The castle was quiet. Nothing could be heard but the gentle moan of the wind over the high roof, and the scraping of trees outside. But then... a footstep. Someone was coming. A figure walked into the grand hall from the dining room. That figure was none other than Duchess Juliana Dufay.
Noticing another figure walking towards her from the other side of the room she waved jovially.
"Oh there you are!", she exclaimed. "I've been looking for you! I wanted to talk about-"
"You know that's funny", interrupted the robed figure. "I've been looking for you too."
"Err, really?", stammered the Duchess. "Crap."
The robed figure raised its sword and the Duchess screamed. Just then, another figure ran out from behind a pillar.
"Stop right there!", the figure cried, as it stood blocking the assassins' path to the Duchess. "You shall not have her!"
"And how exactly were you planning on stopping me, aye?", snickered the robed figure.
"Well, I was kind of hoping you might use some magic", said the figure nervously.
"I guess you're out of luck then, aren't you?", replied the robed figure, as it grabbed the figure by the shirt...
...and tossed the person down the hall.
"Hey, you can't throw- GAHH!!!", the figure cried, as it went tumbling across the floor.
"Now, where was I?", muttered the robed figure.
"You were about to kill me", informed the Duchess.
The robed figure raised its sword and the Duchess screamed.
With a quick swipe the robed figure slit the Duchess' throat. She desperately tried to hold in the blood, but to no avail.
Gurgling horridly, she feel to the floor and bled slowly to death, a pool of blood forming around her.
In the morning, the castle residents gathered once again in the grand hall. They were met by the body of the Duchess, an event they had come to expect and dread, finding who had died that night.
Gradually, everyone made their way down to the hall, coming sleepily from their rooms. Many were yawning hugely. It was apparent that nobody was getting much sleep, with all the horrors going on in the castle.
Eventually, all the surviving residents had gathered around the body of the late Duchess. Their numbers were definitely beginning to thin out.
The King, as usual, addressed the people.
"It appears that another terrible tragedy has occurred during the night. The poor Duchess only wanted revenge for her husbands' death, but we can be comforted in the fact that she is now reunited with him in death. I am saddened to inform you that we have indeed lost another Citizen. May her soul rest in peace. I have also been informed that she could block one of you from doing anything at night. Obviously she wasn't as successful last night, an unlucky turn of fate, I would say.
I do have some better news however, that may cheer your hearts. Lady Beatrice Harcourt was executed last night after your conviction of her, and after a thorough search of her rooms, my people are pleased to report that she was indeed a traitorous Dragon. Finally, we have got one of them. Keep up the excellent work my people, and very soon we shall be free of their evil presence once and for all."
A cheer wen up from the crowd, before discussions once again began for another day.
There are 14 residents left, therefore a majority vote of 8 is required to convict.
Rules of Play
This game will follow the basic conventions of a Mafia Game. Each "day", you will be given 4 real days in which to vote for someone to kill. The day will end as soon as a majority decision is reached, or when the 4 days are up. If someone has been convicted, you will find out their loyalty shortly after end of the day. After this a night phase will begin, which will last 2 real days. Then the cycle will repeat. Those players with night actions must PM them to me during the night phase. If I do not receive them within the two days, they will not be counted.
- There will be two main sides in the game. Your winning criteria will be included with your character PM.
- Voting is to be done in the day thread, and should follow the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Please note the use of bold. This is the only format that will be accepted. To unvote someone, the same applies: Unvote: Character (Player).
- You may not edit your posts. Violation of this rule may result in a moderator kill.
- Please avoid posting out of character in the game thread.
- Do not ever directly quote something the game moderator has sent to you via PM, whether it be your character information, night action results, or any other form of communication. Violation of this rule will result in a moderator kill. You may of course paraphrase any information you receive; if it is your own words then it is fine.
- Do not discuss game tactics or "play the game" outside the game thread, including in the General Discussion thread. You may communicate privately via PM, but this is at your own risk, and should be considered part of playing the game.
- Please be considerate towards the host. I will try my best to stick to the schedule, and your cooperation will help this greatly, particularly getting night actions in promptly.
- Sudden Death rules, as outlined in your roles, will only apply on certain nights. You will be informed of this in the final post of the day. A day in which no conviction is reached will definitely result in a sudden death night.
Characters and Players
Ambassador Ralf Simnel played by Quarryman
Hugh (Servant) played by WhiteFang
Simon (Librarian) played by I Scream Clone
Peter (Servant) played by Darth_Legois
Lieutenant Victor played by Bob the construction man
Lady Rohesia Papelion played by Sandy
Admiral Thomas Mallory played by Sir Dillon
Richard (Guard) played by Ricecracker
Agnes (Maid) played by Striker
Nicholas (Guard) played by professor flitwick
Francis the Friar played by Svelte
Captain Geoffrey played by Escape the Fate
Lord Edward Griffin played by Stash2sixx
Chef Walter played by JimButcher
Ethel (Maid) played by Adam (Citizen): Convicted, Day 1
Lord William Harcourt played by Hinckley (Neutral): Convicted, Day 2
Gilbert (Guard) played by General Armendariz (Citizen): Killed, Night 2
Ambassador Sirion Vipont played by ImperialShadows (Citizen): Convicted, Day 3
Countess Margaret Durville played by TinyPiesRUs (Citizen): Killed, Night 3
Lady Beatrice Harcourt played by Zepher (Dragon): Convicted, Day 4
Duchess Juliana Dufay played by Alice (Citizen): Killed, Night 4