The Penguin's Castle Minifigures..... )

194 replies to this topic

#176 Jebediahs

Jebediahs

• Eurobricks' house-Orc

Member: 7268

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:36 AM

You've really piqued my interest in HMM more and more with each tid bit of the story.  The decals are awesome but I like the paint work the best. Gelu looks to be an exceptionally complex and interesting character I need to find out more about. You've captured his demeanor beautifully with the armor and Ginny hairdo. :tongue: Good job sir.

p.s. oh yeah, I like the paint on the plumes too. Must have taken awhile to get in those nooks and crannies.

LEGO UNIVERSE!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Now playing as En Sabah Nur in Sandy's Heroica RPG.

#177 ADHO15

ADHO15

• Another day, another hat

Member: 2428

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:31 AM

More wonderful figures, Penguin! :thumbup:
My favourite is definitely Gelu. The painting on him is brilliant!
I look forward to seeing more from you soon!
Posted Image------------Posted Image  -  V2.0 coming soon...
Click here to support my Jedi Temple MOC (pictured) on LEGO Ideas

#178 Blackknight112

Blackknight112

• Pantsless no more

Member: 11279

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:56 PM

Nice customs, I really like the knights.
Don't forget to check out:

My Youtube(Nederlands)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#179 The Penguin

The Penguin

• Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!

Member: 2465

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:59 AM

View PostKielDaMan, on 27 November 2010 - 01:15 PM, said:

Amazing customs as always ThePenguin! Nice decals too commndr_neyo! :thumbup: My favorite among these are the Elves, particularly Gelu - that's the most clever and radical use of Ginny's hairpiece I've seen so far. Impressive work and keep it up!

Thanks, KielDaMan! )  :thumbup:
I'm glad you liked it. Yes, Gelu is the fig that turned out to be really interesting. And quite complicated while making. Since I tried to be as close to the character as possible. Even with his tattoos.

View Postcommdr_neyo, on 27 November 2010 - 02:06 PM, said:

Great figures Pinguin! I love the paintjobs, and Gelu looks awesome!
Will you use the other decals too? And thanks KDM, I'm glad you like them too.

Oh, you just had to give it away that there are other decals, didn't you?  :hmpf_bad:  :laugh:
Thanks for the decals again. Yep, I'll use them, though not now. )

View PostSanthor, on 27 November 2010 - 02:29 PM, said:

Yes! Awesome 'figs! I LOVE HMM. I've been playing since it came out, and I still do occasionally. Nice work on these, but the crusaders are my favorite-I always liked the "guys in armor" best.

-Santhor

Thank you very much! ) Yep, one of the strongest 4-th level units in the game. ) not to mention awesome looking! Stay tuned for more HMMIII characters! )

View PostMasked Builder, on 27 November 2010 - 02:38 PM, said:

Amazing job here!  Gelu is my favorite of this wave.

Thank you! )  :classic:

View Postlisqr, on 27 November 2010 - 04:19 PM, said:

As a fan of HOMM, I love your works!  :thumbup:

Gelu is instantly recognizable. :thumbup:

Thanks1 it's nice to meet some other HMM fans around!  :thumbup:

View PostLordofdragonss, on 27 November 2010 - 08:02 PM, said:

Oh Mr. Penguin... You will never stop amazing me!
Gin-elu (lol) looks briliant

here is the picture of Swordsman:
Posted Image
You make him really good, but I think yours lost his helmet :P

Thanks a lot!  :laugh:
Yep, I did see that. Though mine was based on M&M7 version, who didnt have a helmet. Or did he?  :wacko: Nevertheless, thanks for the pic!

View Postdarth yogi, on 28 November 2010 - 04:33 AM, said:

These look awesome.  Its nice to see two great customizers come up with a great product.  
Great job to both of you :thumbup:

Thank a lot! )  :classic:

View PostCommanderFox, on 28 November 2010 - 10:15 AM, said:

Great figs Penguin! :thumbup:
Some great details and paint jobs there. :wub:
Keep it up!

CF

Yep, Gelu was hard to make, but worth it. )  :thumbup:

View PostWhiteFang, on 28 November 2010 - 03:27 PM, said:

By far, this is the most amazing and incredible batch of Heroes 3! One of my all time favourite character was Gelu in Armageddon's Blade, mainly because of its special upgrade abilities. Thanks for sharing!  :wub:

Oh, thank you, WhiteFang! )  :blush:
You're too kind as always! Yep he was a great hero!  :thumbup:
I remember plaing some campaign map. I met him with a small but relatively strong army. He had an army like one centaur, or something l;ike that. He destroyed me with one blow! He had the first turn and an Armageddon's Blade!  :hmpf:  :laugh:

View PostJebediahs, on 30 November 2010 - 04:36 AM, said:

You've really piqued my interest in HMM more and more with each tid bit of the story.  The decals are awesome but I like the paint work the best. Gelu looks to be an exceptionally complex and interesting character I need to find out more about. You've captured his demeanor beautifully with the armor and Ginny hairdo. :tongue: Good job sir.

p.s. oh yeah, I like the paint on the plumes too. Must have taken awhile to get in those nooks and crannies.

LEGO UNIVERSE!

Thanks a lot, Jeb! )  :thumbup:
You know how I value your opinion! Yep, this part required much time for painting, still i did enjoy it!
it's a shame that the number of sited, dedicated to HMMIII is declining. Still you can find some around. But the best way to learn about it is to start playing HMMIII: Restoration of Erathia. )

View PostADHO15, on 30 November 2010 - 09:31 AM, said:

More wonderful figures, Penguin! :thumbup:
My favourite is definitely Gelu. The painting on him is brilliant!
I look forward to seeing more from you soon!

Thanks a lot! )  :classic:
Yep, with he new themes being launced I guess there will be no problems creating some more characters!

View PostBlackknight112, on 30 November 2010 - 07:56 PM, said:

Nice customs, I really like the knights.

Thanks a lot! )  :classic:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! )  :classic:

#180 The Penguin

The Penguin

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:20 PM

time for another part, ladies and gentlemen! )  :classic:  :thumbup:

A shame I'm a bit pressed with time, but I sure hope to return soon with more Castle, batman and historical minifigs, so stay tuned! )  :wink:

AvLee Battle unicorn.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now the fig, I'm really proud of is.....

Tatalian lizard-warrior.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And now the fig, I was about to make long ago, but postponed till now.....

Queen Catherine Ironfist.
(What a woman!  :wub: )

Catherine Ironfist (née Gryphonheart) was the wife of King Roland Ironfist and daughter of King Nicolas Gryphonheart, whom she succeeded as the Queen of Erathia. She restored the Kingdom of Erathia from the brink of collapse after it was invaded by multiple sides following her father's death, and later played an instrumental role in the war for Armageddon's Blade.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hope you liked that part!  :classic:  :thumbup:

Posted Image

Any comments, please?  :sweet:

Edited by The Penguin, 07 January 2011 - 07:22 PM.

#181 Admiral Croissant

Admiral Croissant

• Popped his title cherry!

Member: 4578

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:50 PM

Nice job :thumbup:  I especially like the unicorn, good to have an animal between all the minifigures.
The other ones look excellent as well but Queen Ironfist may be a bit too slim for a normal torso. But on a normal torso, I think this is the best one could do.
Got questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines
Index of helpful tutorials

Posted Image
20 gun Frigate 'Vesta'
My Brickshelf
My Flickr
My Mocpages

#182 The Penguin

The Penguin

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:57 AM

View PostAdmiral Croissant, on 07 January 2011 - 11:50 PM, said:

Nice job :thumbup:  I especially like the unicorn, good to have an animal between all the minifigures.
The other ones look excellent as well but Queen Ironfist may be a bit too slim for a normal torso. But on a normal torso, I think this is the best one could do.

Thanks, Admiral!  :thumbup:

Yes, the unicorn turned out to be pretty ice, even better than I originally expected. I guess I just got inspired with all the chat around new horse-molds in the History forum.  :classic:
Well, I tried to follow her game look, and in the game she's pretty tal and slim indeed. It's really hard to achieve that on the LEGO fig, still thanks for rating it si high.

#183 Lordofdragonss

Lordofdragonss

Member: 5310

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:38 AM

Penguin... And you did it again! You win The Internet Sir!
This figs looks... (put any sinonym of the pretty awesome)
High Chief Of Agriculture of Avalonia
Avalonian Orc Commander

#184 buddy

buddy

Member: 14028

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:47 PM

Great custom minifigs as always! I too particularly like the unicorn.  :thumbup:
Very well done.  :classic:

~buddy~

#185 Aveal the black sheep

Aveal the black sheep

Member: 11671

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

Very nice work penguin,just spent about 45 minutes looking trough the whole thing :classic: =)  i love it,specially the creatures,like the naga or the efrit. Also your mages are very good looking,i might try doing some off my own,based on yours :classic:
As for ideas the only HMM i played was 3,not familiar with the rest,but you should definitely use your great painting skills and present us with a dragon. a old lego dragon(not fond of the new ones) painted in gold :cry_happy: or the hidra.Could also try to make golems,and a nightmare(some i´ve been thinking on doing,it would make for a great paint job)
Anyways keep it up,this just got on bookmarks on my browser :tongue:
See ya

Posted Image  
Barur Tormek, Level 10.5 Cleric 270 years old Male Dwarf
Power:14 Defense:1 Health:18/18 Ether:14/14 Gold:189

Equipment:Rune Staff (WP: 4), Robe of the Magi (SP:1), Guardian Halberd (WP: 5, target's defense is used as additional WP)

Inventory: Topaz (Lightning), Ruby (Fire), Potion, Remedy, 2 Venoms, 5 Bones, Bedroll, 2 Tonics, , Mulled Wine (Causes the Inspired-effect, doubling the target's current and maximum health for the duration of one battle.), Ice Bomb, Fire Bomb, Dirt Bomb, Grand Tonic, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Holy Bomb

http://www.brickshel...m/gallery/Aveal

#186 The Penguin

The Penguin

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:02 AM

View PostLordofdragonss, on 11 January 2011 - 09:38 AM, said:

Penguin... And you did it again! You win The Internet Sir!
This figs looks... (put any sinonym of the pretty awesome)

Thank you, o mighty lord! )  :classic:
I'm glad you liked those!

View Postbuddy, on 13 January 2011 - 09:47 PM, said:

Great custom minifigs as always! I too particularly like the unicorn.  :thumbup:
Very well done.  :classic:

~buddy~

Yep, unicorn is much better than the original one. Now he just looks ridiculous!  :laugh: (pretty much like most of my early figs.....  :hmpf_bad: )

View PostAveal the black sheep, on 14 January 2011 - 07:07 PM, said:

Very nice work penguin,just spent about 45 minutes looking trough the whole thing :classic: =)  i love it,specially the creatures,like the naga or the efrit. Also your mages are very good looking,i might try doing some off my own,based on yours :classic:
As for ideas the only HMM i played was 3,not familiar with the rest,but you should definitely use your great painting skills and present us with a dragon. a old lego dragon(not fond of the new ones) painted in gold :cry_happy: or the hidra.Could also try to make golems,and a nightmare(some i´ve been thinking on doing,it would make for a great paint job)
Anyways keep it up,this just got on bookmarks on my browser :tongue:
See ya

I'm eager to see your custom minifigures, Aveal! )  :classic:

Well, actually nightmares are not present in HMMIII, but as for golems, that may work. Actually I am goind to try to make all units from castle and tower towns, an it seems I have the ideas how to do them, except for the titan. /  :hmpf_bad:
Still I hope I'll find some way!  :classic:

#187 SAG1933

SAG1933

Member: 29030

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

я являюсь организатором онлайн лиги WCL по Homm3. хотел бы купить игрушки по Эрафии для сына. это возможно?
e m a il    randommaps   at yandex ru

#188 The Joker1

The Joker1

Member: 27681

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

View PostSAG1933, on 06 June 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

я являюсь организатором онлайн лиги WCL по Homm3. хотел бы купить игрушки по Эрафии для сына. это возможно?
Member reported. :hmpf_bad:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
“I’m like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one, you know, I’d just do…things.” Heath ledger- 2008

#189 SAG1933

SAG1933

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:06 PM

View PostThe Joker1, on 06 June 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

Member reported. :hmpf_bad:
sorry, something wrong?

#190 The Joker1

The Joker1

Member: 27681

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

View PostSAG1933, on 06 June 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

sorry, something wrong?
Well what was that in your first post it looks to me like random nonsense? also before posting it might be nice to introduce yourself in the Hello My Name Is fourm and please check where you post before you do as this topic is over a year old.
Other than that as long as you use english on the fourms you will be ok.
(Its probably best i warn you now before the MODs come around) :wink:

EDIT
I am sorry I do apolagise i just put what you said into google translate and it comes up with this.
I am the organizer of the online league for the WCL Homm3. would like to buy toys for my son Erathia. is it possible?
If you are looking to buy lego please try Ebay,bricklink or the Buy and Sell fourm.buy and sell
This is not the correct place to put a post like this but we should let the MODs handle that.

Edited by The Joker1, 06 June 2012 - 12:23 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
“I’m like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one, you know, I’d just do…things.” Heath ledger- 2008

#191 LuxorV

LuxorV

• Will Cat Accordingly.

Member: 1771

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

@ SAG1933 - As a new member, it would be nice from you to introduce yourself in this part of the forum, instead of bumping a 1+ year old topic. :sceptic:

Moreover, as an international community, Eurobricks has English as its language, please try your best to post in English.

Finally, we do encourage our members to share their interests and have feedback for their LEGO 'quests' from each other, but we do not take kindly on members who only join EB looking for bargains. Hoping you'll still want to be an active member in this community, I suggest you to check the Buy, Sell, Trade and Finds section of the forum in answer to your question.

@ The Joker1 - No need to mini-mod other members. Just report a post and be patient. The Staff will handle it asap.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr

#192 SAG1933

SAG1933

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

1) i'm sorry for breaking some forum rules. actually it's not a problem for me to write in English. I've posted my previous message in Russian just because question was addressed to ThePenguin and it's mentioned in his profile that he's from Russia.
2) thanks for links, i will check them and most likely will find an answer there
3) i was registered here only because i would like to buy few Penguin's Castle Minifigures (Heroes of Might and Magic III Restoration of Erathia minifigures) for my little son - if this is possible

thanks for patience

#193 The Penguin

The Penguin

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

View PostSAG1933, on 06 June 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

1) i'm sorry for breaking some forum rules. actually it's not a problem for me to write in English. I've posted my previous message in Russian just because question was addressed to ThePenguin and it's mentioned in his profile that he's from Russia.
2) thanks for links, i will check them and most likely will find an answer there
3) i was registered here only because i would like to buy few Penguin's Castle Minifigures (Heroes of Might and Magic III Restoration of Erathia minifigures) for my little son - if this is possible

thanks for patience

Thank you for your interest in my Erathian figs.  :classic: And it's great to see that people still remember that awesome game! However I would've been most grateful if you could adress me directly via a PM should you wish to purchase any fig.

#194 SAG1933

SAG1933

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:40 AM

View PostThe Penguin, on 06 June 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

And it's great to see that people still remember that awesome game!
With HD mod allowing to change game resolution and with new awesome templates of random maps HOMM3 will continue to stay most played multiplayer HOMM version for long long time.

View PostThe Penguin, on 06 June 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

However I would've been most grateful if you could adress me directly via a PM should you wish to purchase any fig.
i'm not permitted to view member profiles and/or send PM. You are not listed in http://www.eurobrick...opic=52683how can I contact you?
btw few more questions - what is the size of Erathia figs? can you please make few photos with other objects to understand the size?

#195 LuxorV

LuxorV

• Will Cat Accordingly.

Member: 1771

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostSAG1933, on 07 June 2012 - 07:40 AM, said:

i'm not permitted to view member profiles and/or send PM. You are not listed in http://www.eurobrick...opic=52683how can I contact you?
btw few more questions - what is the size of Erathia figs? can you please make few photos with other objects to understand the size?
You need to have 10 posts to be able to see member profiles and PM them. Just have a bit more patience and make worthy posts (not just to rise the post count, else you may get into trouble :wink: ) and you'll be there.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users