A certain quiet fell over the castle, until, around midnight, a disturbance was heard upstairs. Somebody was on the move.
Leaving the room, the Sorcerer made its way down the stairs.
The Wizard was also out for a stroll, and happened to be going upstairs. They passed each other, nodding cheerfully.
Suddenly, they stopped.
Realizing who they had just passed, the two quickly turned back to face each other, bringing forth fire in preparation for a fight.
"I've been looking for you", said the sorcerer. "I shall deal with you now to save the trouble later."
"I think you'll find me a little harder to deal with than that", replied the Wizard.
Just as they were about to launch into deadly conflict, someone came running out of the hall.
"There you are! I've been looking for you!" exclaimed the person, and grabbed the Sorcerer by the arm. "I wanted to talk about today, wasn't it awful? I think..."
The person continued chatting as it lead the Sorcerer away, leaving the Wizard alone in the foyer.
"How very odd", the Wizard pondered, before going back to its business.
Later that night, two figures strolled into the Grand Hall.
"...and so I said, Potatoes! How awful! Truly horrific I heard. Anyway-"
"This is very interesting, but I really must be going", the sorcerer cut in. "Perhaps we can meet again tomorrow."
"Oh all right then, see you later."
The person wandered off, watched by the Sorcerer with some relief.
"Well, I'm glad that person's gone", the Sorcerer muttered, while a black figure crept up unseen.
"I wonder what's for breakfast?"
"Anyway, off to bed I guess."
The Sorcerer left, leaving a frustrated assassin growling in the Grand Hall...
In the morning, the people gathered together again in the Grand Hall, ready for another day of the Dragon Hunt. The King had just brought them sorrowful news however, for he had been informed by his executioner that the dear maid Ethel had been discovered to be a simple loyal Citizen. Unfortunately, she had already been executed. What a pity. Discussion began to filter through the hall...
Rules of Play
This game will follow the basic conventions of a Mafia Game. Each "day", you will be given 4 real days in which to vote for someone to kill. The day will end as soon as a majority decision is reached, or when the 4 days are up. If someone has been convicted, you will find out their loyalty shortly after end of the day. After this a night phase will begin, which will last 2 real days. Then the cycle will repeat. Those players with night actions must PM them to me during the night phase. If I do not receive them within the two days, they will not be counted.
- There will be two main sides in the game. Your winning criteria will be included with your character PM.
- Voting is to be done in the day thread, and should follow the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Please note the use of bold. This is the only format that will be accepted. To unvote someone, the same applies: Unvote: Character (Player).
- You may not edit your posts. Violation of this rule may result in a moderator kill.
- Please avoid posting out of character in the game thread.
- Do not ever directly quote something the game moderator has sent to you via PM, whether it be your character information, night action results, or any other form of communication. Violation of this rule will result in a moderator kill. You may of course paraphrase any information you receive; if it is your own words then it is fine.
- Do not discuss game tactics or "play the game" outside the game thread, including in the General Discussion thread. You may communicate privately via PM, but this is at your own risk, and should be considered part of playing the game.
- Please be considerate towards the host. I will try my best to stick to the schedule, and your cooperation will help this greatly, particularly getting night actions in promptly.
- Sudden Death rules, as outlined in your roles, will only apply on certain nights. You will be informed of this in the final post of the day. A day in which no conviction is reached will definitely result in a sudden death night.
Characters and Players
Ambassador Ralf Simnel played by Quarryman
Duchess Juliana Dufay played by Alice
Hugh (Servant) played by WhiteFang
Simon (Librarian) played by I Scream Clone
Ambassador Sirion Vipont played by ImperialShadows
Countess Margaret Durville played by TinyPiesRUs
Peter (Servant) played by Darth_Legois
Lieutenant Victor played by Bob the construction man
Lady Rohesia Papelion played by Sandy
Lady Beatrice Harcourt played by Zepher
Admiral Thomas Mallory played by Sir Dillon
Lord William Harcourt played by Hinckley
Richard (Guard) played by Ricecracker
Agnes (Maid) played by Striker
Nicholas (Guard) played by professor flitwick
Francis the Friar played by Svelte
Captain Geoffrey played by Escape the Fate
Lord Edward Griffin played by Stash2sixx
Gilbert (Guard) played by General Armendariz
Chef Walter played by JimButcher
Ethel (Maid) played by Adam (Citizen): Convicted, Day 1