• Railway Bridge
    • Simple Freight Shed
    • Train Bridge/Viaduct
    • Gantry Signal
    • Train Station
    • Roundhouse

And our winners are:

c3win.jpg

Congratulations to all! I must say that all of these entries are fantastic. Great participation and to all those who submitted an entry, you guys built some "top-notch" creations here. :thumbup:

Kris Kelvin will be receiving a custom train set compliments of RailBricks.

Our 2nd and 3rd place winners for this category will receive an honorary EB Train tag for their avatar.

Voting is now closed at 134 votes.

Train Station: 59

Gantry Signal: 20

End of the Road: 18

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0category3.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Category 3: Trackside Structures

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oldbrickjunction.jpg

Oldebrick Junction: JopieK

warehouse.jpg

Small Warehouse: Gambort

sectionhouse.jpg

Ma & Pa's Section House: Cale (Staff Entry)

zacthan.jpg

Zacthan Station: I Scream Clone

end.jpg

End of the Road: Cagri

classicstation.jpg

Classic Train Station: Klaus-Dieter

smallengshed.jpg

Small Engine Shed: AgentRick57

bridge.jpg

Railway Somewhere In the Unknow (Bridge): rickbrick

freightshed.jpg

Simple Freight Shed: Deanc

trainbridge.jpg

Train Bridge / Viadukt: Nagy László

gantrysig.jpg

Gantry Signal Box: Nexus7

station2.jpg

Train Station: Kris Kelvin

roundhouse.jpg

Roundhouse and Turntable: Peterab

Wow this is a tough one, and by tough i mean 15 on a 1 to 10 scale. :oh:

After some consideration i have decided to give my vote to ISC.

He has improved his building a lot since he joined us and his train station uses some interesting techniques, besides that i really love the small detail and the incorporated humor with the Terminator. :grin:

Well done to you all and good luck in the contest! :thumbup:

My vote goes to ISC's Zacthan Station, as it has such a quaint feel to it, plus some great design.

The brown Train Station though is also fantastic, as are the other entries. :classic:

All the entries are very nice! :thumbup: The members of Eurobricks have done their best here. The entry that stood out to me was I Scream Clone's Zacthan Station. Mainly because it is the kind of station I had in mind to enter with myself. But also because the nice color sheme which works very well. Green and tan, with grey, works well together. The plants and the minifigures make it lively. And of course, the nice building techniques make it a winner.

I voted for the gantry signal.

I think this one is the nicest building with a function for the track. But I must say, I was a tough decision.

I voted for the train bridge / viadukt by Nagy László.

Other entries were nice, too, (especially the oldbrick junction) but I think it's the best one. I didn't like stations and warehouses, they look like very good, but they aren't so creative for me. And, of course, I like bridges, unfortunately, there were only two bridge entries in this contest, and the second one is better.

I voted Train Station: Kris Kelvin. This moc is really good. Looks good, much details and no studs te see. The last one is nice, not outstanding.

A very tough decision, and one that made me think hard. Some that deserve special mention would have to be ISC, peterab and Nexus7, but in the end I decided to give my vote to Kris Kelvin. For "just a train station", it's bloody incredible. Well done mate! :classic:

But everyone did a supurb job, keep it up. :thumbup:

Why don't we get to vote in a 3-2-1 way or a 3 points way like in past contests? I would love to use some of my 3 points throughout a few of the MOCs.

All of these Trackside structures are so awesome!!

You guys are brilliant builders! :thumbup: :thumbup:

However in the end I could only pick one :sad:

I voted for the Roundhouse and Turntable by Peterab :oh:

Very cool, I have always wanted to build one of those.

Great job to all the entries! :classic:

Wow.

I have to say that as only an occasional visitor to the Train Tech area of the site I'm absolutely astonished by the high quality of these MOCs. It was nearly impossible to pick a winner, but I eventually chose Kris's Train Station. I would love to park my Emerald Night outside that station !

Huge kudos to all the entrants, though - superb.

Dr. D.

Edited by drdavewatford

I don't visit the trains forum too often, but I was so impressed with these entries that I had to vote. I went with Kris Kelvin's train station - it looks so atmospheric. Second place would've been Deanc's Freight Station - I can just see the real thing in my head. Great work folks.

This was a very hard choice, I considered voting for six entries. In the end I voted for Kris Kelvin's Train Station, though I also considered Nexus7's signal box, Nagy Laslo's bridge, Cagri's end of the road, ISC's Zacthan station, and Gambort's warehouse. All these entries were good representations of thier prototypes, but also displayed highly skillful use of atmosphere and detail.

I'd also like to thank Macoco for voting for my roundhouse, I'm pleased to get a vote among such skilled competition. I think my roundhouse and turntable are functionally interesting but they are not on the same high level as other entries in terms of there detailing or aesthic appeal.

Edited by peterab

Train Station, hands-down. I was admiring it on Flickr the other day; it's simply amazing. The detail and character in the piece is incredible.

"End of the Road" and "Railway Bridge" would be my second and third votes.

m19

Edited by Morgan19

We both agree on our vote here, which definitely goes to "End of the Road" by Cagri. There's something very cute and appealing about that simple structure/scene and the entire idea behind it.

If we could vote for second and third favourites, they'd be Kris Kelvin's "just a train station" :grin: and Nexus7's Gantry Signal Box. Honorable mention to ISC for his Zacthan Station too...

Superb entries by all the entrants... Keep up the good work guys! Wish I could have found the time to join you...

Tough....really tough...

All the entries were amazing, but the creations that I really like the most are "Gantry Signal Box" by Nexus7 and Kris Kelvin's "Train Station".

So, my vote goes to....well... I'll flip it... :blush:

Kris Kelvin's "Train Station". :classic:

Great job guys! Congratulations to all the participants.

Very tough selections and plentiful of excellent entries to choose from, and after much consideration, my vote goes to ISC.

There are a few of my favourites as well such as kris kelvin, cagri, Gambort and etc :thumbup:

Good luck to all participants!

These are all great creations!

My favourite one - for which I even voted - is the

Gantry Signal Box

Klaus-Dieter

Thank to all the competitors, an amazing group of creations. Thanks to all for voting for my station. Looks like Kris has it in the bag, well done mate, your station is really nice in a classical design sense.

First I have to say I'm deeply impressed about these fantastic MOCs you all have made! :cry_happy:

A big thanks to The Brickster for organizing this. :thumbup:

It´s, like in the other two categories as well, a very difficult task to vote for just one train side structure.

But hey, I chose Kris Kelvin's station.

With an honorable mention of ISC and Kagri's MOCs who are close to the first place.

Thank you all for your work on the MOCs and making this TTCE such a pleasure to look at. :wub: