Sign in to follow this  
Aussie Ben

"Dogs of war" battle pack

indexed.gif

Item#: ????

Pieces: 53 and four mini-figures.

Help stop the spread of the Gungan menace.

Following the rise of the Gungan's alongside Princess Amidala, the members of the Fabuland system have had enough. Join with the members of the Fabuland system to "Cry Havoc", and let slip the dogs of war!

set.gif

Set includes:

• 4 Fabuland troopers
  • Jeep and mortar
  • Fire hydrant

Other pictures:

Figures:

figs.gif

Jeep:

jeep.gif

Mortar and Comms troops:

mortar_and_comms.gif

Heavy MG

mg.gif

Reason behind creating "set"

This set was brought about as a result of a number of things, the main one was that there just aren't enough Fabuland competitions around. When planning this, I considered how Fabuland would actually figure in a star-wars universe, and considered that if a species like the Gungans can exist in this universe, there is no reason that a planet couldn't have a life-form similar in shape/stature to Fabuland figures (Hence my query in the rules thread).

In addition, I felt that a slightly (completely) off-topic and potentially humorous (both the idea of militant fabuland figures, and also the fire hydrant for cover...and other uses :classic: ) entry would be a change from the often serious looking designs.

In making this, I came across 2 main challenges (after confirmation that we could create our own Star-Wars universe race), namely how to design a suitable Star-Wars vehicle that was still recognizably Fabuland (Solved through the use of the smallest Fabuland vehicle chassis (approx 6x8 plate)), and what set to build...I came up with about 15 potential set names that could have conceivably had an entry built, and this was the one I ended up selecting. (For those who want to know, another potential one was "Cows with guns")

Finally, in order to try and keep this to the same potential "price range" as other battle-packs, I tried to stick to the lowest possible number of parts, as Fabuland figs and the vehicle chassis would make up a large part of any final set price. And even if I don't win anything, I'll be happy if this entry brings a smile to at least one person.

Well done, that's nice. :thumbup:

I love this Fabuland figures and I think, the dogs are the best of them.

And i like the guy, who uriniert at the water hydrants

I have only one Fabuland dog, so i think, i want buy this battlepack^^

But I think, that's not Star Wars :wacko:

Edited by Jonas O.

Well done, that's nice. :thumbup:

I love this Fabuland figures and I think, the dogs are the best of them.

And i like the guy, who uriniert at the water hydrants

I have only one Fabuland dog, so i think, i want buy this battlepack^^

But I think, that's not Star Wars :wacko:

maybe it's not "official" star wars, but I had checked, and in the rules thread, there was mention that this was allowed (at least to my reading):

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?...&pid=587352

And reply following.

Also, I believe/hope that the set description, and motivation for creating the set explain how these figures fit in.

After all, If there's a species like the Gungans in the Star wars universe, it can't be that much of a stretch of the imagination to see a species resembling fabuland figures, is it?

You certainly achieved your goal. This is a humourous entry and I had a good laugh when I saw it. Well done and good luck.