BIONICLE: Sandstorm

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bfahome

Bfahome

• Finding extras at 110% efficiency

Member: 3802

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:00 AM

I thought up the general outline for this video back during that Storyline & Theories Time Capsule contest thing on BZP, but I had no way of getting the videos I needed to make it.  Then I found this.  It is awesome.  That, coupled with the fact that I've been at home and sick for three days, allowed me to finally make the video I wanted.  This is compiled from around 45 different videos.

The only two concrete, necessary things I had in mind for the video were the canisters falling into the ocean at the beginning and the Ignika flying into space at the end.  The middle was workable.

Also, I gave zero air time to the Nuva and close to zero air time for the Metru.  I don't care, because I love how it turned out anyway. :D

#2 Brickthing

Brickthing

• Mr. Perfect

Member: 4229

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:15 AM

All I see is BIONICLE commercials from all the years, playing to prolonged rave music.

That said, I do like the transitions into 2004, 2007, 2008 and the Ignika flying away. Those are tight are nicely in sync with the music. It just needs a bit more storyline/non-generic-material and Bfa-pizazz to set it aside from other BIONICLE 01-08 videos.  :classic:

#3 Bfahome

Bfahome

• Finding extras at 110% efficiency

Member: 3802

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

View Post3D Brickthing, on Sep 30 2009, 10:15 PM, said:

All I see is BIONICLE commercials from all the years, playing to prolonged rave music.
Good, then the video's working.

#4 Ikki o' Moopyville

Ikki o' Moopyville

Member: 996

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:48 PM

AWESOME

It's so beautifully in sync with the music I couldn't stop cheering. :D I love that song, and it's perfect for Bionicle. Techno over emo bands any day! Thanks for making this.

-IKK
"... and from these you might pass to the whole of the opposite continent which surrounded [the Atlantic Ocean]; for this sea which is within the [Straits of Gibraltar] is only a harbour, having a narrow entrance, but that other is a real sea, and the surrounding land may be most truly called a boundless continent." - Plato, 360 BC

Oh, bury me thar
with my battered git-tar
a-screamin' my heart out fer yew

> > > Earth's Forbidden Secrets? < < <

#5 ~Wrack'n'Ruin~

~Wrack'n'Ruin~

Member: 3795

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:12 PM

Eh, it was okay, but the movie clip looked way out-of-place.

#6 iLego94

iLego94

Member: 3585

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:27 PM

Great idea, I love the trance beat - the fast pace mirrors the fast pace the story is moving at.

~iL

Read My Epic . . .

Kratum - Hero of Nations

Posted Image

#7 -MZ-

-MZ-

Member: 6743

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:38 PM

Great music and great scenes used. It's kind of simple though.
Posted Image

#8 hewkii9

hewkii9

• Can't figure out a sigfig!

Member: 618

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:39 PM

Awesome! Onua at the very beginning was from the cancelled PC game, right? Also, my favorite transition was 03-Vahki and 2007-2008 [I also liked that you didn't use any of the stupid maskless Mahri stuff from the ads].

And I hate to plug my own stuff, but here's a Bionicle Caramelldansen video I did a year or so ago - here. I took the video directly from the MNOG, so there's some white patches.

My Brickshelf - My Flickr

I was Amelia Warhog in Mafstraw Manor, Christopher Wilder in Prohibition Mafia, one half of Rocky Broomwell in Hogwarts Mafia, and Hans Keen in Eurodina!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users