BIONICLE Heroes

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ShaddowCroc

ShaddowCroc

Member: 4379

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:31 PM

Do you guys remember this game? I was heavily promoted throughout all of 2006 and everyone thought it would bridge huge gaps in the original story of 2006. Then instead the game turned out to be completely non-canon and everyone but me hated it.

I really liked the game, I got it in early '07 for the PS2 and I really enjoyed it for a while, then forgot about it for awhile. Recently I've acquired the game for the DS, and so far I lie it quite a bit more than I liked the PS2 version. It's a pretty good game, and has relatively good graphics. (Expecially for a DS game.)

Do any of you guys remember/still play/like/hate it?

(And even if you don't like it, I think we can all agree it's ten times better than the original BIONICLE game.  :tongue:)
Visit my website, Vague Chaos! Featuring my daily story serial, The Dragon Sculptor!

"Again, I am not going to go there. It's not relevant to the story. (Basically, if I answer no, that opens one can of worms, and if I answer yes, then I have to get hit with a ton of questions about the sex life of plastic toys, which I do not feel like answering.) "
-Greg Farshtey, answering a question about Agori reproduction.

#2 Artahn

Artahn

Member: 7382

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:38 PM

The original Bionicle game was great, just... short.

I felt a need to get to the final boss, but I never thought it was that good. I have a Wii, so it sucked even more...

#3 God Iron

God Iron

Member: 7484

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:38 PM

Well I've played the PS2 version, and its a fair tie-in. Don't like it at all, but its better then most crappy cash-in games. Id give it a 37/100.

#4 Refia

Refia

Member: 4361

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:54 PM

I think it's a prtty fun game, with an original take on how to do a Bionicle game. Better than Bionicle: The Game at least. It has a great soundtrack. I have the PC version and the DS version, and the DS is actually my favourite. The FPS perspective just work great.

Changes - all around me, all inside my head
Changes - changing face, still remaining mad.
Changes - changing systems, still insane.
Changes - but the madness will remain.

Changes - all around me now, all inside me now
Changes - wanna cry no more, sigh no more.

~ Changes by Gamma Ray ~

#5 Luke McAwesome

Luke McAwesome

• Fascinated with Johnson Willoughby's wet pants

Member: 5957

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:18 PM

Back in 2006, BIONICLE was the only theme I liked.

Naturally, I had to get the game for my GameCube.  :wink: It is such a fun game, I'm planning on playing it again, seeing as it hasn't been touched since 2007.  :laugh:
I'm back, but I'm not. Sort of, but kind of... Sooo... I kind of am back. ;)

#6 Bundalings

Bundalings

Member: 3754

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:31 PM

I got it for PC... but our PC wasn't good enough for it... so I haven't played the game... I should probably get it for my 360...

Or DS...

~Bunda

#7 Zarkan

Zarkan

• Greviously Renamed Gungan

Member: 569

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:28 PM

Bionicle Heroes is fun, and I don't regret my purchase. However, I wouldn't recommend it to a non-Bionicle fan, as overall it just isn't the greatest game. The combat and game engine is even simpler than the System lego games, the cutscenes are dumb and the bosses are too easy, there's only three types of basic enemies, and Hero mode takes away what little difficulty that their might have been without it. The only reason I enjoyed it was because the graphics are great, the music is cool (except for Hero Mode), and you destroy lots of stuff made out of legos.

Bionicle Heroes for the DS, on the other hand, is superior to the console versions and also is a very respectable FPS. There's greater enemy variety, the game engine is less watered down (you can actually jump whereever you want and fall off of edges), and there's actual difficulty. Sure, it's not as legoy and doesn't have as many secrets as the console version, but it's still a lot more fun.

I haven't played the GBA version, so I don't know whether I'd like it, but I heard that it was a good shoot-em up game. Again though, that's only because you could blow up lots of stuff.  :tongue:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 Bfahome

Bfahome

• Finding extras at 110% efficiency

Member: 3802

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:08 PM

Fun but repetitive.

Whenever I feel like increasing my piece count I just do the Roodaka level.  Easiest and most profitable boss fight ever, especially if you have Nuparu's weapon fully upgraded.

I hat the player version of Vezon.  He got uncoolified.  No cape or anything.

#9 VSF

VSF

Member: 7409

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:01 AM

It's cool. I loved playing it.

I hate it however, when you unlock Vezon he replaces the other Piraka. =(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users