted, but I find the results fascinating. It's interesting to see who voted for what, and which MOCs people think surpass others. Certainly a wide array of tastes.

--Tony

Congratulations to the winners! It's extremely tough to vote for the ones that you loved the most, because personally I feel that all of the participants have demostrated a great deal of creativity and effort. :thumbup:

Great job I would just love to own all of these spactacular trains of lego. It would be perfect for my city but I need more pieces and skills like you guys. Keep up the work.

I would just love to own all of these spactacular trains of lego. It would be perfect for my city but I need more pieces and skills like you guys.

Baj:

It all starts w/ the classics. I suggest you take a look at some of the old 12V and 9V sets and try replicating with your limited piece collection. You would be surprised at how you can locate pieces needed to build a modest classic-style train. While my train creations certainly aren't as spectacular as those in this contest, I have been s l o w l y improving my train building skills. Try tinckering a bit and see where it leads you - and be sure to share your creations. I'm sure some of our more advanced train builders would be glad to offer some tips. Good luck!

And to all the participants in this Category, a big round of applause. :thumbup: I think that the many outstanding entries even surprised a number of us who have been long-time members of EB. I'm sure our good friends at RailBricks were impressed with the quality as well.

Congrats to the winners!

And to all of those who entered the competition.

The level of skill was very high and the voting was close.

So all in all a succesfull competition. :classic::thumbup:

Kind regards,

Teddy