TTCE: EMD Class 66 653-05 TRAINSPORT

3 replies to this topic

#1 rotary_emotions

rotary_emotions

Member: 7527

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:01 PM

ENTERED

My entry for the contest. Only finished it just in time, but have been working on it for a while.
It's a model of the famous EMD Class 66, it's 8 wide, and thus very close to be exact minifig scale. For more pics and info:
Visit My MOCpages site
It's non-powerd right now, but is designed so that PF can easily be installed. This one is going to stay a display model, as it's the locomotive I drive in real life. Another Class 66 is under construction that will be PF from the start, but it won't change the design.
Features: V-12 engine with turbo, removable hood, build-up trucks (three axle, but able to negotiate curves/switches) and turning "timkin" bearings, detailed fronts, look-through radiator "mesh" imatations, uneven length cabs (as per original), all prototypical decals (self made), sand boxes,...

Attached Images

• eurobricks.JPG

#2 asleepatheswitch

asleepatheswitch

Member: 6981

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:17 PM

Very nice.  I like the ladder grills.  I do envy you though since you can roam through the prototype while I have to guess at details and dimensions from a photo or two.  Again, nic :thumbup: :classic:  e work!

#3 rotary_emotions

rotary_emotions

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:47 PM

I got a lot of info from www.class66.railfan.nl, the best site for info on this loco. "Mine" can be seen under "rurtalbahn", you can see the real one and compare :-D
I of course did look around in the real one aswell, it did help.

#4 rotary_emotions

rotary_emotions

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:50 AM

I have added one extra photo on my mocpages page. The real one vs the Lego model. I took the picture of the real one myself.

Edited by rotary_emotions, 28 September 2009 - 09:51 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users