SlyOwl

Pillage the Village II: The Calm After the Storm

3951593158_d06711e81d.jpg

The pirates finally got tired of pillaging, plundering and looting, and decided to partake in more civilised hobbies, letting life return to normal for the poor afflicted soldiers, civilians, islanders and sea monsters: a period of peace and prosperity has arrived! From taking tea with the Governor to bombarding their sweethearts with barrages of roses, this next chapter of the Pillage the Village saga explores the unchartered waters of peaceful pirates, impotent imperials, carefree civilians. Do they polish the cannons, or polish off the rum? Race their rowing boats, or repair the harbor? Chill out under a palm tree, or cut it down to build a shack? Explore foreign territories, or the local brothels?

This doesn't have to be pirates - islander, armada, civilian and imperial MOCs are all welcome too. You can even show the hobbies of Mr Kraken, should you want... But brutality and violence are unwanted in this new (temporarily) civilised era: whilst one drunken pirate punching another is acceptable, a full scale brawl is a step too far. Take this as the benchmark for the upper level of brutality permitted. Hunting and fishing have a slightly higher level of violence permitted.

Remember, judging is done by a public vote, so appeal to your audience!

Need inspiration? Check out the MOC Indexes - in particular the Land-based MOCs - a wealth of ideas and techniques to explore.

The Rules:

• The contest will run from September 25th to November 30th
  • One entry per person per category which can be modified/replaced up until the deadline.
  • 3 categories: Small (8x8 maximum), medium (16x16 maximum) and large (16x16 minimum)
  • It does not have to be on a square template. A reasonable amount of overlap is allowed (staff's discretion), but no expansion of the base by stacking plates or bricks (like this)
  • Full customization is allowed, including decals, string, sails, 3rd party customs (e.g. Brickarms, Brickforge). Cutting and painting are permissible, but as the contest is judged by public vote, these may not be popular. We suggest visiting The Great Pirate Torso Library and the Sail Library Resource.
  • All building techniques are allowed, including tiling and SNOT bases. No minifig limit.
  • No clone brands
  • No digital entries
  • All entries must be new creations that have never been displayed anywhere before.
  • The staff's judgment is final. Violations may be mentioned in the discussion thread, or not. At the end of the contest, violations will be disqualified OR subject to a penalty as determined by the staff. Please avoid this by clarifying any rules which you don't understand in this thread. You may be required to provide additional photos.
  • Post 6 pictures (maximum size 800x600). You can link to an external gallery, where there are no image limitations. See these tutorials for help with resizing images and deeplinking.
  • Important: Each entry will be posted in its own thread, like you would with a normal MOC. All entry threads are to be created in the LEGO Pirates MOCs Forum. The thread title should be the title of the ENTRY. The description of the entry thread should be "PTV2 Contest Entry - Large/Medium/Small".
  • Judging will take place by a public vote. Each person can pick their favourite 3 entries, in order per category. This will happen by posting, not by voting in a poll.
  • One must have joined Eurobricks before or on November 30 to be eligible to vote.

Sweet, but isn't it a day early? :tongue:

Great contest, I think I might enter this.

Edit: Whoops, nevermind.

Edited by Ricecracker

Great to see this contest up. I can't wait to see what I and the rest of the entrants will come up with.

Bigger better and nicer! What a twist.

Thanks to the EB staff and everyone else involved for starting up this contest.

NO VIOLENCE !?!

My brain hurts from this 180 degrees return. Ouch. Arrgh.

This will take a lot of serious thinking. And yoga seasions. And massage. And good music.

No violence. Ufff. Hard stuff.

Best Regards,

JanSued

Ha...Funny twist. Blackmoor can finally have that tea party he has always wanted to host and I can help Blue Hair fix that infernal scooter of his. Nice job guys. This should be lots of fun!

Maybe Joey Lock and Martin Super can finally get married, settle down and start a family :pir-laugh:

Edited by Commodore Hornbricker

Nice reconversion of the theme !

Sounds original, and as we don't see so often Moc of this subject, it's quite challenging !

Ha...Funny twist. Blackmoor can finally have that tea party he has always wanted to host and I can help Blue Hair fix that infernal scooter of his. Nice job guys. This should be lots of fun!

Maybe Joey Lock and Martin Super can finally get married, settle down and start a family :pir-laugh:

That made my day. :pir_laugh2:

That tea party is not even a bad idea....

NO VIOLENCE !?!

My brain hurts from this 180 degrees return. Ouch. Arrgh.

This will take a lot of serious thinking. And yoga seasions. And massage. And good music.

No violence. Ufff. Hard stuff.

Best Regards,

JanSued

That's exactly what I think of reading the rules.

Hmpf I'm a sick person with a lot of bloddy funny ideas .... that's a shame. :pir_bawling:

Ok although it will be a a great honor to do my little contribution

No violence! :pir-cry_sad::pir_bawling: I have been building this super ship for a violent contest.... and now this! This definately will make me think. The non-violent aspect isn't so bad after all, it should bring about some very creative mocs. I think I may have an idea on how to use my ship.

(sorry, didn't read well. question already answered)

Edited by eti

Sounds great.

When there's a contest that has a non-violence rule, I want to be part of it.

I already have ideas :thumbup:

So what's goin on? Is this a contest to display Pirates hobbies? :pir_wacko:

Hobbies is an option, but there are so many more possibilities. For example I'd hope to see a shipyard with a ship under construction, or the mighty Spanish armada sailing the seas to find new colonies, or the silver fleet returning home in Spain, or workers unloading a trade ship returning from the Indies, or a market scene in a beautiful coastal town, etc...

I figured PTV II would very different but not this different.

I can't wait to see all the great entries :jollyroger: