Classic-Pirates runs this challenge to promote good, constructive feedback and discussion about entries.
- What do I do?
- First, you need to express an interest in participating, by posting in this thread. You don't have to build anything: just the time and effort required.
- Then, evaluate what you like and dislike about a contest entry and relay the information objectively to the builder. The important point is to express honest opinions in a helpful manner, whether good or bad. If you can do that creatively at the same time, you just might have what it takes to win the fabulous prize.
- The best Creative Critics will provide ongoing feedback, so it's not necessarily a "critique once and then wait until contest's end to receive your result". Find ways to continually provide feedback and you'll have a definite advantage.
- Go the extra mile. Providing reference pictures/links (either Lego or otherwise) as a clarification/explanation would be an example of taking that extra step to help the builder improve their MOC.
- A high post count alone will not assist you in winning the Creative Critic award and excessive, short, or unhelpful posts may result in disqualification. If your idea of a good comment is: "That MOC looks awesome", you may find yourself in a spot of bother. Quality first, then quantity.
How will it be judged?
The staff will assess the Creative Critic Award on the following criteria:
- The usefulness of the information provided.
- The professionalism in which the information is conveyed.
- Correct spelling, grammar and punctuation (we will be lenient if English is your second language)
- The volume of quality creative criticism you provide.