Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

New LEGO clothing article

Oooh! This looks comfy! :wub:

Headlamp (what a cleaver name!)

headlamp1.jpg

I'm surprised LEGO has delved into this area of apparel. Well, it's about time I say. I'm going to order 10 of these! I hope they are as comfy as they look. And I hope they come in my size. From the picture, it's not exactly clear how far it would come down on my head. That light feature is going to make it so easy for me to find my way to the bathroom at night! I wonder if they will make a female version.

I agree it looks comfy, and very airy, but it doesn't seem to offer much support at the back :sceptic:

I do like the built-in flashlight - sometimes you need to make a 'quick getaway', and finding the exit can be tricky. This fixes that problem! :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing!

I agree it looks comfy, and very airy, but it doesn't seem to offer much support at the back :sceptic:

I do like the built-in flashlight - sometimes you need to make a 'quick getaway', and finding the exit can be tricky. This fixes that problem! :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing!

No problem! The getaway thing is so true. But on the other end of it, people will be quite surprised to see you wearing it. That's always a nice icebreaker. It could interrupt relations but it'll show that you have a sense of humor. As far as the support on the backside of the head I hope the minifig is just hiding some sort of straps or something.

What a great new clothing product! Just the thing every AFOL needs in my opinion. Although a bit airy, as Svelte says, I'm sure it would be quite comfortable, and the flashlight feature is a nice bonus too.

Thanks for bringing this sumptuous item to our attention Hinckley, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it in stores. :sweet:

What a great new clothing product! Just the thing every AFOL needs in my opinion. Although a bit airy, as Svelte says, I'm sure it would be quite comfortable, and the flashlight feature is a nice bonus too.

Thanks for bringing this sumptuous item to our attention Hinckley, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it in stores. :sweet:

No problem! Always glad to spread the news of another high quality product from LEGO. Just imagine me wearing this while making ice cubes with any one of the fine ice cube trays LEGO has produced in the LEGO ice cube tray line.

One thing I would like to see in this product is some more fabric. You're right that it looks a tad breezy. Nobody likes having their head blown. I like my head toasty and warm...with a flashlight.

dyntorch1.jpg

Maybe this is the girl version? I'm not sure exactly what the rotating arm does, but from the posed limbs, it certainly captures every angle of exploration that one could want... in a flashlight.

These will sell like hotcakes for stocking stuffers, that's for sure :thumbup:

Maybe this is the girl version? I'm not sure exactly what the rotating arm does, but from the posed limbs, it certainly captures every angle of exploration that one could want... in a flashlight.

This is confusing. Why would she be bald? Maybe when you rotate the arm, the leg comes up. How does this version attach to your head though? Does it just sit on your head? Or maybe your head goes inside of it? Maybe the rotating arm tightens some sort of clamp device that adheres it to your head. Or maybe that is some female version we don't understand. Do females even have heads?? *huh*

lantern1.jpg

This looks like the *clamp* version to me. Work it, girlfriend!

The soft, soothing warm glow emanating from your tummy is something we probably can all identify with.

I don't get why they put the light in the minifig's foot. That looks really odd. :tongue:

Those are pretty funky. :tongue: I could use the wind-up flashlight one... (or at least I assume that rotating arm is used for cranking to charge up the light)

The soft, soothing warm glow emanating from your tummy is something we probably can all identify with.

Maybe this is a sign of the new licensed theme, LEGO E.T.? :look::tongue:

dyntorch1.jpg

These will sell like hotcakes for stocking stuffers, that's for sure :thumbup:

Most likely the rotating arm is a rechargeable battery function, crank the arm a few revolutions, you get light. :thumbup:

You know, there was already a topic about these light up minifigs :sadnew:

Light-up minifigs? I see much more than that. I shall find this inferior discussion you speak of and lock it at once! :tongue:

lantern1.jpg

This looks like the *clamp* version to me.

Ouch! I wouldn't want that on my head. :look:

These look nice, but we've already seen them before (I'll go find the old thread). :wink:

I can't really remember, but the price of these is around $20 to $40 USD...

EDIT: Found the threads! Here's the first one about them, and the second one, with pictures.

This is confusing. Why would she be bald? Maybe when you rotate the arm, the leg comes up. How does this version attach to your head though? Does it just sit on your head? Or maybe your head goes inside of it? Maybe the rotating arm tightens some sort of clamp device that adheres it to your head. Or maybe that is some female version we don't understand. Do females even have heads?? *huh*
:laugh:

(I hope that you're being sarcastic, by the way)

Most likely the rotating arm is a rechargeable battery function, crank the arm a few revolutions, you get light. :thumbup:
Yes, that is what the arm does. It's a lantern, not a head attachment. :laugh: Edited by ILikePi

Great just what I always wanted for when I go spelunking, I can have Lego minifig attached to my head :wub:

They come up with some neat stuff nowadays!

I am waiting for a LEGO toothbrush :sweet:

Where are these on lego.com?

I wonder how big they are , probably not to big if it's going on your head. The eyes on these head lamps really creep me out somehow.

Edited by Black Rabbit

EDIT: Found the threads! Here's the first one about them, and the second one, with pictures.

Those threads are inferior to this one.

:laugh:

(I hope that you're being sarcastic, by the way)

Yes, that is what the arm does. It's a lantern, not a head attachment. :laugh:

Sarcasm? Why would I be sarcastic about such an important subject??? :wacko: I was pretty sure it would have to attach the head somehow. It's one of those sock-type models. I've seen them in European headlamp catalogs.

Where are these on lego.com?

I wonder how big they are , probably not to big if it's going on your head. The eyes on these head lamps really creep me out somehow.

It depends on how big your head is.

Great just what I always wanted for when I go spelunking, I can have Lego minifig attached to my head :wub:

Personally, when you go spelunking, as you put it, I think you may need more protective measures than just a Lego minifig.

They come up with some neat stuff nowadays!

I am waiting for a LEGO toothbrush :sweet:

I thought they already did that. Doesn't it vibrate?

Personally, when you go spelunking, as you put it, I think you may need more protective measures than just a Lego minifig.

Honestly. I'd imagine the minifig is too big to fit in the cave...

I imagine it depends on how long that particular cave has been open to the public. Natural wear and tear, and so forth.

Wait - why are we talking about spelunking? :wacko:

Wait - why are we talking about spelunking? :wacko:

I'm not sure...but either way, I try to avoid caves that've been open to the public for too long. Too much danger of vermin and crap like that. Anyway, these are cool and I hope they fit. I will have to model it for you guys when mine arrives in the mail.

That one with the rotating arm and lifting foot is interesting, I'm not sure how comfortable the square-shaped foot would be though. It is certainly a mystery as to the proper function of the item though, perhaps it will come with a pictorial instruction manual to demonstrate its use?

I'm not sure...but either way, I try to avoid caves that've been open to the public for too long. Too much danger of vermin and crap like that. Anyway, these are cool and I hope they fit. I will have to model it for you guys when mine arrives in the mail.

Now that will be quite a night! :sweet: I look forward to your review of this nifty item. As for spelunking, I would have thought something like the duplo ghost shroud would me much better suited, very durable, although the holes make you wonder...

31153.jpg

That one with the rotating arm and lifting foot is interesting, I'm not sure how comfortable the square-shaped foot would be though. It is certainly a mystery as to the proper function of the item though, perhaps it will come with a pictorial instruction manual to demonstrate its use?

Now that will be quite a night! :sweet: I look forward to your review of this nifty item. As for spelunking, I would have thought something like the duplo ghost shroud would me much better suited, very durable, although the holes make you wonder...

31153.jpg

Yes, that would not protect you from the dangers of spelunking and quite honestly, my head would not fit in there. :blush:

Well, screw it. (if admins are going to make a third repeat topic, four if you cout the one merged into the second topic, then whatever)

I am going to Legoland Windsor today :tongue: So I will quite likely come across some. I might get one if they aren't stupidly expensive.